Sign in to follow this  
jeansy

Total loss of clouds with Acive sky 2016 and Sky Art

Has any experienced total loss of clouds with the exception of Cirrus clouds with the new software engine?

Ive noticed this in the past 24hrs when flying through a thunderstorm with clear skies and lightning, then I disabled AS2016 and re started it to see nothing, Ive also check the default weather themes ie gray and rainy, thunderstorms within the sim and still no clouds but lots of sunshowers

Ive reinstalled the Rex textures thinking that AS2016 failed to load or inadvertently deleted my clouds, to find I still dont have clouds after the rex texture installs, there seems to a few people in the past few days reporting this issue

Has any one had this problem and overcame it? I have uninstalled AS16 and SA and checked the cloud issuse in the sim to have the same problem, Ive reinstalled the lasted complete version of AS16, still the problem persists with no clouds

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

If you don't see any clouds anymore after playing around with the textures, deletion of the shaders often help. Did you try this?

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders

Then you delete the whole content of this folder and your clouds should be back.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

cheers yep done that about 3 times and nothing still but cirrus clouds both with stock various weather themes and with wx engine

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Then I would de-install and re-install AS2016 and REX with the shader folder empty, then fire up P3D and check. Seems that something is corrupt on your end.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

yep ive done that too, about 3times each , the only im short of doing is re installing P3D

ive even downloaded the newest version of AS16 instead of the original DL and then patch

not to happy with AS16 and sky art right now as its messed up about 340gig p3d  folder

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

P!s$ed off to say the least

With AS16 P3d messed up my install removing all clouds from my install, so I tried to do a repair of P3D using the utility from LM to get my default could settings back

In their infinite wisdom, LM's repair utility doesn't repair the original location (ie E drive for me) however installs it into another drive), so far ive used up all of my activations trying to move it back to E drive only to find out I have to do a complete re install after all  so I can have it in my desired drive and folder

goodbye 340gb and countless hours reinstalling

2 companies are at the top of my to burn down list tonight.

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

In their infinite wisdom, LM's repair utility doesn't repair the original location (ie E drive for me) however installs it into another drive), so far ive used up all of my activations trying to move it back to E drive only to find out I have to do a complete re install after all  so I can have it in my desired drive and folder

If you Run a Prepar3D Repair it will Detect your Original Prepar3D Install location through your Registry path= in your registry editor and Repair any missing or corrupt files in this location

LM's repair utility doesn't repair the original location

Did you manually move your Prepar3D folder to a different location?

It sure looks like you have a registry problem and that would affect a lot of programs.

There is also no reason any of this would affect your activations - something else is going on. But before you do anything else, you need to be sure your registry is not corrupt or you are wasting your time.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi,

We've had numerous reports about loss of lower level clouds but never has this been the fault of AS16, ASN or any AS product.  We have had users suggest it is related to other add-ons but we can't confirm or deny that.  We typically recommend that anyone having this issue perform Content, Scenery and Client P3D module updates and we've had many success reports.

To reiterate, this is not related to our products.  Feel free to open a support ticket at http://support.hifitechinc.com and we can assist.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies