Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

P3Dv3 performance with large jets.

Hey all I was doing some testing tonight as I'm thinking of moving all my flying to p3dv3.2 the main issue is FPS. When I tried the Aerosoft Airbus my performance in p3dv3 was horrible compared to FSX. In FSX I get atleast 30fps regardless of the scenario with that plane,but in P3Dv3 I get anywhere from 9-25 fps and a huge amount of stutters. I also tired the Ifly747 and had the same issue,stutters and low FPS. I've seen videos of people using these addons and they were super smooth. Im not really pushing the limits either,ASN was off for the P3Dv3 tests,so was traffic and my settings weren't super high either, Before I drop $200 replacing my PMDG stuff I'd like to know whats going on here. My system is no slouch either.

I7-4790K @4.5ghz

GTX980Ti

16GB DDR3 @1866

P3dv3 on dedicated SDD

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hey all I was doing some testing tonight as I'm thinking of moving all my flying to p3dv3.2 the main issue is FPS. When I tried the Aerosoft Airbus my performance in p3dv3 was horrible compared to FSX. In FSX I get atleast 30fps regardless of the scenario with that plane,but in P3Dv3 I get anywhere from 9-25 fps and a huge amount of stutters. I also tired the Ifly747 and had the same issue,stutters and low FPS. I've seen videos of people using these addons and they were super smooth. Im not really pushing the limits either,ASN was off for the P3Dv3 tests,so was traffic and my settings weren't super high either, Before I drop $200 replacing my PMDG stuff I'd like to know whats going on here. My system is no slouch either.

I7-4790K @4.5ghz

GTX980Ti

16GB DDR3 @1866

P3dv3 on dedicated SDD

Your rig is better than mine and I get significantly better frames than that with the A320. (i7 4790 4.0 GHz, 970, SSD).  I also use a 4K TV and only use internal AA...no SGSS...no NI profile at all.  Could that be the difference?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Your settings might be too extreme. In particular "Dense" autogen in P3D 3.2 is much denser than the same setting in FSX. I have a rather humble system (i7 3820, GTX 670) but have no big issues with the Aerosoft A320. Even at places like FlyTampa YSSY with ASN, REX clouds, MyTraffic 6 and ORBX Australia enabled I get 15 fps. Not great, but flyable. As soon as I am away from the airport, I get about 30 fps.

Peter

I have an i5 at 3.1 Ghz and a GTX 750 TI with 6 GB ram and average 30 FPS with the A320 and Pmdg  737 NGX. That is with MT6, Pro ATC, ASN, GSX, FS 2 Crew, all running. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

<p>I have a similar rig as you (6700K @ 4.5, rest is same) and I get everywhere min 30fps (capped) with PMDG NGX, 777, ASN, AS EDDF, etc, etc.. </p>

<p>I don't not have all sliders to the right (one notch from right) and don't use shadows and water is in the middle.</p>

<p>Also I use WideFS to run a few add-ons on a networked PC.</p>

<p>Make sure you don't have unnecessary processes/apps running and read a tweak guide.</p>

<p>You definitely must be able to get better frame rates.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>BTW: What is true for FSX is also true for P3D. With everything set to max/extreme any rig can be brought down to its knees </p>

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Keep tinkering with it. With your rig you could get 30 fps fixed even with settings at high-med high. I'd recommend cloud shadows low quality and dynamic reflections at low and autogen (houses) off. I have vegetation maxed, scenery complexity maxed and don't miss the terribly modeled little boxes. With ORBX,  FTX Global and UTX, once above 1000' AGL it actually looks better without them. 

James McLees

I was able to help things by turning off vector, and lowering my LOD helped aswell but I'm still getting stutters and low fps. Which is odd because I get amazing performance in the Milviz 737

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.