Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Hello Again Yuri!

There was definitely something wrong with my shader, or with the textures from REX.

I have restored the original shaderhls folder and flushed the shader. I have also reinstalled my current REX texture set, and now the problem is gone  :smile:

I have now also reapplied my PTA preset and now everything looks ok and stunning. I have also testet navids sky textures they look very nice and realistic. The dusk and dawn textures are definitely a keeper!

Thanks for your help, or guiding me in the right way Yuri!  :smile:

Hello,

Thx fot that great programm, but i become this failure in changelog:

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl not found

thx for help

Hello,
Thx fot that great programm, but i become this failure in changelog:
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl not found

thx for help

Hello! 

If you have original shader files \PostProcess\HDR.hlsl and PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl put them into C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\ directory.

Or restore original shaders file to sim, delete all files from C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\PTA\ dir and reinstall PTA from distribution archive.

Hope it helps.

Hello! 

If you have original shader files \PostProcess\HDR.hlsl and PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl put them into C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\ directory.

Or restore original shaders file to sim, delete all files from C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\PTA\ dir and reinstall PTA from distribution archive.

Hope it helps.

Thx for your help. Its working now, without failures. Thx

Now i need a perfect realism Preset. Where can i find this?

Hi Yuri, Bro :Rose:

after release of P3D 3.4 i am testing it and it definatly feels smoother.

The only Thing... i really miss your shaders. the stock Looks so awefull. Hopefully you can give a new Version (3.4 ready) in our Hands :-)

Best wishes,

Carsten

• Upvote 1

Carsten U

Super Yuri !

Thanks

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Have the previous version and wish to manually override modified shaders with stored original.

What is the exact path to paste copied originals within P3D?

I will wait for an answer before moving forward with newer version.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Have the previous version and wish to manually override modified shaders with stored original.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

C:\P3D\ShadersHLSL

I immediately after installing a new version of P3D make a copy of this entire folder and store it for future use - do this and you will be in good shape 

If I want to restore I copy back into P3D main folder the entire saved ShadersHLSL folder - easier that way

Rich Sennett

Hey Yuri. Now that P3Dv3.4 is out (and that your awesome shader tool has been updated to support it) I think I'm forced to update from PTA v1.4 to v1.5. It took me quite a while to tune things perfectly and I've got a PTA preset that is engraved in stone, er, SSD to be exact.

Knowing that v1.5 supports v1.4 presets, I loaded my preset into the new version and ran through each tab/page just to make sure everything moved over properly. And it has, with the exception of the "Terrain & Fog" page. In v1.4, I've opted for the non-alternate version (left-most column) and like the fact that the effect adjusts depending on season. I also have the colors tuned where I like it. However, in v1.5, the "effect power depends on season" tick box is gone and has been replaced with "density depends on altitude." Also, the color tone has been changed and the effect power is off by .05. How do I reconcile these settings? Is it possible that the preset loaded incorrectly and that I should actually be using the scattering effect on the right side of v1.5?

The following screenshots are with the same preset loaded. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again for the work you've put into the tool and how great it makes the sim look. Truly incredible.

v1.4

v1_4.png

v1.5

v1_5.png

• Upvote 1

Thanks!

Kind regards,

If you want manually restore shaders from backup:

Before P3D upgrade copy shaders from [Your PTA Folder]\SHADERS_BACKUP to [PREPAR Folder]\ShadersHLSL inc. subfolders.

And as Rich wrote above, after upgrading sim, it's good idea to make copy of entire [PREPAR Folder]\ShadersHLSL directory for future. 

The following screenshots are with the same preset loaded. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again for the work you've put into the tool and how great it makes the sim look. Truly incredible.

Hi, Garrett! In PTA 1.5 old tweak (left-most column) redesigned. Try new tweak with default parameters as a start point.
Or you can switch to alternate version (right columb) which now support seasons.
Also in PTA 1.5 both (scattering and haze) tweaks can be applied simultaneously.

Ah! Very interesting. I guess as you get older (I'm not even that old), you become resistant to certain types of change. In my defense, I spent a lot of time testing that stuff!

The only thing that I noticed about the alternative haze from earlier PTA versions is that if you use the top-down or map view, it also brings in the haze and becomes unusable. I don't really use map view all that often and it was funny more than anything else.

I'll give it a try though. Thanks again Yuri!

Hi,

I updated my P3D from 3.3.5 to version 3.4. Unfortunately I forgot to backup the original ShadersHLSL files prior to applying PTA (v1.5) and just applied my old profile. Now I get these error messages:

ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

How can I solve the situation?

Do I have to restore the original files by re-installing CLIENT? If anyhow possible, I would like to avoid a re-installation of P3D.

I also use REX clouds, if this makes a difference.

Cheers,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.