Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the help.  I was able to figure out the Path not valid problem.  The Prepar3d.exe file is named Prepar3D (I never changed it on my own).  So when I copy it I changed it and changed it to Fsx.exe like the instructions said it wouldn't work.  I changed it to fsx and the installer picked up this path in my Prepar3D folder.

I followed the instruction as per the first page.  Now another problem has come up. When I load Prepar3D no music starts, No tab comes up under ADD ON when I load the sim.  I increased the traffic sliders inside the sim and now I have no AI inside the sim what so ever.

I load UT2 first and there is still no music and then I receive this warning

PROGRAM ERROR

Error loading default UT2 or FSX settings

Unexpected end file has occurred. The following elements are not closed :

Launch.Addon,Simbase.Document. Line 30 position 20

I have went over the instruction again and again and cant get any further

Any ideas?

Thanks,

William Coade

No problem William.    Can you go here and Copy and Paste your exe.xml file and give me a look at it.  

(C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3

================

Also,  make sure you have Installed all your SimConnet.msi files.    Install them all 

Located here:  Prepar3D v3 ► redist ► Interface.  Click into each one, Click into lib.  Right Click and Install

25517006773_5146499c0b_o.png

Hi Elaine,

Things are still not working out for me.  I uninstalled all my add-ons and uninstalled Prepar 3D V3 using your pinned topic in this fourm.

I then reinstalled P3D V3 and haven't installed any add-ons.  The first add-on I am trying to install is UT2

When I go to step (2) creating\Modifying exe.xml file

I go to C:user\usersname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

When I create a new doc in New Text Doc.txt and then rename it exe.xml it stays a Text Doc. it doesn't convert to a xml Doc. like I see in your screen shot.

When I start UT2 a program error comes up.

Error loading default UT2 or FSX setting

could not find file c:\user\users\appdata\roaming\lockheed martin\prepar3d v3\EXE.xml

I am thinking this is the problem that this created file is in the wrong format???

If it is how do I change it to XML file

I have copied and pasted the text into the file and put in my appropriate path to P3D.  It still doesn't change the file type.  I have restated P3D and same thing no change to that file

Thank You for your help,

William Coade

Hey William.    When you Create a New Tex Document.  You first have to Delete the  NewTexDocument.txt  bit,   you have to delete all of it including the .txt bit,  Then Type in exe.xml file.  

(2) Creating\Modifying your exe.xml file. 

Go to  ► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3

1  Right Click anywhere on a white bit,  Click New,  Click New Document.   2  A New Tex Document will appear, Right Click and Rename it to exe.xml.   3 Perfect

25740553886_8429b58652_o.png

I'm not sure i have have mentioned this But The way to open and edit your  exe.xml file is..........

Right Click on exe.xml file,  Click Open with,  Click Notepad 

26163614696_401db41f06_o.png

After you do that,  you can Copy and Paste this into your exe.xml file.  Please Note:  You need to type in your own Path where i have left ???

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>?:\???\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

========================

Option 2

You can Grab an exe.xml file from your SDK kit.   You will have to Download your SDK Kit from the Prepar3D website,  Log in and you will see it. 

Please Note:  In the image and instructions you see below is for both files,  In this case you only need the exe.xml file

After you Download and Install the SDK Kit,  you can find a spare exe.xml file located here Program (Default Location) Program Files (x86)  ► Lockheed Martin► Prepar3D ► Utilities ► Simconnect SDK  ►config 

1 Highlight the exe.xml,  Right Click and Click Copy.   2  Paste directly into your Prepar3D folder.   AppData ► Roaming  ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D

26097105322_7b70223d53_o.png

When you open up your New empty exe.xml it will look like this, You can Remove the Generic Entry at the Bottom,  You need the first 6 lines, This is the "Header Code"  

You Need to change <Launch.ManualLoad>True</Launch.ManualLoad>    To   <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Launch.ManualLoad>True</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Addon Application</Name>
<Path>C:\MyPath\Addon.exe</Path>
<CommandLine></CommandLine>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

