Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

This tool... oh my good. It took me some time to finally test it (I never liked HDR before) and well, game changer. Thank you so much for this, my P3D never looked better. To be honest, it still takes some time for tweaking those HDR sliders, but the two presets I tested so far already looked great. As I run a custom profile on my DELL S2716DG, I can not use the HDR settings of other people, still have to play around with those sliders for a perfect setup. But I will certainly donate for this little tool!

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This tool... oh my good. It took me some time to finally test it (I never liked HDR before) and well, game changer. Thank you so much for this, my P3D never looked better. To be honest, it still takes some time for tweaking those HDR sliders, but the two presets I tested so far already looked great. As I run a custom profile on my DELL S2716DG, I can not use the HDR settings of other people, still have to play around with those sliders for a perfect setup. But I will certainly donate for this little tool!

Try my HDR preset: http://www.avsim.com/topic/490178-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta-screenshots-presets/page-8#entry3491541

I used to hate HDR with a vengeance. PTA finally converted me!!!

• Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Wonderful, I will try this. Thanks Adam.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Bugfix for Rayleigh scattering tweak (issue with sky color) released.

Donation sent Yuri - awesome work - hope more are donating as its a ton of work to keep this amazing tool up and running - thank you  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Donation sent Yuri - awesome work - hope more are donating as its a ton of work to keep this amazing tool up and running - thank you

Many thanks! Have a nice flight!  :smile:

Many thanks! Have a nice flight!  :smile:

Your welcome :wink:  

Rich Sennett

I also donated. Needs to be supported those projects, really nice work. Here some screenshots showing the beauty of this tool:

malibu10lksev.jpeg

malibu11thqdx.jpeg

malibu13u8r58.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Yuri, thank you so much for this great tool!

One feature I like very much is the aircraft brightness tuning, because many virtual cockpits are quite dark and that can be improved very much with this feature. But the downside is that the exterior of the aircraft quickly becomes over-exposed.

Could you add an option to adjust the aircraft brightness for the VC only - not for the exterior?

If this isn't possible: I remember there was an option to choose different cameras for each effect in an earlier version. Could you add the option that the aircraft brightness can be adjusted for the VC view only, not for external views?

Thank you very much.

Ralf

AnkH, beautiful.mind sharing your settings ?

+1 Agreed please share your settings looks excellent.

RE Thomason Jr.

Could you add an option to adjust the aircraft brightness for the VC only - not for the exterior?

Hi, Ralph!

Unfortunately, no separate adjustment for VC.

I'm going to add ambient lighting tweak for aircraft and autogen in next release. Not sure but maybe it helps you.

Best regards,

I also donated. Needs to be supported those projects, really nice work. Here some screenshots showing the beauty of this tool:

Thanks a lot!

Great screenshots! Is it ASCA sky textures?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words. No, it is not ASCA, it is REX4 TD together with Softclouds. My settings for PTA are those from John Venema, straight forward (you find it in the ORBX forums). Inside P3D, I have my HDR settings adjusted to my DELL S2716DG monitor, but as I am not at my computer, I can not tell you the exact values (I think it is 0.90, 0.80, 1.10).

Greetings, Chris

Hi, Ralph!Unfortunately, no separate adjustment for VC.I'm going to add ambient lighting tweak for aircraft and autogen in next release. Not sure but maybe it helps you.Best regards,Thanks a lot!Great screenshots! Is it ASCA sky textures?

Great news Yuri, is the same ambient lighting effect present in Reshade??

AnkH, John Venema"s P.T.A settings in P3D over at the Orbx forum, can't seem to locate them, your shots look excellent but I can't seem to find them, could give me an extra hint?

Rod.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.