captain420

Do I have to reinstall precipitfx everytime I install a new aircraft?

I just bought a new plane for P3D, and with that being said. Do I need to reinstall precipitfx everytime I install a new aircraft into the sim?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Aaron.    If you have any doubts,  just re-run the little configurator again, it only takes seconds, great little tool 

As far as I know, PrecipitFX changes the default weather effects used in the simulator, not specific aircraft effects. It doesn't touch the aircraft as it isn't relevant. Now, if you purchased one of their aircraft dedicated 'Immersion' packages, then everytime you re-install that aircraft, you'll probably have to re-run the dedicated Immersion package too.

As far as I know, PrecipitFX changes the default weather effects used in the simulator, not specific aircraft effects. It doesn't touch the aircraft as it isn't relevant. Now, if you purchased one of their aircraft dedicated 'Immersion' packages, then everytime you re-install that aircraft, you'll probably have to re-run the dedicated Immersion package too.

As far as I know, the programme does change the effects lines in the aircraft.cfg, so yes, it would have to be rerun every time a new aircraft is installed (including AI).

Cheers

I just bought a new plane for P3D, and with that being said. Do I need to reinstall precipitfx everytime I install a new aircraft into the sim?

Yes

As far as I know, the programme does change the effects lines in the aircraft.cfg,

I stand corrected, thanks.

On 2/13/2016 at 6:48 AM, Keven Menard said:

Yes

Reinstall? No

Run the config tool? Yes.