Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

NVIDIA'S GTX 1080 AND AMD'S RADEON R9 FURY X TUSSLE

Interesting if this holds up, especially given the rumors that Nvidias DX12 performance might be Sub-par. http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-gtx-1080-directx12/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Would of hoped for a bigger difference than 13%.

Still no flightsims are using DX12 yet.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Meh, it's around the same price, so I'm glad I didn't upgrade my GTX970 to a 980Ti when I built my new rig.  I'll have to see if a MSI Gaming version will be better than the Founders.

sig01.png

i have a 980ti but plan on waiting for the 1080ti before i trade up, i always change my cpu and videocard every year, it allows for better selling price for my current parts and doesn't hit the wallet like having to buy new without extra money.

I'm with Brett!

Have a 980Ti but will wait until there's a decent non-reference 1080Ti, pre overclocked and with better cooling. For example EVGA.

Not exactly "Twice as fast as a Titan X"...

However there's no point in speculating. Just wait for the NDA to be lifted.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Not exactly "Twice as fast as a Titan X"...

However there's no point in speculating. Just wait for the NDA to be lifted.

Wise words, you can never underestimate the power of advertising "hype"! We've been disappointed before!

Of course, one of the major problems is that fsx is relatively impervious to changes in GPU power.

Perhaps that changes in the age of DTG.

And of course, X-plane will love both the card and it's 8 gigs of ram.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I wouldn't say "relatively impervious". Benefits quite a bit these days, now we are all running with higher res and AA settings and with add-on's that are more GPU intensive. Still CPU biased though of course.

P3D benefits somewhat more from GPU power so I'm told. 

Founders edition?

Devons rig

nVidia seems to be foundering. They must be trying to emulate Microsoft and Intel.

This is where the rest of the world is, and is going..........

And we are ecstatic that DTG Flight School has cockpit shadows.........  :smile:

Devons rig