Sign in to follow this  
Jetguy87

At my wit's end ... ntdll.dll and FSX-SE

I'm anxious that one of these -- or a similar type of CTD issue will pop up again... but for know, am just knocking on wood and hoping that this'll run well for a while...

You didn't mention whether your rig is over-clocked.

As Jim mentioned, ntdll.dll related errors are difficult to troubleshoot, because ANY software running on your machine, will at some point, during execution, call on specific functions in that dll that provide Windows services, like creating a file or copying memory content. Drivers and user apps all make heavy use of it in the background.

FSX-SE has a massive installation base (based on Steam sales figures).

Unless you installed Windows and FSX-SE on an over-clocked machine, you can assume they are fairly reliable.

It comes down to add-ons. One of them is almost always the root cause.

And if you don't have any add-ons for your FSX-SE install, it's either some unstable device driver (more often Graphics and audio drivers), or (and I hope not), one of your hardware devices that is crying out for help (either overheating occasionally or having one of those near death experiences).

Thanks, Gerald -- my rig is not overclocked; it seems that it is add-ons, and if these issues arise again, I'll troubleshoot accordingly and reinstall FSX-SE if need be. 

I had a succession of ntdll.dll errors related to MT6. 

It was resolved by going to the MyTraffic/Scenery folder and renaming Mytrafficmil.bgl file to Mytrafficmil.bgl.passive. 

This, of course, disables your military AI traffic. However, from what I have read elsewhere this is localised to the western United States for some reason and appears to not cause a problem elsewhere, which I can verify. Perhaps it is related to a rogue texture file on a USAF aircraft (or something weird happening at Area 51  :Tounge: )

Thank you sir! Trying to fly from PANC to KMEM I started to get CTD's - renamed this file and I'm well past the point where it used to crash.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thank you sir! Trying to fly from PANC to KMEM I started to get CTD's - renamed this file and I'm well past the point where it used to crash.

Glad it worked! I posted a thread on the MT6 to see if there was an update with this issue, but nobody has responded yet so I'll add this bit of info to see if it helps isolate what the problem is.

Ian S

38.jpg