Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

New Lockheed Video

Not understanding your stutters and blurries I have none of this - you have seen my screenshots right 

I am glad you don't have this issues but in my case, I just could not get rid of them, the fact that I don't have them in XP is what's keeps me away form it, granted, from the visuals stand point, P3D is way ahead of XP, love the way P3D looks, but it just doesn't have the smoothness XP has and this is a very important factor for me anyway.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I am glad you don't have this issues but in my case, I just could not get rid of them, the fact that I don't have them in XP is what's keeps me away form it, granted, from the visuals stand point, P3D is way ahead of XP, love the way P3D looks, but it just doesn't have the smoothness XP has and this is a very important factor for me anyway.

Well what I am getting at is maybe I could help you sort it out  :wink:  I dont have my autogen all the way to the right even in screenshots always take screenshots in the current real settings not slam them to take a better screenshot but I should sometime - run autogen sliders dense 

Another thing that I noticed is running water on my cpu and gpu for cooling that helped a lot on these issues you are seeing

Rich Sennett

But 64bit is only useful if you actually need it within a given environment

Very true, my issue with P3D is not the fact that is a 32bit app, its just that it does't work for me in its current performance state, like stated before, can't stand blurries or microstutters, issues I just don't have in XP, Im a software developer been around PC's since Radio Shack's  Tandy TRS-80  in which I created my first BASIC program, so I do know a bit about pc's, how to custom build them, OC them, etc, etc, but I just could not get rid of these issues with P3D, believe me I tried everything suggested in this forum.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Not understanding your stutters and blurries I have none of this - you have seen my screenshots right 

I too don't quite understand all the threads  about blurries and stutters. I have a 3 year old middle of the road i5 desktop, with a bunch of add ons running along with my NGX, and don't have either issue, or ooms either for that matter, in fact I have never seen an OOM. For me, there would be absolutely no advantage to switching to a 64 bit sim, even if it cost nothing to do it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Very true, my issue with P3D is not the fact that is a 32bit app, its just that it does't work for me in its current performance state, like stated before, can't stand blurries or microstutters, issues I just don't have in XP, Im a software developer been around PC's since Radio Shack's  Tandy TRS-80  in which I created my first BASIC program, so I do know a bit about pc's and how to custom build them, OC them, etc, etc, but I just could not get rid of these issues with P3D, believe me I tried everything suggested in this forum.

Sorry to hear this Buddy - yup sounds like you know your stuff for sure - something is a bit off - you have tried the latest version of P3D ? as 2.5 was nothing to write home about thats for sure - 2.4 had amazing AA - then that went away - me thinks as stated many times the new folder structure in P3D messed that up and the external viewing sling shot thing came to life - not good

Rich Sennett

Recently bought and tried the New 64 bit flight simulator(won't name it).on my 4.6 -980 rig it was a blurry mess.

lasted 30 mins before it was uninstalled.so my point...

unless it coded and optimised properly in my opinion 64 bit is a waste of time and money for me.

steve

Recently bought and tried the New 64 bit flight simulator(won't name it).on my 4.6 -980 rig it was a blurry mess.

lasted 30 mins before it was uninstalled.so my point...

unless it coded and optimised properly in my opinion 64 bit is a waste of time and money for me.

steve

There you go - could take years for 64bit to mature as did 32bit - nice thread so far

Rich Sennett

Well what I am getting at is maybe I could help you sort it out    I dont have my autogen all the way to the right even in screenshots always take screenshots in the current real settings not slam them to take a better screenshot but I should sometime - run autogen sliders dense 

Well thank you Richard, very kind of you, when ever I decide to give it another shot, I will definitely seek your advice.

Thanks.

Well thank you Richard, very kind of you, when ever I decide to give it another shot, I will definitely seek your advice.

Thanks.

Anytime Carlos here to help if I can and hope others enjoy the experience I enjoy - all pcs' different we know so just have to put in the work I guess

Rich Sennett

I too don't quite understand all the threads  about blurries and stutters

Well with thousands of different models, options and configurations, some get lucky and some of us just don't.

Edit: Of course it's only with P3D, every other game and sim I have work flawlessly.

Well with thousands of different models, options and configurations, some get lucky and some of us just don't.

So true  :wink:

Rich Sennett

hope others enjoy the experience I enjoy

true and at the end that is all that matters, whether P3D or the other. 

Edit: Of course it's only with P3D, every other game and sim I have work flawlessly.

I am on two Facebook P3D groups that are very active with users, and the complaints regarding issues with P3D are pretty low. Usually it turns out to be a bug in an add on or installation issue of the add on , or hardware problem, or tweaking P3D until it breaks.  

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

the complaints regarding issues with P3D are pretty low

I guess I am the lucky one that ended up in that category.

When I tried P3D is was plain vanilla, not a single add-on, my CFG file only had the AM tweak suggested by SteveW based on the number of cores/threads on my setup, tried it with and with out, tried other tweaks too.

I guess I am the lucky one that ended up in that category.

When I tried P3D is was plain vanilla, not a single add-on, my CFG file only had the AM tweak suggested by SteveW based on the number of cores/threads on my setup, tried it with and with out, tried other tweaks too.

The only serious problem I ever had with P3D was many months ago, when AM=14 was inserted in my P3D CFG by the FSDT add on manager along with about 10 other changes. It took me about a week to figure out what was causing unbelievable blurries and stutters. When I deleted that AM entry , everything went back to normal.