Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

Captain Slarty

Guest captbulldog 2

Capt S was one fun guy!

Guest danowat

Last thing I heard was that he had sold up, brought a yacht and was sailing round the world.Mind you, I have always had a sneaky feeling that he and Simon Evans were the same person ;)Dan.

Same as Simon Evans, also Slarty was officially banned from Flightsim.com.Interesting theory, that both were the same person. Maybe this was the reason for Slarty's banning.Anyway, I got many, many usefull hints and tricks from both of them.WolfgangPS: wonder if they (he) are still around ander a new AKA.

Guest danowat

Simon is still about for sure, with his unique way of giving advice :-lolDan.

And to add to that:just have a quick look to both there writing styles. It would requires a truly schizophrenic person to write/comment so completely different in his role as Captain or Simon :-) :-)And whatever one's feeling are towards them (mine are positive by the way): they are definetely NOT THAT IMHO :-)Cheers, Rob

>Simon is still about for sure, with his unique way of giving>advice :-lolRTMF,... :-lolWolfgang

Guest Skymed

Slarty AKA Joe is my brother. He has taken a VERY early retirement from his job, is selling up and getting ready to buy a yacht to sail the world.Lucky dog. I still have to work for a living !!Steve

Guest Skymed

>Well I can say that the Capt and Simon are not the same>person. Never met Simon, but have met the Capt in the past! >Yeah it was quite an experience!!>>Rgds>Aidi>http://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpgC'mon Aidi you can admit you went to school with him !!! :-luke

Guest Aidi

Hey Steve!Well its not too far from the truth is it! All keeping well I hope.For those who are wondering, Joe and Steve's (AKA Capt Slarty and Skymed) father used to teach me when I was at school, and my father taught Joe and Steve!Its amazing how small this world is at times... even more so when where we all grew up on an island (Isles of Scilly) with only 11 miles of coastline and 28 miles out into the Atlantic Ocean!! If it wasn't for the flightsim community none of us would never have known.Best RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Skymed

Ain't that the truth !!!Beware the Slarty :-)

Guest danowat

I seem to remember one of his favourite quotes was "snakeoil", oh we had so great "discussions" about the latest and greatest framerate boosts over at FS.com :-lolDan.

Hi Steve,Give Joe my regards. He came to Denver several years ago with his significant other, we had some fun simming and eating together (with my better half and I both). I hope he's doing OK.Bruce.(Boulder).

Thanks guys for all the info.Why was he banned from flightsim.com? I have posted the same question there but it was removed straight away. I certainly got some wise advise from him some time ago. You should always take his thoughts with a bit of salt.Stelios

Stelios Christofides