The reason you changed True to False is because the Add On\Program will Not launch until you give it Permission to,  See below.  If you are happy enough to see this message every time you start Prepar3D you can leave it at True,  If Not change to False

26097104592_f0efe94e1e_o.png

Ok,  so now you can Copy and Paste this Entry in,  You need to change your path,  I have left ??? for your Path

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>?:\????\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

So after all that,  your exe.xml file will look like this 

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>?:\????\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Let me know how you get on 

Some users of Ultimate Traffic 2 are reporting the following Error\Message below   "Please register this product before you try and use it"  

This is due to to your Anti virus Software seeing the utii.dll file as a False Positive so it quarantines it (removes it to a safe and secure place within in your Anti virus set up) 

You need to navigate to your Quarantine area of your Anti virus Software and Restore it,   Then you should be back in business  

I was able to recreate this message by moving this file out of the folder,  I moved it back into the folder and the message went away  

27311354865_889f2465e8_o.png

The file in question is located here  Your Prepar3D location ► Prepar3D V3 ► Flight One Software ► Ultimate Traffic 2

After you restore it,  Confirm the file has been returned 

26705396453_dd85ac7c6e_o.png

========================================

After Installing Ultimate Traffic 2 and before you start the UT2 Control Panel Or Prepar3D,  You need to add these folders to your Exclusions Zone of your Anti virus Software. 

Your Prepar3D location ► Prepar3D V3 ► Flight One Software Ultimate Traffic 2.     Please Note:  You should add your Entire Prepar3D folder to your Exclusions Zone 

Local Disk (C:)   Flight One Software.  This is so, if you ever want to Reinstall Ultimate Traffic 2,  you can just run the Installer from this location 

Local Disk (C:)  ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ►Flight One Software Ultimate Traffic 2

• Upvote 1

Hi Elaine, I have tried this but when I try to run UT2 I get this box.  I have not seen it in your list of error boxes.

Just to let you know I also have FSX installed on the PC on drive X but P3D v 3.2 on drive G.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/PaulVette/Capture_1.jpg~original

Did you use migration tool to install it ?

Is it enabled must be for it to work also do a properties on the UT2 exe and changed compatibility mode to run as admin as well as all of the entry's under the security tab 

Rich Sennett

I'm having an issue where some aircraft appear as something from Terminator....big chrome objects.  Is there any way to convert these textures to something that is DX10 friendly?

Thanks

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I am doing it Elaine's way.

I found my mistake.

I'm still not getting any traffic.

Jack Sawyer

Well, I followed along perfectly, found one error where I didn't save the simobject.cfg, I installed UT2 perfectly and I have all the files installed as shown in the screenshots.

But I still have no traffic or the drop down menu where it shows UT2 like in FSX.

When UT2 is running and I click on "Do not play sounds at startup" I did get an error box.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will quit immediately.

Could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path C:\Users\Jetline\App Data\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Startup.bak.

Jack Sawyer

I don't understand why I have no UT2. Nothing at all.

I also saw in another file a reference to the migration tool I did not use it and for the heck of it I even ran it to see if I'd get UT2 but I didn't.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path 'C:\Users\Jetline\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Startup.bak'.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.EnsurePathNotExist(String Path)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.RenameFile(String file, String newName)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.RenameFile(String file, String newName)
   at (Object , String , String )
   at ..?(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
UltimateTraffic2
    Assembly Version: 2.9.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/P3D/Flight%20One%20Software/Ultimate%20Traffic%202/UltimateTraffic2.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.65.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.65.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/P3D/Flight%20One%20Software/Ultimate%20Traffic%202/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
{92b4f56c-8992-46b6-9774-f0799fa6ca8c}
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/P3D/Flight%20One%20Software/Ultimate%20Traffic%202/UltimateTraffic2.exe
System.ServiceModel
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.4506.5463 (Win7SP1GDR.030729-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[MAIN]
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideMenuNormal=0
LabelsSupported=Airplane, Helicopter
Location=0,0,1920,1040,\\.\DISPLAY1
LocationFullScreen=0,0,1920,1080,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=1
ShowInfoText=1
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Avatars
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Submersible
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Countermeasures
SimObjectPathsRemarks=These entries were automatically added from SimObjects.cfg by Migration Tool. Set RepairConfig=0 in MigrationTool.cfg to disable.
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim, Avatar
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Jack Sawyer

Please Note:  This Guide is to Install Ultimate Traffic 2 without the Migration Tool.  The Migration Tool complicates things that are Not complicated.  You Do Not need it :smile:  

===============================

Hello Jack 

Can you just confirm a few things for me.

