Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

SSTSIM Concorde is released!!!

Thanks Andrew but it's still too loud. It's not so much the loudness as it is the choice of .wav file you guys are using. You need a wave file that has a rumble type sound that gives the impression that huge engines behind the cockpit have been ignited. A subtle rumble would do nicely. The current .wav your using sounds as if one is outside the aircraft all of a sudden when the afterburners are fired off.It's obvious you guys put serious work into the sound set and like I said above, it's not a real issue once the jet get's going. I'd rather see you guys fix the VC gauge refresh rate problem as that compounds the already frame intense areas of New York and London (Paris is not so much of a problem). One is really in trouble if he/she is using add-on's like Simflyer's KJFK or Heathrow Pro... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Jaguar XJ6

>Mike I still feel the afterburner sound is too loud from>within the VC. Seeing as the engines are way in the back of the plane and the cockpit is in the nose, you should hear a rumble but not a sound as if you were right on top of the engines. ... Imagine what the passengers would hear sitting in the>rear of the plane, they would need ear protection or suffer>ear damage. It was certainly a "significant life experience" for such passengers at idle, taxi, take-off and approach. And certainly more than a rumble at the front. But I don't have SSTsim, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the reproduction. Other attempts I have heard tend to be too soft and insufficiently "gutteral". Hope this helps.Michael

We have a pair of thread winners! :) Mike T. and Randy S. summed up the entire debate over the complexity/enjoyment of this addon with their posts about wine. Two friendly, enlightening posts which are near-perfect representations of how two different people can view the flight simming experience. [blockquote]Post 278521 - Mike TYou are not only paying for the "taste" of fine wine, you are paying for the "experience" of the wine....(great post about the complex possibilities of wine tasting edited out for space)...THAT, is the difference between simply paying to FLY Concorde and actually EXPERIENCING Concord.[/blockquote]Posted by someone who takes pleasure in the details, and enjoys the complex nature of a 3rd party addon! Not that the big picture is lost, but being able to drill down to the nitty gritty details is something this person enjoys.[blockquote]Post 278522 - Randy S"If wine tastes good to you then its a good wine, it doesnt matter the price, the package or the age."[/blockquote]Posted by someone who may take pleasure in the details, but perhaps enjoys things on a wider scale, where the complex details merge together into one cohesive package. This person may take more enjoyment from a broad overview of the product, and being able to fly a faithfully reproduced aircraft is satisfying. Wines, like third party aircraft, can be enjoyed in many different ways. Certain simulator enthusiasts may desire more robust system simulations, certain others may desire a more wide-angle simulation. As many have posted above, different strokes for different folks. And THAT is one of the beauties of the hobby. Even if you had a stable full of highly complex addons, your enjoyment of them is only dictated by you! Preaching to the choir, but still - I really enjoyed those two wine posts. :)-Greg

Guest JIMJAM

I really enjoy changing sound files to suit my personal taste. I bought Fs sound studio from Flight 1 and after learning the ropes have made changes to most all my planes.For example, I had a f-18 that had the burners kick in and they were not loud enough. With studio, you can see the engine sounds plotted on a graph and manually slide them so you can adjust the volumn where you want it as you move the throttle.The program takes a little practice and understanding of sound configs but you end up with a custom soundset for your aircraft.

After a comment like that I have nothing further to say to you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi JIMJAM,The general sounds are controlled via the soung.cfg but the reheat sound is controlled throught a gauge so FS Sound Studio will have no effect on the reheat. This is why Andrew posted the gauge variable to change the volume of the reheat sounds. As far as the reheat sound is concerned, the DVD from ITVV was a major source of finding the proper interior sound levels. Personally I find the reheat sounds to be close to real as far as this DVD is concerned. If enough people have concern over the reheat sounds, then we will have a look at it to see what we can do.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.sstsim.com

Guest JIMJAM

Learn something new every day. I am very happy with the Concorde sounds and there is no such thing as a burner thats too loud!!My sound setup also consist of a Thunderseat. It was sold years ago and is basically a high quality hard plastic hollow seat with a sub woofer in the bottom. Put it this way, if I crank it up I cannot read the gauges or even focus on the runway centerline when the burners kick in.

