Sign in to follow this  
morten7741

Blurry textures P3D V3

Hi,

you're textures are really blurry, so there must to be something wrong.

What works best for me (4 cores with HT on) was to set P3D to AM=85 which start 4 threads for the sim.

I also tried with 4 threads across only 3 cores to free up core 0 for system and other programs, but that did not work out and it looks similar to your blurry textures taking very long to load.

Trying to summarize (all AM settings for 4 cores with HT=on):

- let P3D use 4 LP's, for me this is AM=85 (01010101) - don't give the sim more than 4 LP (logical processors)

- free up the P3D main working thread on core 0 (LP 0,1) and even better also core 1 - set AM=160 (10100000) for all other programs running (I use process lasso for this purpose)

- limit your frame rate (in my case I use 30 fps limit in P3D) - find out your min fps in EGLL :smile: the min achievable fps should be your limit (maybe -2 or 3 frames to be save)

- use moderate settings and textures with size 1024 (for me that is good enough)

I have no issues with blurry textures anymore, but sometimes they kind of pop up and resolution of textures improves when I'm getting closer.

Think that's a problem of P3D in general, because even when I pause the sim textures are not changing, it always depends on my distance to them (LOD setting is "Ultra")? 

Maybe any ideas on my changing textures issue (recommended settings)?

Marc

Marc Weber

And just in case you have Hyperthreading turned off on your CPU, the equivalent AM settings are 15 and 14.

Bert

Sometimes saving/reloading  the flight will also reset things..

Bert

What if you hit the P and pause.  Give the textures time to render.  Settings are way too high.  In addition, if you changed your display settings to change the gamma using NVIDIA settings, goodbye FPS/VAS.  Everything looks nicer though with the gamma setting lowered.  Not so much brightness.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10