Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

need help fsx gold edition does not open,

been simming for many years and this never ever happeneded. I am running on windows 7 FSX Gold Edition, I clicked on the icon on the desktop running as administrator and then  out of no where I get the message, Microsoft Flight Simulator has stropped working correctly..

I was flying yesterday with no problems  I tried a system restore that did not help, need suugestions , Please, Please. Just to let you folks know I did no changes to the computer either. Thanks,

Ronny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does it get past the splash screen before it gives that message?  Have you checked your Events Log to see if

you have any faulting modules?

get the error message as soon as the blue splash screen appears, about 2 seconds. all the years and this has never ever happened to me, I even just took out the fsx cfg file and the same thing occurs.

faulting modules it said  faulting module path: G:\FSX\ui.dll  What does this mean or how do I fix this,  thanks, Ronny

Just a side note.

There is no such FSX version as the Gold Edition.  The Gold Edition is only a marketing package which contains both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration and the user must decide whether to install one or the other.

Best wishes!

still having pproblems this is really frustrating. thanks Ronny

You may wish to check out the AVSIM FSX/P3D CTD Guide (found on the right side of most AVSIM pages).  I believe it addresses the UI.DLL error.

Best wishes!

really need help getting faulty module, in event viewer G:\FSX\ui.dll  also looked at avsim CTD Guide for FSX tried many thing and still getting the problem, need help please!!!

Did you install or do you have one of the uiautomationcore.dll files in your Main FSX Folder?

have version 6 0 5840 16386 been using this for at least 3 years,  the problem in the event viewer says faulty module G:\FSX\ui.dll and faulty application path G:\FSX\fsx.exe, Tried system restore, deleted my cfg file took out scenery cfg file, put the exe.xml and dll.xml into temporary folders, deleted a couple of addons that I added yesterday on 6/17, talking about plains from avsim library, and still no luck.

for year I have been flying never had a problem like this, any other suggestions. I really don't want to uninstall have too many addon progams like rex gex etc etc.

Whenever you get a crash at startup, immediately suspect the dll.xml as all of the modules in the dll.xml are loaded at startup before you get to the setup screen.  So, move your dll.xml to a temporary folder and try again.

• Upvote 1

Go to your Documents folder/Flight simulator X ,, rename your logbook.bin to logbook.bin.OLD    and see if FSX will load then ,,, it is a known issue that the log book bin gets corrupted FSX wont load

if it loads you have a corrupt logbook bin ,,, at this point all you can do is delete the old bin and let fsx build a new one, NOTE you will loose all you logged flight time and so on

I had you name it to .OLD because if FSX does not load you can remove .OLD and you will have all your flight time back

Let me know if this helps

Also if you put the UIAutomation Core dll in, remove it and see what happens

Jim I took out the dll.xml module put it in temporary folder still no luck. Ace High have windows 7 and could not find the file logbook. bin file went to documents folder/FSX/ all my flights but saw no file called logbook.bin file.

also took out UIAutomation Core version 6 0 5840 16386 and still no luck. but where could not find file named logbook.bin, just named fsx and saw all my flights. need HELP please. I luv this sim, and really frustrated.

It is in MY DOCUMENTS/Flight Simulator X files folder.   Make sure all of the files in that folder are arranged alphabetically.

You are looking for Logbook.bin. 

logbook.jpg

see what Charliearon posted

I apologize I wrote documents folder ,, win 10 that is what it is ,,, as Charliearon posted and shown above , it is My Documents Flight Simulator X

Keep us updated 

Thank You  

Did you try the obvious first and reboot your computer first?  If it still does not fire up then just do a repair to FSX.

Doing a Repair is not going to correct the problem if it is the logbook bin

and my experience with the repair has not been good , especially if you have addons like UTX   

Well I did find the Logbook.BIN I renamed it rebooted computer, no luck, then I took it out, rebooted computer again, still no luck, then I opened it up and it said the following this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Please install a program, or if one is already installed create an association, in the default programs control panel. I have all my flights from 2012, to 6-16-2016, and this all strted the problem the next day.

I also defragged drive, ran my anti virus, used CC Cleaner, running out of options. More suggestions please. I have had problems before but always fixed them, oh yeah got the new fs dreamteam addon manager.   need help,  really appreciate everybody trying to help me!!!

Go to your documents folder on the C drive open Flight Simulator Folder, copy all the entries and store elsewhere, then delete all in the folder. reboot FSX.  Just say OK when it ask's cannot fined 

even if you got the log book bin opened , it would not of done you any good it is written in computer language,

have you tried removing the FSX CFG and let FSX build a new one ????

did this problem occur after you installed fs dreamteam and all their garbage addon manager ,, Not a Fan of the Cotail/addon manger ????

you have FSX on your G drive early you mention" path G FSX UI dll " What that is telling me is that the problem is the UI dll ,,,,

It is the User Interface dll UI dll ,,, not the Automationcore UI dll do you have a back up copy of FSX any where ???? if so go to that back up copy and copy the UI dll then paste it in to your active copy of FSX ,,

your UI dll got corrupted some how ,,, Unless you can get a new copy of the UI dll ,,, you might have to try a FSX repair,, but as I mention earlier, I have not ever had good luck with it, and ended up doing a clean install of FSX , which is much more then uninstalling ,, the reg needs to be cleaned too, because the uninstaller for FSX does not remove the Registry entries

I have a clean install of FSX Acceleration backup on my storage Drive ,,, if you want I can email the ui dll and you can give it a try and see if your FSX will load up then

when I say clean install ,,, I mean when I first installed FSX Accel , I made a copy of it onto my storage drive

let me know I have no problem sending you a copy of my UI dll

I seriously doubt it is the logbook.bin but there is a file in our Library called the FSX Logbook Recovery and it will open up your logbook and make sure it is not corrupted and fix it if it finds a problem.

There is only one other probable cause of FSX not starting up and that's if you have any of the FSDT or FlightBeam stuff installed.  The fix is to reinstall the latest Standalone AddonManager from FSDT.

going to take a rest for now watch playoffs nba but AceHigh definitely send it to me and please give me instructions, my e-mail is in my profile.

Jim as far as FSDT I have the newest addonManager version 3.0.0.14, tomorrow I will uninstall, reboot, and install again, I have quite of few of their airports.  I did install it before the crash, so you never know that was on 6/17.

Jim I will also check out about the fsx logbook recovery.

Once again I thanks you guys so much.

Ronny

So let me see if I understand, every thing was fine then you installed FSDT airport then you started getting the CTD (crash to desktop)  or you had the FSDT airports and addon manger installed for a while and just out of the blue you got the CTD,,, if you had FSDT and addon manger installed for a while and just out of the blue got the CTD and the error reads G FSX UI.dll then I would suspect a corrupt UI.dll,,, if you installed FSDT and addon manger then started getting the CTD , then I would suspect the FSDT and addon manger causing the issue

1.  if you installed the FSDT airport and Addon manger then got the CTD ,,, you should uninstall FSDT and the addon manger Reboot the PC and fire up FSX

2. if you still get the CDT and it is still related to the UI dll, then I would suspect a Corrupt UI dll

back to number one , when ever you install a addon and FSX starts to act up or CTD ,, the first thing you should do is uninstall that addon reboot pc and Fire up FSX and see what happens

back to the log book bin   if you renamed the logbook bin to .OLD as I mention earlier and FSX did not boot up , then it is more than likely not a corrupt logbook bin