Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

green artifacts /small dots on screen

I've had 2 cards where the vram started to fail and usually only when it was under a load. After a while the green and white flashing spots started to appear even on bootup of the PC (that's when I knew for sure it was an impending hardware failure).

give this program a try:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cudagpumemtest/

I've had 2 cards where the vram started to fail and usually only when it was under a load. After a while the green and white flashing spots started to appear even on bootup of the PC (that's when I knew for sure it was an impending hardware failure).

give this program a try:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cudagpumemtest/

Damn it

I barely have used my titans sc in 3 years and the vram is going wow.

I should be able to rma the card?

I will give cuda a try

Cheers

Mike

try running it at clock speeds of a stock Titan. I had a SC 680 and it would never run at SC speeds always had to down clock it to what a normal 680 was and it was fine. Thats what sucks about SC cards. If it's an EVGA I'd RMA it they have a 5 year warranty.

Sorry that link for the memtest is for Linux there are other programs out there though, I think GPU-Z has a GPU test too

Not sure if this was covered before, but I'm sure you have DVI output on your card. Not sure about you monitor setup, but test strictly via DVI, or DVI via DVI(f)-HDMI(m) adapter. Could be your HDMI port is bad on the card side or monitor side. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Hey guys So I ran a basic gpu memtest

Which quick about a few minutes each card

And it said all test ok

Tried diff hdmi ports and on diff tv it is not doing it

Maybe the monitor is going

Cheers

Mike

So I think I did the correct memtest

It shows testing Titan thou 4000mb

Should it be 6000?

It may be the latest driver 368.39

I am reading that A few others are experiencing same issue.

Yes, could be it. You could try setting the tv to 30 and don't set a limit in ncp. One thing can catch you out, default the ncp profile before trying different setups and especially after updating the drivers.

Steve

Changed monitor and was fine

I was fiddling around with nvidia control panel

And noticed dynamic output set to rgb

I set it to full

Been gaming for 3 hrs no green dots sofar

Could this have been an issue?

Cheers

Mike

That's on HDMI? Shouldn't do dots, would just be the colours look a bit washed out. Even so there's always a possibility of strange issues with those refresh settings. You have done the Restore, Apply, in NCP with the profiles?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

That's on HDMI? Shouldn't do dots, would just be the colours look a bit washed out. Even so there's always a possibility of strange issues with those refresh settings. You have done the Restore, Apply, in NCP with the profiles?

I dunno Steve issue still remains it comes and goes when it feels

I've tried all hardware testing and found no issues

I just need to try it on another tv monitor to check which I haven't got My hands on yet

Hopefully it's the monitor

Question

When I testing my gpu vram it's shows 4008

But my cards vram is 6gb shouldn't it show testing for 6008 or something around that number?

Cheers

Mike