Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

XP Lighting In FSX Pics

Well..... almost! :smile:

SBRJ-SBSP (Scenery by Paulo & FTX Global 3d Lights)

1ddc4e.jpg
29f284.jpg
3ced3a.jpg
4c98ee.jpg
5ac3d0.jpg
629ce7.jpg
771a96.jpg
834fe3.jpg
927d34.jpg
10.jpg

Jose

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

how are you Jose,

you already know that :wink:

you dont have to say "well... almost" or compare to XP,

FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D all stand up on their own with vibrent and as vivid nights if not more than XP today,

The image below (Malaga, Spain) was not retouched, edited, or even cropped, this is a raw image from FSX!

large.spainlarge19.jpg.38b3205eeffeb3c22

• Upvote 1

Chris,

Is that with the Night Environment addon?

NAX669.png

how are you Jose,

FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D all stand up on their own with vibrent and as vivid nights if not more than XP today,

The image below (Malaga, Spain) was not retouched, edited, or even cropped, this is a raw image from FSX!

Looks very nice, however there is one huge difference between this and X-Plane's lighting. X-Plane's is global and part of the sim, not a paid addon.

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Chris,

Is that with the Night Environment addon?

Yes sir :hi:

thats Malaga under NE Spain there

Looks very nice, however there is one huge difference between this and X-Plane's lighting. X-Plane's is global and part of the sim, not a paid addon.

very true, but nonetheless we do have a magnificent night lighting for all platforms today,

and nothing to sneeze at too; as the image above comes to illustrate,

on a dise note;

XP was my totem pole, inspiration and what I strived to achieve when I set myself to create Night Environment,

I honestly feel that today we render a better visuals than what the built XP system offers; final visuals wise,

Our Night Lighting system in XP will even enhance XP’s current visuals folds compared to you get today by default!

how are you Jose,

That looks great. I've considered getting some of the packages like Texas and Florida to start but so concerned about the performance hit with both FPS and VAS that I haven't purchased yet.

There are some free light point libraries that were developed for me years back by a member here that went by the user name Rumbaflappy (or something like that). Using his lights and placing them manually with Instant Scenery they didn't effect FPS at all and had very long draw distances. I wonder if those lights could be swapped out for your lights but using your vector data to eliminate FPS and VAS issues?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hopefully P3D in the future (v4) can do something to make the lights much better. I like the screenshots of Night Environment, but the price is simply too much. In X-Plane, which I have not flown in a very long time, the user gets the entire world included, but for FSX/P3D the only thing available is a very expensive add-on if you want a lot of coverage. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

so concerned about the performance hit with both FPS and VAS that I haven't purchased yet.

you are missing out simply for not being informed,

just like any other scenery when properly managed; there are no VAS issues,

in the early days people were not familiar with NE; many ended up activating all three levels together which caused excessive VAS usage;

we later noticed this and educated our customers further to avoid such issues; when activated as intended there are no VAS issues!

now that you've mentioned it; i forgot the last time that was even an issue with NE,

for the past year now i don’t recall anyone having a VAS issues with NE,

we have a sub forum here on AVSIM and a dedicated forums today;

brows our posts and you will for yourself there are no VAS issues with NE these days,

Hopefully P3D in the future (v4) can do something to make the lights much better. I like the screenshots of Night Environment, but the price is simply too much

not to hijack the topic; i don’t think NE is expensive; it is half the cost of an average airport;

or 1/4 cost of an aircraft; don’t forget we cover an entire country in detail, by hand at that cost!

forget the 3D lights above ground;

our nightmp alone is a full Photoreal layer drawn by hand to match the 3D lights above!

it is not a repetitive textures we recall; each country's night map is custom made by hand!

i doubt P3D will endeavor this route or XP for that matter,

if you read our FAQ section on our forums;

i have posted allot of information to help people understand NE, how the system works and how it differs from other systems,

it’s not a global system and not intended for world coverage; it is custom designed by hand to give your region a realistic night with enhanced controls,

not to hijack the topic; i don’t think NE is expensive; it is half the cost of an average airport;
or 1/4 cost of an aircraft; don’t forget we cover an entire country in detail, by hand at that cost!

forget the 3D lights above ground;
our nightmp alone is a full Photoreal layer drawn by hand to match the 3D lights above!
i doubt P3D will endeavor this route or XP for that matter,

if you read our FAQ section on our forums;
i have posted allot of information to help people understand NE, how the system works and how it differs from other systems,
its not a global system and not intended for world coverage; it is designed to give your region a more realistic night with enhanced controls,

I understand and appreciate all of that. For me, someone who purchases flight sim products, I would hope that P3D would include a lighting solution that utilizes similar technology as XP in v4. This would give all users a global night lighting solution that would be included with the cost of the core platform. To each his/her own, but for me, I would not desire to spend $500-600 for a lighting solution that covers a tiny fraction of North America plus a very few countries. I do, however, see the value of the product if someone does wish to invest in a night environment product to illuminate a part of the world that they want.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Thank you Mike,

you’re still mixing a global approach vs. regional,

the cost of a single region averages around 11EUR to 17EUR,

it’s not a global system in disguise; though some venture this route,

the average simmer usually surround himself with the few states he focuses on,

the investment is usually around 50-70EUR to cover an average simmers hearts desires with NE,

even if you surround yourself with 3 to 5 NE regions; how do you get to 500-600$?

if you owned every single title we made so far (total 24); the basket is still under 300!

full coverage for Germany as an example at 17EUR is not a tiny area!

most producers divide Germany into 4 regions at a much higher cost per title!

even the global system solution that exists today doesn’t come close to XP system visuals when compared side by side!

Hands down we surpass them both when it comes to real night visuals!

hence the differences between a custom handmade product to a global rendition,

you can’t really compare a Bentley to a Ford Focus; 5 wheels and a steering wheel is all the conceptual similarity they share,

Other than that its two different animals; it’s not even considered a competing products,

(my apologies for this unintentional hijack Jose!)

Ok Chris, sounds good. Still wish P3D will add a nice global lighting feature in P3D v4 because I would like to see really nice lights wherever I am. Anyway, best of luck with your product. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

you are missing out simply for not being informed,

just like any other scenery when properly managed; there are no VAS issues,

in the early days people were not familiar with NE; many ended up activating all three levels together which caused excessive VAS usage;

we later noticed this and educated our customers further to avoid such issues; when activated as intended there are no VAS issues!

now that you've mentioned it; i forgot the last time that was even an issue with NE,

for the past year now i don’t recall anyone having a VAS issues with NE,

we have a sub forum here on AVSIM and a dedicated forums today;

brows our posts and you will for yourself there are no VAS issues with NE these days,

Thanks for the reply Chris. What about FPS issues since you said VAS wasn't a concern if set up properly?

Also, any thing regarding the lights I mentioned developed by Rumbaflappy?

Jose, sorry for high jacking you thread. Great photos you posted.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator