Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Quality Biplane?

Hi Dominique .... and THAT is a very impressive video!  Can I pose a 'generic' question to every member reading this post? Doesn't that video just about sum up what REAL flight simming is all about? Any fool and his cat can hit LNAV + VNAV + CMDA  at 400' and sit there for hour after hour whilst the expensive PC and multiple displays fly the route for hour .. after hour... after hour .... after ..... yawn!  zzzzzzzzzzz

Whatever happened to to the spirit and determined Pilot grit of actually getting an unfeasibly heavy lump of metal from point A to point B without killing yourself and everyone else on-board?

Anyone care to discuss?

Hi David

For me, there is no "real" simming, this is all about pretending after all and everybody is his/her own Walter Mitty :smile: . Airliner, bush, GA or warbird wannabee pilots. 

The kind of flying you speak of, is what I and many others do all the time. A2A or Sibwings aircraft and OrbX amazing sceneries, a great combo to "get an unfeasibly heavy lump of metal from point A to point B without killing yourself and everyone else on-board".    

Anyway, you want a new kick to awake you from your MCP/FMS induced torpor ? Two suggestions :

- Get yourself OrbX PNG packages (Jacksons and/or Tarpini, 16 bucks each during the sale) and fly your Skylane out of Port Moresby to/from the dirt strips, in real tropical weather. Short flights but they  can be quite intense. The Skylane is a robust and powerful aircraft, well fit for that. 

- Or get yourself a very powerful piston warbird like the A2A P-51 or P-40. Difficult to takeoff, difficult to land, a joy to fly. 

Both scenarios would keep you very much awake. Or you'll die (virtually).

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Now you can take out your Stearman out of virtual hangar again:

I recommend GAS Stearman

:smile:  cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'm late to this party, but as a real pilot with biplane time, and lots of classic GA time, I'll agree that the AN-2 Colt is the most realistic and most well done bipe available. For a little more agile action, Sibwings' Pitts is also very well done. Sibwings ranks with A2A and RealAir as top quality payware. Too bad they basically went out of business.

None of the Alabeo aircraft are good. Pretty to look at but unrealistic to fly.

For classic low and slow sightseeing, however, A2A's Accusim Cub still cannot be beat. Only one wing, but that's all you really need! :-)

• Upvote 1

I'll agree that the AN-2 Colt is the most realistic and most well done bipe available. For a little more agile action, Sibwings' Pitts is also very well done. Sibwings ranks with A2A and RealAir as top quality payware. Too bad they basically went out of business.

Wholeheartedly agree. Now if only I could get them reinstalled on my new build. SibWings ain't at home anymore for providing authentication serial numbers.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Wholeheartedly agree. Now if only I could get them reinstalled on my new build. SibWings ain't at home anymore for providing authentication serial numbers.

they don't answer anymore at support@sibwings.com ? Too bad...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 5/9/2016 at 6:12 PM, JLSeagull said:

Whatever happened to to the spirit and determined Pilot grit of actually getting an unfeasibly heavy lump of metal from point A to point B without killing yourself and everyone else on-board?

Anyone care to discuss?

Have you ever read the book "Night Flight" by Antoine De Saint-Exupery? If not you may like it!

Edited by KERNEL32