Sign in to follow this  
downscc

P3Dv3.2 Aircraft Sunk Into Surface

I've been using P3D awhile and love it, I've been using FSDT scenery even longer and KLAX/KDFW are two of my favorite from them.  Problem is my aircraft and all ramp vehicles sink into the ground at these and only these two locations (that I have found so far).

KDFWSunk_zpscfy6bcbt.jpg

I have posted this in both Orbx FTX and FSDT forums.  Orbx provided a little help in that they offered the obvious:  Make sure Vector AEC is working and rule out other scenerys, which I had done before posting.  FSDT said this:  "Right now, there simply nothing you can do, it's just a combination of how the scenery is made, how P3D make it a bit more visible, and fact you are using a very small plane, so it's more noticeable," which really surprises me coming from Umbreto.  I am using mesh from Pilot's and FTX Global and Vector, both of which I believe I've eliminated as best I can without uninstalling either.  I have 50+ other scenerys installed which I have also eliminated by turning off in the scenery.cfg.  The default airports all fine (except for one tire shading problem that went away when I rolled back 364 to 361.43). Scenery settings do not have an effect.

This P3Dv3.2 installation is freshly new. New downloaded installers from LM, new computer build (i7-6700K), new Intel Series 750 NVMe SSD, using a few-month old GTX980Ti.  Also, new installers from FSDT.

I'd be grateful for some ideas, assume I'm not a newbie please. I've pretty much run out of ideas short of just not using those FSDT locations.

Dan Downs KCRP

I remember having that kind of problem on my previous PC. I was running french version of Windows with an English version of FSX. A problem I also had was corrupted flight plans.  In global setting, "." (dot) was replaced by "," (coma) and that caused all kind of problems.  My new PC is now running an English version of Windows with English version of the sim, and since no more problems.  I don't tell your problem is related to that but perhaps a clue.

Good luck !

If you have vector, run the aiport elevation correction tool for the airports concerned. Hope that this helps.

If you have vector, run the aiport elevation correction tool for the airports concerned. Hope that this helps.

Yup, as stated in my OP that was done before contacting Orbx.

I don't tell your problem is related to that but perhaps a clue.

Yeah, mixed languages cause problems with redistribution modules too. However, my Win10 is English (American) but I appreciate the tip.

Looking for any out of the box ideas like this one. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Looking for any out of the box ideas like this one. Thanks.

Dan, there is no other explanation other than the one Umberto have you and no way to change it due to the way the scenery is constructed using the shaders to render the ground polys for performance reasons.

It happenes a little in the FSX version as well but as Umberto said its more noticible in your shot since you're using a small plane. Use a large plane typical to what flys there and zoom out a bit and it won't be so noticible.

No amount of asking, tweaking or wishing will change it, that's just the way it is.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No amount of asking, tweaking or wishing will change it, that's just the way it is.

Thanks Jim. That implies that you see the same effect I do.  I have been reluctant to accept it because I did not see this in the same degree (tires were not buried to the rim) with P3Dv3.2 in my old box, which was using the same 32-in 2K monitor and GTX980Ti video card and driver version. The one difference was it was a update from 3.1 running only the Client and Content updates, whereas the new installation is from scratch using latest v3.2 installers.  The old box is a Win7 OS and new is Win10, so I guess that does create a difference in the video driver that I had not considered.

Thanks again, time to put this aside and move on to other puzzles.

Dan Downs KCRP