Sign in to follow this  
simbio

What's the best blog for XP

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately, asn-xp is discontinued, so there are actually no big blogs anymore about X-Plane. I was actually thinking ofcreating one, but I would be biased because my involvement with vFlyteAir and Aerobask.

Thank's I hope someone will jump and start write info and article.

Unfortunately, asn-xp is discontinued, so there are actually no big blogs anymore about X-Plane. I was actually thinking ofcreating one, but I would be biased because my involvement with vFlyteAir and Aerobask.

Mario,

For a long time I have followed your writings, reviews and comments with great respect.

I, for one, would love to read a regular blog written by you.

If you are worried about coming across as being biased, a simple disclaimer up front is all you need.

Mario,
For a long time I have followed your writings, reviews and comments with great respect.

Ehm... sorry that I ask, but ... where? (Or do you refer to my so-many-times re-started and finally discontinued world tour blog?)

I refer particularly to:

• 5 "Plusartickel" published in German in FS Magazin between 2013 and 2015  (X-Plane-Reiseführer!) ; 
  • XP10 Travel Guide - 4821 nm across the Sea;
  • Various product reviews in PC Pilot
  • Many posts in different forums (including here at AVSIM) commenting, correcting and presenting a balanced adult view.

You have no doubt also produced other stuff which I haven't come across yet.

I don't think you need to be shy about starting a regular blog - you write well in both English and German and I am sure you have achieved quite a following - there are so many who write either nonsense, or simply re-hash press releases - IMHO you have always written worthwhile stuff. 

I repeat... I, for one, would be delighted if you started a regular "big" blog. 

One of the best blogs I used to follow was run by an Australian guy called Simon. Unfortuately they stopped about 2 years ago and the site no longer exists.

I'd love to see more people blogging about X-Plane and flight simulation in general. There are lots who do videos (e.g Wycliffe Barretts channel), but I prefer to read. 

The previous ASN-XP blog author Angelique van Campen (she stopped ASN-XP a few months ago) just informed me about her new site:

Check it out .... and maybe with some help / contributions from us, it might become a great new place.

UPDATE: ... duhh  ... sorry, just read someone else promoted it already above :smile: (nevertheless, maybe its good to repeat a few times so more people bookmark and visit it ... which is important to make the site work).

• Upvote 1

I refer particularly to:

• 5 "Plusartickel" published in German in FS Magazin between 2013 and 2015 (X-Plane-Reiseführer!) ;
  • XP10 Travel Guide - 4821 nm across the Sea;
  • Various product reviews in PC Pilot
  • Many posts in different forums (including here at AVSIM) commenting, correcting and presenting a balanced adult view.
You have no doubt also produced other stuff which I haven't come across yet.

I don't think you need to be shy about starting a regular blog - you write well in both English and German and I am sure you have achieved quite a following - there are so many who write either nonsense, or simply re-hash press releases - IMHO you have always written worthwhile stuff.

I repeat... I, for one, would be delighted if you started a regular "big" blog.

Oh I see. With the exception of PC Pilot (I never did anything for them, as I'm with FS MAGAZIN) this was written indeed by me. :-D

We'll see. Now as Angelique is back the pressure is not that big anymore ;-)