(1) When you open the UT2 control panel, do you see any errors?

(2) When you open the UT2 control panel and go to Traffic Options\Aircraft Repaints do you see any errors ?

(3) Can you Copy and Paste your Complete exe.xml,  located here  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► YOU ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3

(4) Can you copy and paste your Complete simobjects.cfg,  located here  Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Prepar3D V3 

Please Note:  This Guide is to Install Ultimate Traffic 2 without the Migration Tool.  The Migration Tool complicates things that are Not complicated.  You Do Not need it :smile:  

===============================

Hello Jack 

Can you just confirm a few things for me.

(1) When you open the UT2 control panel, do you see any errors?

(2) When you open the UT2 control panel and go to Traffic Options\Aircraft Repaints do you see any errors ?

(3) Can you Copy and Paste your Complete exe.xml,  located here  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► YOU ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3

(4) Can you copy and paste your Complete simobjects.cfg,  located here  Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Prepar3D V3 

Thank you Poppet!

I was just about to restore my system to a point before the install.

I'd be delighted to send you the info.

To answer your questions.

(1) When I open the control panel I see no errors

(2) When I go to repaints I see no errors.

I am in the process of pasting those files here in a minutes.

A question, I no longer have UT2 in FSX now.

Remember I had UT2 already installed in FSX and it was working fine, now it's not.

Also, and I hope this was okay.

You know where you say to rename your Prepar3D.cfg to fsx.cfg?

Well I did that but because I didn't want to lose all my settings to Couatl and other things I made a copy of the P3D cfg file to my desktop, renamed it to fax.cfg then copied in the P3D.cfg file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>G:\P3D\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic
2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

[Entry.0]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Title=Default Airplanes

[Entry.1]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Avatars
Required=True
Title=Default Avatars

[Entry.10]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Required=True

[Entry.2]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
Required=True
Title=Default Rotorcraft

[Entry.3]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
Required=True
Title=Default Ground Vehicles

[Entry.4]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Boats
Required=True
Title=Default Boats

[Entry.5]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Animals
Required=True
Title=Default Animals

[Entry.6]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Misc
Required=True
Title=Default Misc

[Entry.7]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
Required=True
Title=Default Submersible

[Entry.8]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
Required=True
Title=Default Weapons

[Entry.9]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Title=Default Countermeasures

I did get this box once, but I think it was when I started FSX 

Capture.jpg

Jack Sawyer

Ok,  just to confirm some other stuff. 

(1) Do you still have the Migration Tool Install?  If you do you need to Uninstall it,  When you have Prepar3D and FSX and the Migration Tool all Installed together it can mess up things

Uninstall the Migration Tool Through your Control Panel,  Restart your Computer.    Make sure the Fake "copy" FSX folders have been removed from ProgramData and  AppData Roaming and Documents.

Make Sure,  the Migration Tool files have also been removed from your Main Prepar3D folder,  you will know these from Date and Name,  Remove them,  these can cause a big headache.

(2) Is EZdok working Ok ? 

(3) Do you hear the UT2 music when you start Prepar3D?  

(4) Your Simobjects.cfg is all messed up looking,   Are you sure you Copied and Pasted the Simobjects.cfg from the Real Prepar3D Simobjects.cfg and not the Fake Simobjects.cfg from the Migration Tool

The Numbers should read, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 

Delete your Simobjects.cfg,  Start Prepar3D and let it build a new one and then add this to the Bottom of it 

[Entry.10]
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True