Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

FSX AFCAD in P3D

Right so, I'm no scenery developer but I've read this guide and followed it too the T.     http://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/199756-how-do-i-set-taxi-link-draw-flags-to-default-values

I fly United Routes all the time in the NGX and I'm missing two hubs; EWR and ORD. 

I have downloaded two greatr FSX AFCADS for both HUBS from Ray Smith in the Library.

No matter what I do there is problem while using them in P3D 3.1, and I read the "book."

Can anyone convert these files for me if they know how to do it, I'd be very very greatful.

Thanks! 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the ORD afcad converted for use in P3D. I can get the EWR and fix that for you if needed.

Generally speaking, most issues with FSX scenery is that taxiways are missing in P3D. By opening the scenery with ADE, you can and then set Draw Surface & Draw Detail to Yes for your taxiway links this normally fixes all issues with P3D.

I have the ORD afcad converted for use in P3D. I can get the EWR and fix that for you if needed.

Awesome can you PM them too me? Are they from the Ray Smith version?

OK so here is the contents of Ray Smith's KORD for FSX:

KORD_CVX.bgl
KORD_CW_RS.bgl
KORD_RS.bgl

I dont need the "x-wind file" (CW_RS.bgl) so I deleted that file.

Took KORD_CVX.bgl and open up ADE Editor > File > Open Airport from BGL, everything loads and looks good.

Lists >  Taxi Links > Select All > Reset All Draw Flags > Close

Now do I need to recompile or do I just save it and when I save it does it need to be named what it was named originally?

Now do I need to recompile or do I just save it and when I save it does it need to be named what it was named originally?

Compile it to your desktop. Copy+Paste the title of the original, replace the title of the newly compiled file with it, then delete the original. Install as normal. 

Compile it to your desktop. Copy+Paste the title of the original, replace the title of the newly compiled file with it, then delete the original. Install as normal. 

Thanks much I'll give it a shot

should I include .BGL in the rename because ADE uses .ad4 or something like that 

You don't need to open the CVX file at all unless you want to change the airport poly, it's the actual BGL file that you want to edit. As Christopher mentioned above, what exactly is the problem? There are a few things that can happen when importing FSX ADE's to P3d from missing taxiways to missing excludes or buildings and objects. With many airports that Ray has done he uses custom library objects that when you recompile from just using a BGL as a template those library objects won't appear in your edited BGL unless you have them added to your Library Object Manager or have added those missing models to your project.

ADE uses an ad4 extension when you save a project, but when you compile it saves as a BGL.

You have probably only saved the file, Ron. You need to compile it to get the BGL file. I am not sure what you mean with respect to the CVX file. You should have opened the KORD_RS.bgl file (which I assume is the airport AFD file)?

OK thanks guys I was opening the wrong file and things became a mess. I've got KORD working now, I'm gonna fly UAL672 CYVR-KORD 739 right now and try everything out.

Thanks for the help.