Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

REX 4 Water

anyone else find the water textures and wave animations not very good in rex  4 there are not many choices for water textures only lbright medium and dark i much prefered essential plus overdrive so many more options plus i think the water looked better with those programmes anyone using any settings on rex 4 that are any good thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The water is truly awful looks like a sheet of ice at low altitude high up it doesnt look to bad anyone else have the same problem in p3d v3.2

What I'm noticing is repeating patterns with the water (set to ultra in P3D) - don't think I had that in 3.1.

I use REX Essentials water animations, and colour the water also.  Like the OP stated REX4, in my eyes is not as good as REX Essentials, when it comes to water textures and animations

How do you use rex essentials water for p3d v3.2

Use it in P3D  V 2.5

but i want to use it in 3.2 can it not be done as i hate the water from rex 4 why didn't they just leave it alone it was so good before.

but i want to use it in 3.2 can it not be done as i hate the water from rex 4 why didn't they just leave it alone it was so good before.

I'm sure you can get P3D License for REX Essentials. I have a licence for P3D 2.5 for REX Essentials.

I wished they would do something with that blue water. It was being talked about over a year ago, I guess that idea fell by the wayside. That blue water is horrible looking.

Right so i downloaded rex essentials plus overdrive bought the p3d license then installed only the wave animations water and cloud textures into p3d v3.2 now it takes ages to load to the start screen then when i load a flight it goes to 6% and stays there do i have to install all the textures to make it work i have rex 4 texture direct with soft clouds installed aswell can you not mix the 2 as i want the soft clouds i tried reinstalling the rex 4 textures and restored the textures on rex 3 but its still the same any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I got it stared but i don't think the water animations and texture install for some reason.

This is what my water looks like you can see why im not happy i have the water at ultra and the mesh resolution set to 1 what is going on looks like fs9 water.Crappy%20water.jpg

I don`t think you are applying the REX water in the P3D. Mine doesn`t look like that all, and I even use Medium or High resolution.

Check again your Rex settings.

Thiago

I don't know about you, but my water seems quite OK to me, just tried it. Have REX4TD with SC and P3Dv3.2, all up to date and installed clean recently.

Can you show me a picture of your water i tried installing the rex essentials overdrive water i installed sparkling water and changed the colour of the water textures but everything else i have is from rex4td do you think they could be clashing.

This is what the sea looks like with rex4 water set06 with large wave animation just doesn't look right to me what am i doing wrong.

rex4%20water.jpg

Your  not  by any chance  installing  rex4  after you  have installed rexe  water  by any  chance  since  the  last install will override   what  ever  you had  installed  unless  you  have  unchecked  the water boxes  on rex4   option so  it  wont  load the water  textures.   To  check if  the texture  have  loaded   just go  to  the you rexe  or  rex4  folder  and  open up  the Installog.txt  and  it  will tell you the date  and  what you have  instaaled

Can you show me a picture of your water i tried installing the rex essentials overdrive water i installed sparkling water and changed the colour of the water textures but everything else i have is from rex4td do you think they could be clashing.

This is what the sea looks like with rex4 water set06 with large wave animation just doesn't look right to me what am i doing wrong.

rex4%20water.jpg

When the camera (aircraft) reaches a certain low altitude threshold the REX wave animations partially become obsolete as the built-in Triton water system kicks in. This is more apparent as the wind speed increases near the surface of the water, as apparent in your screenshot. Unfortunately the repeating patterns are more defined as well, however this is not a REX issue.

Also it's important to note that when HDR is enabled within Prepar3D it will enhance the darker based pixels adapting the luminance if the majority of the viewpoint is within shadow. Perhaps change the HDR settings in P3D until you find a sweet spot.

Another thing, make certain you are using the correct settings in the REX applications specifically tailored for Prepar3D.

Below are some quick tests I performed in Prepar3D v.3 utilizing the same settings you used with the Sparkling wave animations in REX etc.

essodwater1.jpg

essodwater2.jpg

essodwater3.jpg

essodwater4.jpg

Also never forget to delete all the shaders before you use a new water texture set. I am not 100% sure, but as far as I remember, my REX4 water selection never worked without deleting the shader folder. Currently, I am happy with my P3D water and REX4, and it looks similar to the pictures from Tim Fuchs above on my rig.

Currently, I am happy with my P3D water and REX4, and it looks similar to the pictures from Tim Fuchs above on my rig.

AnkH that water looks pretty good. Can you post the setting you use to get water looking good? Thanks

I use the settings REX recommends for P3D, if I am not wrong (not in front of my FS computer atm), I selected all DX11 modes in REX 4 Texture Direct, selected the Prepar3d HDR textures and then I did a random texture set. Currently I use the "Glimmer" water set, if I remember correctly. But I have to check later when I am at my FS computer...

Tim any chance you could share a screenshot of your REX settings and your P3D settings? I can't get this kind of water.. in fact, my water looks quite nice in the near distance, but the far distance is like blurried.

Tim any chance you could share a screenshot of your REX settings and your P3D settings? I can't get this kind of water.. in fact, my water looks quite nice in the near distance, but the far distance is like blurried.

Exactly the same as mine, blurry from far good up close

how do i delete the shaders also what settings do i need on.

i deleted all the shaders then installed the water again with dx11 plus i turned the bloom down and brightness and it still looks the same.

Ok so i know now the water is just not installing from rex 3 as this is meant to be color me beautiful and looks nothing like it this is with hdr off.tropical.jpg

this is my rex 3 settings.rex%20settings.jpg

Yup it is definately only installing rex 4 water textures its weird as the sky textures from rex 3 install.

I think i know what the problem is i installed rex4 water first and can't seem to overwrite it.

I think i know what the problem is i installed rex4 water first and can't seem to overwrite it.

If you  installed  rexe over  rex4  than   th  the  texture  will replace  the  rex4  textures  that if  you have  got  the  textures  checked  in the option  section,  to check  if the textures  got  loaded  just  need  to  check  your  installog.txt in your  rexe  folder  and  it  will tell  you what texture  were  installed  and  at what date  and  time