Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

UTX v2 Europe together with FTX Global

Title. Is this possible? I'm on a new fresh install with P3D v3.2 and was considering purchasing UTX v2 Europe. Already have FTX Global.

Is it possible to combine these two scenery packages? Will UTX appear in scenery library for instance?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Of course. FTX Global is just texture replacement and UTX is everything else.

FTX Vector, on the other hand, is not compatible with UTX.

• Upvote 1

Of course. FTX Global is just texture replacement and UTX is everything else.

FTX Vector, on the other hand, is not compatible with UTX.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean "UTX is everything else". Doesn't UTX also replace textures? Or can you switch this package on/off in the scenery library? 

UTX is basically vector data (Roads, Rivers, Streams, Bridges, Landclass, Waterclass). There are some special textures in UTX but these are specialized textures and not general texture replacements like FTX Global or GEX.

UTX is basically vector data (Roads, Rivers, Streams, Bridges, Landclass, Waterclass). There are some special textures in UTX but these are specialized textures and not general texture replacements like FTX Global or GEX.

I see, thanks. I'll give it a go then. I head the night lightning in UTX is pretty good.

That is the way I use it ..

FTX Global + UTX 2 EU

I have all residential and minor roads disabled to make the FTX roads match the best way possible with the FTX roads...

On my system I use photoscenery for Western and Southern Europe and FTX Global for the rest..

That is the way I use it ..

FTX Global + UTX 2 EU

I have all residential and minor roads disabled to make the FTX roads match the best way possible with the FTX roads...

On my system I use photoscenery for Western and Southern Europe and FTX Global for the rest..

How is the performance Gerard thinking of going back to UTX and leave Vector for what it is... How is the night lightning with UTX ? liked always UT.

Hi Andre,

Nightlighting i very nice and looks better than the Orbx version.

However , not as nice as Nightenvironment nightlighting.

Performance from FTX Global without nightlighting enabled is a little better than photoscenery +'custom AG on top of it.

Also a little better than photoscenery plus Nightenvironment when using with UTX nightlighting enabled...

As I have read UTX v2 has better performance + less VAS usage than FTX Global Vector.

Hi Andre,

Nightlighting i very nice and looks better than the Orbx version.

However , not as nice as Nightenvironment nightlighting.

Performance from FTX Global without nightlighting enabled is a little better than photoscenery +'custom AG on top of it.

Also a little better than photoscenery plus Nightenvironment when using with UTX nightlighting enabled...

As I have read UTX v2 has better performance + less VAS usage than FTX Global Vector.

Thanks for sharing how is the LC notation with FTX textures, do you also use openlc or the UTX stuff?

FTX Global has 3 LC folders....

I have places them below all UTX folders except for the UTX excl folder which is placed the lowest.

FTX Global has 3 LC folders....

I have places them below all UTX folders except for the UTX excl folder which is placed the lowest.

Thanks Gerard but how is the use of FTX textures (same looks as with FTX only?) with different landclass and ORBX custom autogen files?

Andre, I have not made tests with LC on/off as I fly over photoscenery only and FTX is for the rest of the world.

Andre, I have not made tests with LC on/off as I fly over photoscenery only and FTX is for the rest of the world.

Ok thanks appreciated Gerard.

I have tried with OpenLC on/off with UTX installed and I can see no difference.

To be fair, I am not looking at everything with a magnifying glass for every subtle difference. I just fly with it for a week and if nothing jumps out at me, there really is no appreciable difference. After all, unless you're benchmarking or doing  a comparison review, it's the overall immersion experience that's important. For me, I neither see nor "feel" any difference.

Vic

The OpenLC will only appear at little places, where UTX has no lc .

Vegetation and urban LC is included with UTX v2 covers most of the area.

One thing : I might be wrong but I recall something like Orbx has some additional textures which only appear when using their LC, as they have texture numbers not used in the default LC table.

I don't know if that is only with their region packs or also with the Global series...

The OpenLC will only appear at little places, where UTX has no lc .

Vegetation and urban LC is included with UTX v2 covers most of the area.

One thing : I might be wrong but I recall something like Orbx has some additional textures which only appear when using their LC, as they have texture numbers not used in the default LC table.

I don't know if that is only with their region packs or also with the Global series...

That's my point with both there is custom stuff...

I have tried with OpenLC on/off with UTX installed and I can see no difference.

To be fair, I am not looking at everything with a magnifying glass for every subtle difference. I just fly with it for a week and if nothing jumps out at me, there really is no appreciable difference. After all, unless you're benchmarking or doing  a comparison review, it's the overall immersion experience that's important. For me, I neither see nor "feel" any difference.

Vic

Thanks for sharing Vic appreciated.

Are we able to use GEX and UTX with P3D? I thought I read that it violated the EULA. I have both for FSX, but wasn't sure if they could be used with P3D

Flight One has GEP3D specifically developed for P3D and it works great.  I also use it with UTX.  GEX will not work in P3D and installation would be in violation of their EULA as it would not be possible to install GEX in P3D using the GEX installer. 

This ends discussions of the GEX/UTX EULA's.  Any additional posts about it will be removed.

Best regards,

Just tried OpenLC with UTX2 . I am still trying to find the the right way on how putting all layers of UTX2 and OpenLC together. 

UTX2 with FTX Global : Athens

Athene%20FTX%20+%20UTX2.jpg

After adding all OpenLC layers between UTX vegatation and UTX Urban ( = City )

Athene%20FTX%20+%20UTX2%20+%20OLC.jpg

The lightblue textures are not correct...

Edit : I had the sept 2015 OLC1.20 installed ( before the blue white snow corrections were made )  Redownloaded yje oct 2015 version it and now it looks better..

After having made some comparisons : OLC is more accurate than UTX2 LC. However the UTX2 city textures are looking more real.

Using it as a combo is a winner for me.

Unfortunately I was wrong.

I reinstalled OpenLC 1.20 but did not add it correctly to the scenery.cfg file and the entries were all set to Off.

After reanabling the snow parts returned.

At the Orbx site v1.20 was to an update which also should have fixed this...

Finally solved the issue by putting all OpenLC entries below the UTX entries.