Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

SODE jetways

Hi all,

I recently installed KJFK from the Polish developer (with the difficult to pronounce name)  This installed the SODE jetway module into my FSX.  I can see it from the add ons drop down menu. 

It's obviously got something to do with the jetways at airports but that's as far as I know.  I've read documentation and googled it but I'm stumped.  My question is what exactly does this do?

Cheers

Sid

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Press STRG + D and you can dock on the jetway(s) to your aircraft. You also can dock multiple jetways to your aircraft. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

Hi Thomas,

SODE means SimObject Disply Engine. SODE is an all new engine and API that allows developers a new approach, more powerfull and flexible, for animations, seasonal and conditional textures, etc in FSX.

Not only DD are using it in their latest sceneries but also Aerosoft.

Hope this help

Thanks Jaysus (filter blocks your name!), I've read all the blurb so know what it stands for just not sure how that translates to me sat in the cockpit and what I can do exactly.

Phillip - thanks for the reply.  Of course normal jetway operation is CTRL-J.  What is STRG??

Thanks

Sid

Thomas Derbyshire

I think 'Shift-D' is what is means.

Is there a way to reconfigure the hotkey? Shift-D conflicts with Ezdok camera.

Oh sorry, yes. It is Shift - D. 

Yes, just set another combination in the EZCA menu (I set Shift - W) 

Philipp Schwaegerl

I should of been more clear.

Is there a way to change only the SODE hotkey?

I only need SODE for 1 airport, whereas with Ezdok I use it all the time throughout the whole sim/flight.

Oh. I think it is possible. But therefore you have to ask DD, because I don't know how to switch the key combination for SODE. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Good morning,

I have the same airport with SODE jetways.  My issue us I get a door too low message when trying to dock to the PMDG 737.  Is there a config file to adjust the settings? My limited understanding of SODE is it uses the same aircraft config file that the default jetways use.  I appreciate any guidance.

VR

Todd Hontz

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III