Sign in to follow this  
Guest Midnight LS1

The new PSS 777 shots...

Guest ha5mvo

>dont forget that FeelThere is hot on their tail with their>777 product. They arent as far as pss with the product, but>they are getting there. Thats going to be the one to get. :)As far as I understand, the feelthere model is going to be focused on the EXTERNAL model, rather than the cockpit and systems.Personaly I wouldn't pay for an addon that is just the external model, unless the FDE promises something that is groundbreaking.Furthermore - with some very good renditions of the 37NG, 767 and 744, I feel the triple 7 is just more of the same and TO ME its aditive value will be minimal.A new bus or some other modern airliner on the other hand (say, the 734), will be a most welcomed addition.//Michael

with FT's ERJ, the external model was amazing. But the VC lacked in impression to me, as did their caravan. I think their main focus is the model, then 2d, then vc.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Maybe not (well, if you look out, as they said... :-lol), but that doesn't change the fact that it's an area that needs attention. And from these shots, I don't believe it's gotten much of it, if any at all.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

I agree. Not much to get excited about if those screenshots are representative of the finished product.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

The systems are going to be fully modeled. The VC shot looks just like a real T7, bland. Boeing cut out a lot of stuff over the years and made many stuff automatic. The result is a clean looking cockpit dominated by the LCD's. The green lighting someone mentioned above is how the real plane is, for crying out loud I am looking at a huge posterboard of a real world shot that I have mounted on my wall in my office and it has the same lighting! I have high faith that the internal systems will be correctly modeled including the electronic checklist that the T7 has. I am sure the FDE will be spot on as well. As far as the external model goes, you all are making striking judgments from just a few screenies. I for one will be pre-ordering the whole package when able.

Eric 

Has anybody seen if you have to buy different liveries. If that is the case I am out. Most if not all releases now have free liveries. The day of buying a model then paying for liveries IMO is over. It would be a shame to spend $40-$50 and then have to shell out more money.

Guest FattyBear

The external model looks bad, end of story. I'm a huge systems guy and it's the most important thing to me, but I really enjoy looking at Triple 7s and when I look at PSS's it just doesn't get me excited. That said, the 2d panel looks real good as PSS does good with 2d. It looks like the LCDs don't use vector graphics, so that's very dissapointing considering how far technology has come along since FS2k and their last triple 7.

Guest Boone

External model appears totally inaccurate in those shotsBest RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

I wouldn't write it off just yet. Those are some of the lowest quality screenshots I've ever seen, could've fooled me into thinking those shots were FS2000. At this point, I'd have to see a higher quality shot before I could judge the exterior model.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

It's a tube with wings on it and more tubes under those wings.The tubes are in roughly the right size and place.What are you complaining about? The model is just a placeholder for the flight surfaces and panel. If those work as advertised that's all you need. It's NOT a "look at my aeroplane" sim, it's an aircraft systems simulator.I've never understood this fetish many here seem to have with wanting every rivet and whip antenna to be correct to within a fraction of a millimeter. It's completely useless to the functionality of the product.Myself, I'd be happy if there were no visual model at all, only a flightdeck. But then I grew up with sims that were like that, unlike a lot of you youngsters.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all, Well, I'll have to say the screenies were a bit too small for me to really tell if I liked the outside models or not. However, Daniel P does some of the greatest repaints I've seen in a long time -- he's a detail '######' and I've seen him throw away some really great stuff because it just didn't suit him. On that note I can hear the banjo's tuneing up, (hears theme from 'Deliverence' Dualing Banjo's playing in the background), as PSS squares off with FeelThere, (always wondered about that name), and a few other gillion freeware guys. As usual, we'll probably end up with a merge of some type, unless they go the way of PMDG where you can't merge the outside with anything else . . .which by the way, If I took the trouble to build something I'd hate to see it merged too.Now that the lines have been drawn in the sand, I just can't wait for the 787 Dreamliner wars too Ahhh, at least for the time FS is still computer based PC, and not gameboy, or Xbox or PS23 Best to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest Erick_Cantu

OK...This whole 'they can do a poor model so long as it has a VC and systems I don't care' crowd is getting kind of annoying. You DO realize that you are paying for the model regardless of whether you look at it or not, don't you? The point is FS has an external view and people use it, and if you're charging money for a model jeez, at least do a good job on it.The model is NOT a placeholder for the surfaces and panel. The model is as much part of the simulation as anything else, and it's not a fetish (wow, implying some kind of sexual obsession, how nice of you) about having every rivet and detail accurate to the millimeter, it's that people like a model that looks somewhat like the real thing. I think that's a VERY resonable expectation.FS isn't an 'aircraft systems simulator' either. If that were so, you would not see panels as you do from MS out of the box. The 'systems simulation' is something that third party developers - by going around the sim's built-in limitations with clever coding I may add - achieve for what is at heart a product designed solely for the entertaiment of the average user. In short: FS is a game, classified as such, developed my Microsoft Game Studios, and not a systems simulation, nor will it ever be.Oh, bringing out the 'you youngsters' card? Silly at best, pretentious at worst. Just replying to your post insults my intelligence, but oh well...