John you guys did a wonderful job. Since the real bird is no longer flying we'll never know what the real cockpit sounded like. A video sometimes is not a good judge to go by as really being there is a whole different story. That's why I'm glad the B744 is still flying (PMDG). Judging by the video above I can live with what you guys have done. From what I see you guys did the best with what you had to work with... :-beerchug I sure wish the camera would have panned around the cabin a bit because that could have been another jet type for all we know...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Jaguar XJ6

>... Since the real bird is no>longer flying we'll never know what the real cockpit sounded>like. Perhaps you intended a little less of the "we" than comes across? Concorde's only been retired 2 years. :-) Best wishes.Michael

Guest JIMJAM

Speaking of sounds, I lost my copilot call outs all of a sudden.

Guest Fortress

>On the subject of reality, BA Virtual shows Concorde in its>current Long Haul fleet rather than its Classic fleet. Plus I>recall that, when last active, Concorde was in the real BA>Short Haul fleet.Concorde was long haul, albeit with short haul times. The decision not to move it to the classic fleet on BAV is for the same reason BAV retains a Training Captain. ...Because BA (and BAV) are proud of Concorde.Don't forget, in reality Concorde is still BAs flagship.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.bavirtual.org/images/sigs/paul_sst.jpg

>Bob:>>You are not only paying for the "taste" of fine wine, you are>paying for the "experience" of the wine. No, actually I really am paying to taste the wine, and maybe to catch a good buzz if I quaff enough of it.Q: How many New Yorkers does it take to change a light bulb?A: 11. One to change the bulb, and ten to "share the experience">The difference is>that experience will differ greatly if you are sipping a>bottle of 1976 Jordan Cabernet out of Riedel Sommeliers>Bordeaux Grand wine glasses. The Ridel Sommelier glasses>enhance and amplify the spectacular color of the wine, the>glass is shaped just right to allow the complete and unimpeded>enjoyment the bouquet, and contains no additives that could>even minutely spoil the anticipated moment of transfer from>glass to tastebud.$1000 would buy me a whole palette of Chimay blue-label beer straight from the monastery in Belgium. I'd rather be drinking that out back by the pool and sampling the spectacular color of the sunset or the neighbor's bikini...>Put it in a mug and you mask the color, you mix taste of>plastic with the taste of wine, and the bouquet is effectively>transformed from that of the vinyards of Healdsburg,>California to that of the streets of Brooklyn, NY. You have>effectively transferred a $1,000 bottle of Jordan into a flask>of Manishewitz which you could have picked up at the liquor>store for $5.50 in the first place.My point exactly. I can spend $5.50 and get the same amount of enjoyment as I would from the $1000 option. Of course, I couldn't look in the mirror and bask in the afterglow of self-actualized sophistication afterwards. Nothing that another $5.50 can't fix...>THAT, is the difference between simply paying to FLY Concorde>and actually EXPERIENCING Concord. Much in the same token>that you could have paid $10,000 for a ticket on Concorde and>slept the whole way while the person next to you paid the same>amout of money and took in every sight and sound, every creak>and groan and every ounce of scenery presented out of the>windows. SURE, you both flew on Concorde, but only ONE of you>have actually experienced Concorde.Yeah, but the guy on his 25th Concorde flight is the one sleeping. He wants to be awake when he gets to the other side. He probably spent that $10,000 because he didn't WANT to be "experiencing" the "thrill" of transoceanic flight all freakin' night long.>I invite everyone who've paid their money to experience>Concorde as well as other complex aircraft they own...AND a>bottle of Jordan, properly enjoyed in a crystal glass.Or you can fly it to cruise, leave it on autopilot, go have a couple martinis and a nice steak, watch a movie and then come back and fly the descent and landing. And be $925 ahead.P.S. Don't forget the vacuum cleaner...CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case