Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

India Mesh.

I think the trees are killing my performance, tested with my mesh, when there are a lot trees fps is like 13 and without them in mountains with my high intensity mesh it's lile 22 with HDR ON in the AS350 but no clouds as that is the worst.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Finally registered with ALOS 3d , I was not getting the email from to confirm registeration , now lets see how this mesh is. Oh no again late tonight had it tomorrow at work

Trees are also bad for flying helicopters Zulfi... Cut them all!!!! :-)  In ELITE we don't have trees !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Trees are also bad for flying helicopters Zulfi... Cut them all!!!! :-)  In ELITE we don't have trees !!!!

NO TREES NO FUN  MAKING A GOOD MESH AND NOT ABLE TO FLY ABOVE THE FORESTS :).  This is where Xplane is the best IMO.

ALOS 3d has too many holes but it has flatten VOTV and VABB areas so it's good. But the VABB area N19 E072 has a small land missing from the lake.  ALOS has Averagae and Median files , I am trying Median files.

Guess I will have to mix SRTM - ASTER - ALOS as none of them are clean.

Well making this small mesh is taking way too long, the reason is because all data sources are not without holes.

Now I am trying ALOS 3d again , going to fill the holes with ASTER and check those areas. I want to make it as close to real as much I can.

I have managed N19E073 to N17E073 of ALOS 3d but a few of them needed data filling using ASTER DEM.  I think the ALOS 3D is a higher resolution DEM don't know how to explain that, but that's my guess.

Will test when I get home.

I wish I could have the OSM forests baked with the mesh itself.

Yep there is a good difference between SRTM 1 Arc and ALOS 3D, the ALOS 3D better mountains.

Mesh is good , using AW3d with SRTM. Now this is final.

Have you had a good hunt around for forestry data in India? Often there are government sites which offer the data to download in some form or another. If you find some then let me know and I'll show you how to convert it using W2XP

Have you had a good hunt around for forestry data in India? Often there are government sites which offer the data to download in some form or another. If you find some then let me know and I'll show you how to convert it using W2XP

The only site for government data is Bhuvan GIS , they have shapefiles but I haven't checked them as yet.

I thought W2XP already makes forests ? 

It does make forests, but you need data to start with. OSM data is rubbish in India, so the results aren't very good

It does make forests, but you need data to start with. OSM data is rubbish in India, so the results aren't very good

Hmm, Ok. I will check this website and do some more searching this weekend long weekend here :).

Zulfi, another long weekend ?  Wow - and I thought we had too many holidays around here ... Not that I don't like it :-)

Keep the good work. If weather get's better modeling in XP11, and scenery becomes easily portable, maybe I can have some hopes of nice glider flights along those tiles :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Jose,

India is one country with the highest religious holidays :).

There is a thermal plugin available for XPlane, I have no idea if it works or not.

About the wind , I felt a big updraft yestery just skimming over a mountain.