Sign in to follow this  
captain420

tiles seem to be changing as I fly in P3D/FSX

I've noticed this in FSX and also in the latest P3D as well. When I'm flying, I notice that certain tiles or areas will seem to change or load. It's weird. I'm not sure if this is due to me having everything installed on an HDD.

Could someone tell me if they see this sort of behavior on an SSD? I already tried defragging my HDD to see if it would fix the problem, but it's still there. Kind of annoying to see the ground textures changing like this when flying. What is going on?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There is absolutely no noticeable in-game performance difference between a HDD and a SSD. The SSD will give faster initial-load times but once the sim starts it makes no difference at all.

Doug

• Upvote 1

Do they actually change (which would be wrong) or are higher resolution textures being loaded (which simply is the way it is... get used to it)?

I think higher textures being loaded. So this is normal behavior for everyone then?

Normal behavior.  Moving the LOD(Radius) slider might help or changing the resolution to 2048 might help reduce this.  The faster your aircraft, the harder it is for your computer to keep up.

There was also a bug in the ORBX scenery (if you use it) which would cause tiles to "morph". A reinstall of the libraries following by running FTXCentral did it for me.