Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Thinking about buying

I have read many posts but I need opinions.  I have FSX Gold.

Most of my planes are A2A, PMDG, the Q400, and RealAir.

I do have some Carenados though like the Titan 404, Skymaster, Caravan HD.

I know these planes aren't "study level" but they sure are VERY high quality visually.

So I still like them.  I was wondering what ya'll's opinion on the Phenom 100 is.

I like the way it looks, I need a small biz jet so I don't want anything with an FMS in it.

Does it perform well?  I have a very high end PC.

Any gripes about it?

I'd love to buy it but I need opinions.

Thanks and best regards,

Jack

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jack - Was waiting for someone else to reply but I'll offer up that I have the Phenom 100 and I like it a lot.  But I installed a popup RXP GNS430 because the Prodigy G1000 implementation is pretty much the FSX stock G1000 and very difficult for me to input to.  So I use the GNS430 for FPL input and all SIDs/STARS etc, and it loads the G1000.  I'm not very concerned about the fidelity of the implementation.  Since I am a RW instrument pilot I want to get as much practice using the 430 as I can and I use the Phenom just for fun or when I want a faster ride than the Carenado Archer I fly most of the time.  The Phenom is great fun and great looking and others can tell you how good or bad it is in terms of systems.

For around the same price you can get a the F1 mustang with full systems depth. Nothing to lose as F1 will refund .

Actually so does Carenado so you could try both

Thanks guys.

I was planning on installing the GTN750 which was modded last year.

I have had the F1 Mustang for years, actually since it came out but it's an OOM machine. I ran a lot of other tests of VAS in all my planes using the same routes and the Mustang OOM'd every time.

I too don't like the G1000, after you use a 750 you don't want anything else.

Looks like I'll be buying either the 100 or the 300 today.

Any differences besides winglets and slightly longer?

Any bugs in the 300 compared to the 100?

I read a review where he got a constant ding sound if ALT deviated by only 30 feet in the 300.

The 300 offers the Navigraph add on but if you're going to do a GTN 750 mod then that probably doesn't matter. The Carenado G1000 is buggy so the GTN mod is probably a good option.

I'm trying to figure out how to minimize some of the memory issues with the F1 Mustang. It seems if you turn off the PFD inset map that helps, but that's just my early testing so I'm not 100% certain. Overall it's my favorite biz jet and I do like it considerably better than the Carenado Phenom when you can work around its performance quirks.

I bought the 100 today and installed the GTN750. Stunning plane. Quite happy with it. This is a flying work of art.

Hello Jack,

There have been mixed opinions on the Carenado Phenom 100, not least of which is the ongoing love/hate relationship with aircraft  made by Carenado - great graphics but realism the after thought.

I have several Carenado aircraft including the Bonanza, Baron, Phenom 100 and 300 etc plus many A2A and Realair - like them all AND I have added the GTN 750 or 650 to them all - where possible - special thanks to Bert and those VC mod creators who enabled this for the older birds. Truth is these are all simulations and as such - the operational realism is always marginal and by degrees, in the overall - perfection does not exist.

The Phenom 100 still holds a special place and I have put more flight hours on this bird than any other I have. I am still looking to get the "instrument reflections" permanently turned OFF so I can run my 750 without first having to go to the VC control panel - but I am sure someone more adept at mod creation and FSX programming, than I, will come up with a solution.

I was so impressed when I first started flying the Phenom 100 - I created a video and posted same - that was back in May of 2014.

Here's a link if interested:

Happy to hear you're happy with it - me too.

Brian