Sign in to follow this  
mtosc

FSX and Windows 10

I am thinking of upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10.   Before I do, I wanted to know if anyone was running 10 with FSX and if there are any problems.   

I am running FSX with Acceleration (not steam edition).   

Please post your experience with Windows 10 and FSX, thanks.

I just went to Windows 10 (on a clean install) with FSX Steam and have had no problems. I actually like the operating system. I have not had any issues with FSUIPC, Saitek, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR or any other drivers. ASN, REX, everything installed and works no problems for me.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I went to Windows 10 a few months ago when it was first released. I just upgraded my Windows 7 install; I didn't do a clean install.

I've had no issues running FSX, TrackIR, etc.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

No problems at all with Windows 10 running FSX.  However, after one of the Windows 10 updates, my joystick throttle combination (Saitek X45) started to have some problems.  When I plug them in to any USB port 2 or 3, they will be recognized by the OS, but after a short time, the lights on both throttle and joystick go out, and I get a message from Windows saying the USB device stopped working.  But, if I start FSX before this happens, then they work fine throughout my session.  As soon as I close FSX, the lights go out again.  Nothing more than a minor annoyance.  If they stopped working during my FSX session, I would be screaming.  

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

I had problems with PMDG aircraft after going to Win 10 - back on Win 7 and all is well. I doubt I'll be upgrading my FS machine for a while yet. I do have Win 10 running on my utility computer that runs ASN, FSC, PFPX etc.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'd like to upgrade to win 10 but clean install is not a solution for me since I have so much stuff on my computer that I really don't wish to reinstall. But I don't trust upgrading to work properly.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I upgraded to Windows10 and have encountered some problems: long load times, loading from the start menu I have to click in the screen to get the start menu to disappear, and finally, when I am flying, it doesn't matter which aircraft, and I try to use the map function all I get is a black screen. I find this very annoining. Any one have any idea why my map is not showing?

Hi,

just installed FSX on a new computer with a Win10 clean install. Runs excellent, no issues at all, no single crash so far. Also installed the PMDG 747, same here, no problems.

Best,

Mike

My suggestion is... Install FSX first on win 8.1 make sure everything is working fine, than you upgrade. That what I`ve done while switching wins.

My%20Signature.jpg

If it works, fine.  If it doesn't, you may have to google and explore solutions on the flightsim sites.

One thing I do recall is that you may need to download and install a different automationcore.dll in some cases (backup the original of course, just in case).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)