Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Hi guys,

Just installed v2 next to v1.

To get the same image as starting point, can I use the same settings from PTA v1 in PTA v2 ?

I will have them both running and then set the same values in v2..

After that I will delete v1.

Thanks,

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

What's important is to restore the original shaders in v1 before uninstalling and then installing v2.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

That has been done.

The question remains.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just installed v2 next to v1.

To get the same image as starting point, can I use the same settings from PTA v1 in PTA v2 ?

I will have them both running and then set the same values in v2..

After that I will delete v1.

That's what I did: had them both open at the same time and manually recreated the 1.6 values in 2.0.

I understand what you mean - do the values/value ranges correspond? Yes - I'm pretty sure that they all do (as far as I can remember!).

I wouldn't delete anything just yet (!). I may be blind, but I couldn't find a way of creating the [original] backup shaders in 2.0 - so you'd really need to run 1.6 if starting totally from scratch after a P3D [re]install.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Aren't the original shaders backed up automatically upon running PTA v2?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

@adam

That's what I did: had them both open at the same time and manually recreated the 1.6 values in 2.0.

I understand what you mean - do the values/value ranges correspond? Yes - I'm pretty sure that they all do (as far as I can remember!).

I wouldn't delete anything just yet (!). I may be blind, but I couldn't find a way of creating the [original] backup shaders in 2.0 - so you'd really need to run 1.6 if starting totally from scratch after a P3D [re]install.

Adam.

Hey Adam, Thanks for the preset, I am just having one issue. All the check boxes are unchecked? Is this normal?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Adam.

Just did what you have described.

3 things :

1 V1 : Clouds --> Clouds Shade Adjsutment 

--> Could not find it in v2

2 V1 at Lighting --> Adjust autogen Ambient sunlight  

-->  in v1 it says that you need Shadows on in P3D for it.

In V2 it does at Autogen Lighting it does not say that anymore. What I want its to dim the brightness of the autogen buildings.

I do not like the "white" autogen buildings in the distance .I do not use building shadows in P3D. 

3 As I use AS16 I want that to control the haze. However I like it slightly blueish. Can I Enable Haze in v2 without disturbing the dynamic AS16 settings ?

do not want the haze to be more than AS16 makes it, only a slight bit of blue.

Thanks, 

Hi Gerard! Forgive me for butting in:

Clouds --> Clouds Shade Adjsutment --> Could not find it in v2

My bad, just forgot to put in release notes: Tweak "Clouds shade adjustment" renamed to "Clouds saturation". Fixed.

In V2 it does at Autogen Lighting it does not say that anymore. What I want its to dim the brightness of the autogen buildings.

Yes, for shadows depth adjustment, you need "shadows receive" for autogen option in sim activated. But for brightness it is not necessary - just make light a bit lower.

The descrpiption of tweak will be fixed in the next release.

Can I Enable Haze in v2 without disturbing the dynamic AS16 settings ?

Yes, the tweak algorothm remains the same.

can I use the same settings from PTA v1 in PTA v2 ?

Yes, shader modifications are the same.

Thank you for a feedback!

All the check boxes are unchecked? Is this normal?

I think no. I tested Adam's preset and it has many tweaks activated.

Are you using PTA 2.0 to open preset?

Hi,

Has anyone tried the P3Dv3 PTA shaders preset which, apparently, has been 'optimized' for the recently released ENVTEX?

I see one of the many features being offered are a plethora of new sky textures: "More than 500 natural and dynamic* sky textures grouped in seasonal, climatic and situation presets + 60 new sky presets with full and automatic integration for Hifi Active Sky Cloud Art and Active Sky 2016 (fully works with Full dynamics and Global automatic feature)".

Knowing how important the choice of Sky textures has proved to be to achieve good results with PTA I'm curious to know what to expect before deciding to take the plunge.

Mike

Hi Yuri, any idea of when the current beta will be officially released as v2.0?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Knowing how important the choice of Sky textures has proved to be to achieve good results with PTA I'm curious to know what to expect before deciding to take the plunge.

I totally agree. Choice of Sky textures (particularly *colours*) can have a massive effect on everything in the sim: sky, clouds and terrain.

For that reason - when I'm tweaking/testing my PTA presets - I use a *neutral* sky theme, ie. one that's balanced for both colour and brightness. Once that works to your satisfaction, you know any changes after that (eg. if you allow Active Sky to change your textures/colours dynamically) will work OK.

How does ENVTEX compare withREX/Texture Direct or FEX? It does look good!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hi Ed! Hotfix 2 for P3D 3.4 coming soon: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=120967&start=30#p148522

I'm going to check compatibility before PTA 2.0 stable release.

Regards,

Yuri, that's right. Seems Ok.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.