Sign in to follow this  
Jimm

No Clouds

Hi Folks,

I had the problem - and it was resolved when I reset the new REX Cloud Sizing feature back to default (via the REX Interface) - then changed it to another value (I think I'm using .65 now)... The problem has not reoccurred...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thats what I did also. It took care of the no clouds or weather problem,weather & clouds have  been excellent since, rec'd a lot of help from others in this forum :smile:

Ron

Rex have released a hot fix for this issue

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well I reinstalled REX TD, made the changes that everyone suggested.  First flight was a bust but then I got out and back in, making sure everythign was still set correctly and then BOOM....beautiful puffy white clouds.  EKCH never looked more beautiful.

Thanks for the help everyone.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Well I reinstalled REX TD, made the changes that everyone suggested.  First flight was a bust but then I got out and back in, making sure everythign was still set correctly and then BOOM....beautiful puffy white clouds.  EKCH never looked more beautiful.

Thanks for the help everyone.

-Jim

Well thats good news - well done  :wink:

Rich Sennett

A great way to determine what type of problem you might be having is to enable Content Error Logging and Scenery Error Logging.  It can save time trying to identify a root cause and get you pointed in a direction quickly.

This is why I always, without exception, make sure I have both Content Error logging and Scenery Error Logging enabled ... I have solved many issues because of this feature ... and yes I'm well aware many 3rd party content providers tell user to turn it OFF ... just say NO ;)  Not all the problems being reported in this file are "irrelevant", some are VERY relevant.

Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers, Rob.

A great way to determine what type of problem you might be having is to enable Content Error Logging and Scenery Error Logging.  It can save time trying to identify a root cause and get you pointed in a direction quickly.

This is why I always, without exception, make sure I have both Content Error logging and Scenery Error Logging enabled ... I have solved many issues because of this feature ... and yes I'm well aware many 3rd party content providers tell user to turn it OFF ... just say NO ;)  Not all the problems being reported in this file are "irrelevant", some are VERY relevant.

Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers, Rob.

I had both Content Error Logging and Scenery Error Logging checked...I never touched them from default.  I never thought to check those to see if they were going to tell me it was a REX issue.  As I said before, I used to be able to fly with just Soft Clouds and ASN, but with recent changes through REX, I needed Texture Direct installed.  After i reinstalled it, I HOPED it would fix the cloud issue.  I sure hated like hell to have to reinstall everything.

Now that the issue is resolved, I gotta say I have never had such a beautiful and successful flight before, at least with a tubeliner.  I will try to post screenshots in the screenshot forum to show off what I saw, even though it's probably been seen a hundred times by others.  Don't mind me, I'm just extremely pleased with performance. :)

Thanks again.

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I think I have mine working correctly it looks amazing with low level clouds and high stratus

But have done many flights in some severe weather thou have not come across any thick white fluffy clouds at 35000ft like you do in real life

Anyone have input on this?

Cheers

Mike

On sunday i made egll epwa flight crusing at 33000. Somewhere over Germany around noon (GTC) i climbed to 35000 to omit a building cumulonimbus that definitelly reached 34000.

On sunday i made egll epwa flight crusing at 33000. Somewhere over Germany around noon (GTC) i climbed to 35000 to omit a building cumulonimbus that definitelly reached 34000.

Hmm interesting

Are you using ASN ?

What are your settings your settings?

At the moment I am using rob ainscouphs settings.

Cheers

Mike

ASN with latest beta.

Default settings except maximum upper visibility (115), max cloud draw (120) and enhanced overcast coverage (on).

Rgdrs,

Kris

ASN with latest beta.

Default settings except maximum upper visibility (115), max cloud draw (120) and enhanced overcast coverage (on).

Rgdrs,

Kris

Good to know - thanks 

Rich Sennett

I was going to ask how you get higher levels of clouds, but maybe the answer is above.  My question now is where are all of the settings quoted above.  I flew last night, saw a lot of cloud cover but low level.  In REX, I have upper level clouds selected (low level deselected), in ASN, my visibility range is set high (both vertical and horizontal), which is 115 and 90 respectively, and my visibility in P3D is set to around 90.

-Jim

Sorry his while we are talking about ASN

I've noticed when I click on initial start up

It's not loading as fast as before about 10 seconds now

As before it was instant

anyone else have this happen?

Cheers

Mike