Sign in to follow this  
vin747

747-8 Questions

I understand that PMDG will not model the EFB in the 777 and 747-8. Instead of leaving the EFB place vacant in the 747-8, PMDG can at least use the EFB as a graphical load manager and fuel manager with diagrams that show seating chart, fuel load distribution etc.. This looks visually better than loading fuel and passengers thru FMC. I'm just comparing with what i've seen in X-plane aircraft like SSG 747-8.  

Also, in SSG 747-8, when you zoom in all the way on the ND, you can see the airport layout.. will this feature be available in PMDG 747-8 v2?

Vinod Kumar.

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

use the EFB as a graphical load manager and fuel manager

good idea i would like that.... and also maybe a performance calculator as topcat stopped developing and its very easy with the  773 to make an over/under powered takeoff...

• Upvote 1

and also maybe a performance calculator as topcat stopped developing and its very easy with the 773 to make an over/under powered takeoff...

Sure, it's easy for the 773 to make over/under powered takeoffs base upon assumed temperature and derates. But to calculate the assumed temperature and derates is not easy. It is a long tedious process that involves takeoff weight, runway length, taxiway intersection takeoffs, airport elevation, ambient temperature and altimeter, wind speed/direction, and a safe climb out over obstacles. If it was easy, TOPCAT developers would have added the 300ER. Try TOPER it might help. It can be read about and purchased here - http://secure.simmarket.com/toper-calculator-tool-b777-v3.0-(takeoff-performance-calculator).phtml.

Sure, it's easy for the 773 to make over/under powered takeoffs base upon assumed temperature and derates. But to calculate the assumed temperature and derates is not easy. It is a long tedious process that involves takeoff weight, runway length, taxiway intersection takeoffs, airport elevation, ambient temperature and altimeter, wind speed/direction, and a safe climb out over obstacles. If it was easy, TOPCAT developers would have added the 300ER. Try TOPER it might help. It can be read about and purchased here - http://secure.simmarket.com/toper-calculator-tool-b777-v3.0-(takeoff-performance-calculator).phtml.

I already have it but its not accurate enough but as you said its the only solution for now.