Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Airfoillabs Cessna 172

The only thing i really hate about this bird is the beacon light, it looks like a dam port faro, i do not understand why the developers did not address this during the latest updates. That light is just so wrong.

The developers of the aircraft cannot control that.  Laminar has acknowledged that the size of the beacon is an unsolved problem.

The developers of the aircraft cannot control that.  Laminar has acknowledged that the size of the beacon is an unsolved problem.

I know laminar plays a role here but other aircraft does not have such an evident weird beacon.

Manuel Merelles

I know laminar plays a role here but other aircraft does not have such an evident weird beacon.

It's possible other authors are using v9 legacy beacons, which may look better but they have been deprecated and may stop working at any time.   The v10 beacon will get fixed.

But,

guys, this aircraft is such a charm to fly, by the numbers of the true 172, the panel so well done, the systems modeling already so good and converging to something even better, that I really don't mind about that detail...

But I understand your concerm mmeireles, just like that awful tire screetch in most X-Plane aircraft while taxiing or taking off :-/

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

just like that awful tire screetch in most X-Plane aircraft while taxiing or taking off

Is that still there? I installed a hack ages ago to get rid of it and forgot about it :smile:. It was the single most stupidest thing in X-Plane that really annoyed me along with the deers and really killed immersion.

• Upvote 2

Yes, heard about that fix, but don't even have a link, anyway, the Airfoillabs C172 has nice sounds - they took care of it themselves :-) and the aircraft is so nice to fly that they could have put a VW sound on it and I wouldn't notice :-)

Playing with the radio functionalities. Wow! What a plane!!!

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

Is that still there? I installed a hack ages ago to get rid of it and forgot about it :smile:. It was the single most stupidest thing in X-Plane that really annoyed me along with the deers and really killed immersion.

Yep, hated those things.  For those not knowing about the skid fix, here is it.  It's a sound file replacement, rename/back up the original one just in case.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/19488-skid-dry-sound-off/

• Upvote 3

Thank You gpb500

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I also purchased AFL 172, and I find it an amazing plane. I also own 172 A2A, but I find myself increasingly flying in X-plane due to the better flight dynamics and scenery. I am real world pilot (flying mostly Aquila 210), and I find AFL 172/XP10 a much more realistic way to practice gusy crosswind landings compared to A2A/P3D combo.

I also love how smooth it is to flare teh AFL 172 with my Saitek Cessna yoke. Feels very realistic, unlike a2a 172 which is too sensitive despite my tries to adjust the control settings.

• Upvote 3

Well done plane. A lot slower than my real life RV6 was :smile: , but still fun for night flying in XP10.  Trims well, flares nice in the landing, and has the feel of a 172.  Good job!

• Upvote 1

I have just gotten this plane also and find it amazing...especially the flight model.  One thing though that I was wondering if someone could help with...I am using X-Camera and the default camera that is created when enabling acts well...strangely.  As I pan up with the mouse look, the viewpoint seems to move forward as the view points up to the point where the instruments change to a oblong shape, and the panel looks 'tilted'.  Its like the person in the plane is moving forward while looking up but its distorting the view.  No other of the X-Camera views in other planes does this.  This is the only drawback and otherwise love the plane, but can't take this effect.  Also, maybe I should use TrackIR and that would correct it.  Anyway, I am brand new to X-Plane so was wondering if anyone else is seeing this and could help.  Thanks!

****NEWS UPDATE FROM AIRFOILLABS****

Dear Customers,

During last period of time we had to reevaluate our development focus and our future plans. I believe it is only good news even though it took us some of the valuable development time.

So the very good news is that our small team is going to be bigger. We have one more programmer college and from the month of August we will have another college dedicated to customer support. A new 3d modeler will help us from September too. We have also created a new Company and managed to get a reasonable new investment for future development. We are currently also working on our own plugin and DRM system for X-plane. This is very important for any future projects. I would like also to thank you all very much for supporting us and also for your patience during updates development. All this new plans are based on the fact that you are enthusiastic about X-plane and our Cessna. I have to say that we strongly believe in X-plane technology and the future of it. New scenery, planes, and other features will be produced for sure by other developers.

C172SP
Not so great news is, that because of many organizational issues mentioned above, we are late with 1.60 version of our Cessna. It is also related to the fact that with the engine logic, we are rebuilding the sound system and complex failures system. It will take approx. 2 more weeks unfortunately.

King Air 350
3D model is going to be finalized soon. After we finish C172 1.60 version we will focus more development time on KA350 systems development.

In July we will announce another new project for development with release in 2017. This will be a big one.

That's all folks.

Thank you again for supporting us. I believe all of us will fulfill our dreams :).

All the best,

Juraj Rovensky
Airfoillabs
www.airfoillabs.com

• Upvote 3

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I absolutely love this 172, and how it flies.   It was my first GA addon for XP10, and I am having a hard time now, because all subsequent aircraft I've bought just don't measure up to this Airfoil labs C172 !

My single only complaint, is that there is always a large 'jerk' when the autopilot in engaged.   I would love for that to be fixed.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)