Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Oops! I made a missteak!

Okay, I know I misspelled "missteak" but wanted to get your attention and apologize for something else.  I and some of the other moderators have been moderating the Ask Dovetail Games about DTG Flight School & Flight Simulator topic.  We hid the posts we thought were not asking a question and thus off-topic.  We received a lot of complaints about the topic going off-topic with rants and other observations about the new products.  So, this morning I decided to move all of those hidden posts to a new topic entitled "Some off-topic posts from the Ask DTG Topic" or something like that.  There were 291 posts.  I planned on bringing all those posts back to life once the hidden posts were moved to the new topic.  The system told me I did good and should get a gold medal for excellence (well, something like that) but, when I looked for the new topic, it was not there.  Did a refresh of the site and still not there.  Went backwards and found the page where I clicked "split the selected posts" and tried it again but still the same thing.  Nothing... I ended up doing a search (our search system works great again!) and found the topic title but no posts inside the topic.  Evidently the system ate them, all 291 posts.  So I apologize for the error.  I have learned though that you cannot move hidden posts or topics.  They go into oblivion.  In any case, the Ask DTG topic is down from 40 pages to just 20 pages now and consists of mainly questions and answers which should make going through that topic a bit easier. 

Perhaps someday I'll find those posts and bring them back to life but it does not look good as I have done some pretty extensive research already.  Still there's always that hope.  If you have observations (just observations) about the new DTG product(s), please post them in separate topics.  You can even copy the quote from DTG Martin and place it into a new topic and make your comments.  But, let's try to keep the questions and answers in just one place to make it a bit easier for our members to read the topic.

Best regards,

• Upvote 4

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There are at least 4 other threads that those posts, or something similar, can be found it, so I dont think they will be much of a loss to the community. Thanks for pointing this out though Jim. Bravo. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I wondered why that thread kept getting shorter  :Tounge:

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Jim, I'm not at all certain that this was a "missteak" (or even a mistake for that matter). I see it as serendipitous. :dance:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator