Sign in to follow this  
morten7741

Blurry textures P3D V3

I just still feel like it can look better, for example look at this video: 

if you look at the comments he does have an overclocked i7 but a gtx 960 2gb and mine is 4gb. So although I would get worse performance by getting rid of the blurries. I just want to get rid of them, so that I know it can be done.

Morten

do you have the below in your cfg

[sIM]

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

Yes I've tried them, but with no luck

well i noticed that you have the same CPU as mine try to run it turbo mode, anyway it could be that you don't have an SSD

SSD improve the speed of loading's in everything. that's a option for you to upgrade to SSD ,

you can also try to re install P3D. maybe some addons you have is corrupting your P3D

i had really bad performance the first time i installed P3D but then i re installed it couple of days later and it simply got fixed some and now its running beautiful.

also try to locking your fps if u haven't done so

but the last pic you posted looks good just a little blurriness in the distance

How do I enable turbo mode? Thought I already was on.. I do have an ssd but only for Windows 10. But my hdd is 7200rpm 1tb hdd. As said earlier I've reinstalled P3D so many times that I can't count it anymore. And I have locked my fps (although I don't see a difference)

yeah and that blurriness in the difference is what I mean with 'it can be better' 

Thanks

Morten

I don't see much difference between your recent picture and the video you posted.  They both look about the same as far as resolution and pretty much what I see with my sim experiences.  I agree with Bert that it's not going to get much better than your most recent image.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

How do I enable turbo mode? Thought I already was on.. I do have an ssd but only for Windows 10. But my hdd is 7200rpm 1tb hdd. As said earlier I've reinstalled P3D so many times that I can't count it anymore. And I have locked my fps (although I don't see a difference)

yeah and that blurriness in the difference is what I mean with 'it can be better' 

Thanks

Morten

when you first boot your PC press F2 depends on your BIOS and look up the settings you should be able to see option like energy save , and turbo mode.

mmm im not sure what could be the problem

Auslogic is a great defrag program and it's free.

And you should use enbseries and/or sweetfx, you can improve both look and performance.

I think you can get some performance through tweaking antialiasing and sharpening through sweetfx, at least in FSX that worked for me. Although that was some years back already.

I think you can try disktix for free it is the one i use

Regards ted kiser

As Jim Young said with Windows 10, it should do everything to keep the hardrive fast automatically

I don't recall saying that as I have little or no knowledge of Windows 10 but I did say that HDD's and SSD's are much faster than in the days when FSX was first released and I see little or no need to defrag. 

After installing FSX for the first time, it is a well known fact that the files are thrown all over the HDD (this is why it is good to install FSX or P3D on an SSD as the SSD is a bit faster loading FSX/P3D).  I would suspect P3D installs are thrown all over the HDD's too.  I just defragged my HDD's just for the heck of it as I had not done so for a long time.  I saw little or no change in loading times or increasing the performance and rendering in P3D.  But I do have two SSD's and FSX/P3D is on one and my system is on another.  My addons are on my 3 HDD's. 

I use photoscenery occasionally and get blurry textures like those shown in some of your images above.  This morning I decided to turn off shadows (except on the aircraft) and lowered my Texture_Max_Load from 4096 to 2048 and I got much quicker rendering and clearer textures.  I do believe the photoscenery textures rendered faster in FSX though and were a lot more crisp.  This is why I decided to turn off those features not found in FSX like cloud shadows and that helped.  Cloud shadows, especially at the max or near the max, are nice but they are hard on your sim's performance.  It's things like this that you need to investigate on YOUR computer because what works great on my computer does not necessarily work well with others.  Wouldn't that be nice though?  One person could set up the config with perfect and crisp and clear textures and everyone else could simply follow and they could then get more enjoyment out of their experiences.  On many flights I simply refuse to look out the cockpit and keep my eyes on the gauges instead most of the time.

Oh!  One other thing I do, especially with photoscenery, is change the resolution from 100% to something around 50% for spot views (use the plus/minus keys on your keyboard).  For wing views, on the heavies, I change the resolution to 30%.  This gives a much clearer resolution especially for photoscenery.  I have GEP3D and UTX2.1 and get good clarity there too.  But, as I stated, above, this all worked well in FSX but I have been doing a lot of fumbling with the sliders lately to get the same type of clarity in P3D and that's why I decided this morning to start shutting down the eye-candy that came with P3D.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10