Sign in to follow this  
eelis

Is Flight! and content still available?

I have searched at this flight-forum for "key", to find something for my problem. To reconnect my Flight to my MS-live profile after a new full system install (Win7 Pro 64) I am asked for an produkt key for ms-flight but I never hade one. So, stonelance wrote:

You can't get product keys on GFWL any more. If you didn't already have a profile and had used Microsoft Flight on GFWL in the past, you can no longer gain access it.

I have a similar problem: After a clean new install of my system the Live COnnection ask me for an produkt key of Flight, but I never got someone in the past. I purchased Flight on steam an had buy 4 DLCs. So I still have 4 Codes for the DLCs but no one for the game itselfs. Because you wrote this statement aove I hav a qestion: I had an account for live and played Flight AND the DLCs for a long time. Is it possible for me to get my produkt key from another place (my live profile e.g.) and not from the GFWL-Client?

If you have ANY idea to get access to my existing Live-Profile with Flight, please post it. I am searching for many weeks and post at the german community-page for flight some days ago, but no one have an idea to solve my problem.

BTW: I read about the "flight toolkit", is it possible to use flight with all my dlc's ba using this toolkit, whats about the live-connect to get my profile stats?

edit

found this:

Just so you know, you do need Hawaii and Alaska for the FSX converison, but with the toolkit you can download them for free.

You mean, it is possible to download the alaska addon FOR FREE with your toolkit, even if I only purchased Hawaii an some planes?. Playing Flight with ALL DLCs?

sry for my bad english...

best regards

DonCrabro

You mean, it is possible to download the alaska addon FOR FREE with your toolkit, even if I only purchased Hawaii an some planes?. Playing Flight with ALL DLCs?

Yes, you can use all DLCs that were released for Flight when you install the Flight Toolkit and download all addons in the Addon Manager. On the other hand, you might lose your GfWL Flight profile when you do this.

@ majuh

Thank you for your fast and direkt answer. All content for free, sounds very good! But, is it legal? :hi:

First I will go on searching for a option to get a produkt-key (btw: I don't understand why I need such a key for a free-to-play-game) to play with my profil-data, but if I can't get my profile, I will try the toolkit off stonelance.

I have tested the links postet ba hiflyer and found my software-list online, but there are also no keys (like gfwl-client). So, if any one knows something about getting the produktkey (my own) without using the gfwl-client, please tell me... :help: THX!

best

DC

The only way to get a product key was to contact the Microsoft Flight support team which no longer exists.  If you log into the GFWL marketplace app that installs with the marketplace client you might be able to get it installed from there, but I doubt it.

I think technically it wasn't a product key, but a LIVE key, which is slightly different and for some reason even though Flight is free, it still needs one.  It used to be automatically downloaded without having to do anything , but since the LIVE servers went down that no longer happens.  Using Non-GFWL mode in the Flight Toolkit is the only way I know of to get around it.

The toolkit used to be able to "import" your GFWL profile if you kept a copy of it before wiping your PC, but after the server went down I don't think it is possible to recover any aerocaches since that was only stored on the servers.  If you didn't back up your profile I think you are out of luck.

UPDATE (I don't forget you...)

The "Games for Windows Markeplace"-client now displays a "Live-Zugriffscode" and the ingame procedure to sign into the live-profile works (now!) fine, without asking for any code. After downloading all my purchased content the hole game works fine, including the DLC-contents.

look at (german): https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/ms-flight-bei-live-anmeldung-ist-die-eingabe-eines/d0d5f884-5f60-4226-bdc6-7365e2b8b375

BUT:

My profile-data is (completely?!) lost. I have to start with the "flight to the wedding"-mission again. I thougt the profile-data is saved online in/at the live-profile?

I had saved the flight-folder in my "document"-folder folder but not the the "flight"-folder at ""C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\" - found this one to late... ;-(

Question:

Any idea to get my carreer back, or is it lost?

Best

DC

I think the career files are saved locally in the AppData folder, so it's probably lost.

Unfortunately the mission completion data was never stored online, just locally.  Your career stats (XP, etc.) were stored on Flight servers, but they took those down long ago.

Unfortunately the mission completion data was never stored online, just locally.  Your career stats (XP, etc.) were stored on Flight servers, but they took those down long ago.

The hazards of that system, which companies keep trying to lock us into.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The hazards of that system, which companies keep trying to lock us into.

Hazard?  Everything was saved locally, and the game runs without the server.  If he had saved his local copy he wouldn't have lost anything.  The only hazard is the GFWL keys that are needed for new people for whatever reason.  That was a problem even before servers were taken down, and mainly because GFWL was abandoned during production and the team didn't move to an alternative soon enough.

@all: Thanks a lot for your answers. I think, I'm "too late" too save my profile...:-)

So, I have installed the FTK 1.1.28 and installed all content. Had some trouble with aktivating the "Alaska Wilderness Pack" (solved) and the"rear view" (F8) at the Cup is not centered...

But all other tings work fine - thanks a lot! I will test the other things in the next weeks...

CU

All the best

DonCrabro

@stonelance I was one of those who really enjoyed MS Flight when it first came out. At one time I was able to log into GFWL and retrieve the downloads after a HD crash but I missed the Aerocaches. After another issue, I lost the game so tried to reinstall to my new machine but GFWL is throwing error messages and I haven't gotten it back.

I decided to try your tool kit and after reading your tutorials and a few threads here, I got it back and also the extra contents and Aerocaches. Today, I'm having as much fun as I did when MS Flight first came out.

I just wanted to come here and thank you for your work and all the enjoyment you're giving me. I hope you see this post.

Thank you again.

Respectfully,

Christine

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Glad you got Flight back and are still enjoying it.  And, again, many thanks to Stonelance for making this possible.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 2/19/2016 at 9:28 PM, stonelance said:

Brandon was also reporting similar issues with GFWL.  He also had problems where it couldn't retrieve his product key so he couldn't even start Flight with GFWL.  If I were you guys, I would report these problems on some MS forums.  It could be that some service change broke GFWL.

I’ve got the same problem.....

If you owned Flight in the past, then follow Stonelance' advice in this thread and you should be able to get it up and running again. Since there have been some different problems, read the entire thread for advice.

Downloading the Flight Toolkit (listed in this forum) should help solve the problem.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hi

So it was time to say goodbye to my old and trusty, nine years old two core desktop pc.

Now I'm owner of Lenovo Legion T730 Tower with Intel core i7 8750k 3.6 - 4,2 gigaherz with 512G SSD PCIe and 2TB HDD and 32GB DDR4 and Geforce GTX 1060 craphics card.

So here I go again and trying to install my one and only flight sim (I have tried them all, but no-one compares) MS Flight.

First I was horrified, that my link to Flight at Microsoft did not work and I coudn't download it. After the shock I googled Flight download and found it at this site: www.techspot.com/downloads/5331-microsoft-flight.html . I'm sure this is not the only place where you could find it. Again I was not able to download my bought content with GFWL, so had to use Stonelance's excellent Flight tools (1.1.32), which did the job brilliantly.

Now I have to find time to convert the world scenery, but I have one problem: I cannot install FSX any more PC's because it won't let me. I bought the FSX gold edition used, and it's been installed so many times it won't anymore.

Now I am going to try moving FSX from my old pc to this new one, maybe Flight tools then can convert the scenery to my new PC's installation of Flight, who knows?

And how does it fly then? Smooth as hell and loading is very fast, so I'm in seventh heaven!

I'm looking forward seeing you there in multiplayer of Flight! (...or then maybe I'm the only one flying it anymore...)

-eelis-

Edited by eelis
  • Like 2