Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

X-Aviation 787 Dreamliner

Hi Folks - I know i read something about this a while back but can't remember where. Seeing that the 787 is on sale for $17 at the X-Aviation store, I was thinking about picking it up. I am still mostly FSX and P3D so I don't have much for X-Plane, but can anyone recommend this plane? Also, I can't quite tell if there is an FMC included (even if it is a light version like the one for the Aerosim model for fsx) since it refers to the X-FMC addon which I would not want to purchase just for this aircraft. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I have this back in my hangar somewhere.  Personally, I was disappointed.  The FMC is the standard X-Plane FMC, which, while it will work, is not very realistic.  Overall, I think you might want to save your money to apply to something better.

John

John Wingold

I think you mean X-Pane org store.

Yeah that's right...and I haven't even started drinking yet! I will get em straight one day!

Cheers, Pete

I have this back in my hangar somewhere.  Personally, I was disappointed.  The FMC is the standard X-Plane FMC, which, while it will work, is not very realistic.  Overall, I think you might want to save your money to apply to something better.

John

Thanks John - I will hold out for something else..the aircraft coming out lately definitely look to be taking a big step forward.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

The 787 is one of Ramzess (Flight Factor) earlier models.  By today's standards I'd have to say it falls far short of the top drawer airliners we're now getting in X-Plane.   It's nowhere near the FF 767, IXEG 737, or even the older FF 757.

It's more like airliners in X-Plane used to be.........  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The 787 is one of Ramzess (Flight Factor) earlier models.

It's one of Heinz's models, not Ramzess.

• Upvote 1

Founder of X-Aviation

If I were you I would look into flight factor 767 it's amazing and on sale now

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It's one of Heinz's models, not Ramzess.

Oops, my bad!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

If you want to grab something before the sale ends, do like me and grab that wonderful Embraer 175 by xcrafts... ;)