Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

Thank you for this tipps. The problem I have: I did all the backups, but only the first one I can restore. Although for all other four there is a backupdate listed, clicking on restore results in an error, telling me that the backup file is not found. Well, no time to check until Monday, pity.

Hi AnkH,

Have you backed up the Prepar3D folder or the drive on which P3D v3.2 is installed? Backup software often allows you to mount the backup image as an additional drive. If so, then this should allow you to browse the P3D installation backup image and copy and paste the ShadersHLSL folder with its full complement of v3.2 default files before you started using Pe11e's RSP tool.

Regards,

Mike

You are the man!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. This tool is so awesome!!!

Transformed the look of my Prepar3d into... oh man i am without words.

With ORBX Global in use my sim is looking very good. The colors are so real.

REX SoftClouds now looking awesome.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Cheers

What an amazing job you've done sir!

Thanks a lot for your work Pe11e

Sergio Naiberg

Hi Tim,

Now that's a revelation! Correct me if I am wrong, but could it be that Pe11e's lighting enhancements have finally brought this particular effect to the fore? It's difficult, perhaps, to see it clearly in the posted image but on screen the ground beneath the 'rays' is being illuminated most convincingly, something I had never witnessed previously in the sim.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, it most definitely made our effects more noticeable. :) 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Has anyone tried this at night with AS Night Environment?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hi, I know this is not the REX4 TD+SC support forum, but since REX guys are participating here, I just want to check with them if those who (like me) had installed the popcorn fix from the REX GUI have to uninstall it in case we use this new popcorn fix in RSPv1.1.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Best HDR settings to use for this in P3d?

Also, how do I get the HDR to adjust more rapidly? The default setting takes to long for the simulation of the eyes adjusting from bright to dark and vice versa.

Amazing work!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Best HDR settings to use for this in P3d?

Also, how do I get the HDR to adjust more rapidly? The default setting takes to long for the simulation of the eyes adjusting from bright to dark and vice versa.

Amazing work!

That's why I disabled HDR completely in P3D, and developed my own sky textures and SweetFX preset for that setup. It's looking much better since then, and no more annoying exposure adaptation effect, phew. :)

Also if you want to stick with HDR, set bloom to 0, then exposure adaptation effect will be minimal. 

cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

That's why I disabled HDR completely in P3D, and developed my own sky textures and SweetFX preset for that setup. It's looking much better since then, and no more annoying exposure adaptation effect, phew. :)

Also if you want to stick with HDR, set bloom to 0, then exposure adaptation effect will be minimal. 

cheers

Can you provide your sky textures? I can´t find any good ones :(

Can you provide your sky textures? I can´t find any good ones :sad:

Still WIP. But even when I release them, doesn't mean they will be perfect for any display/setup. Every monitor is different. But I will release bunch of previews, so you can decide and check before download. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Still WIP. But even when I release them, doesn't mean they will be perfect for any display/setup. Every monitor is different. But I will release bunch of previews, so you can decide and check before download. :)

You have done an excellent job on this tool - thank you  :wink: LM take note - seems to me like Shade on steroids and noticed REX4 looks even better now - cool stuff  :dance:

Rich Sennett

cheers

Hi Pe11e,

In fact, I find the exposure adaptation quite realistic. In the real world it takes time for your eyes to adjust unless, of course, you are wearing sunglasses in which case the environmental colouration will be different and, if simulated, probably unacceptable. Each to his own, I suppose.

As for the HDR bloom setting, again I find the over-bright, burning clipping effect while looking directly towards the sun true to reality and would be reluctant to lose that effect.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Pe11e,

In fact, I find the exposure adaptation quite realistic. In the real world it takes time for your eyes to adjust unless, of course, you are wearing sunglasses in which case the environmental colouration will be different and, if simulated, probably unacceptable. Each to his own, I suppose.

As for the HDR bloom setting, again I find the over-bright, burning clipping effect while looking directly towards the sun true to reality and would be reluctant to lose that effect.

Regards,

Mike

True to some degree. Eyes adapt of course, but not that fast, and not that strong. Also, when I look down in the cockpit, the exposure adjusts, then when I look back throuth main windows, everything, especially the clouds are far too over-exposed due to P3D's bad adaptation algorithm, and having problems to adjust the exposure to the original level when everything is perfectly exposed outside. I must look all the way through the side window to get original exposure value. And when you are repeating these steps after every look down in the cockpit, it gets pretty annoying, I'm losing certain amount of time adjusting exposure than monitoring the systems. Yeah, I can't stand over-exposed image and also well under-exposed ones. I hope it isn't that way because I'm a photographer in real life.  :Tounge:

You have done an excellent job on this tool - thank you  :wink: LM take note - seems to me like Shade on steroids and noticed REX4 looks even better now - cool stuff  :dance:

Cheers mate! That is what you get when you are a perfectionist regarding visual realism. And believe me, I think that I'm still not close enough, lol.  :fool:

• Upvote 1

Cheers mate! That is what you get when you are a perfectionist regarding visual realism. And believe me, I think that I'm still not close enough, lol.  :fool:

You have done a super job and the wait was worth it - a perfectionist is a good thing  :wink: 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Didn't Rob have some hdr tweaks to change the speed of adaptation from awhile back? I couldn't find it though...?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.