Hi guys...

I'll be there ! Just bought my ticket.

Ray - I'll be leaning over your shoulder to ensure you don't m**ck up... :P

Is Peter going to be with you ?

Regards

Bill ('Scouser')

0.9nm SW R03 EGOW

Hi Bill,

Look forward to seeing you again. It's been far too long! No, Pete's away on another holiday so won't be there. I have a special Concorde flight you can try. Take-off on 23L at EGCC and land at EGGP 5 minutes later. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Look forward to seeing you again.

Likewise, Ray.

I'm trying to decide (like my DH problems :P ) whether to find a room overnight on the Friday.

I find it a little tiring nowadays there & back, and being on my feet all day.

I sincerely hope that you are making a list of all your bits (cables and such) so that you do not forget anything. (Been there, done that).

Regards

Bill

I look forward to meeting you, Bill. I will just look for the guy who is standing behind Ray and telling him everything that he is doing wrong :wink:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Likewise, Ray.

I'm trying to decide (like my DH problems :P ) whether to find a room overnight on the Friday.

I find it a little tiring nowadays there & back, and being on my feet all day.

I sincerely hope that you are making a list of all your bits (cables and such) so that you do not forget anything. (Been there, done that).

Regards

Bill

I'm sure there are plenty of B&B not far from Cosford. Maybe around the A449 after leaving the M6 (southbound).

I take my computer to Heald Green most months so have a checklist. 100% record so far. :smile:

I look forward to meeting you, Bill. I will just look for the guy who is standing behind Ray and telling him everything that he is doing wrong :wink:

I flew the first leg of the 1999 Round-The-World tour today - JFK to Vancouver. I still need the manual for the checklists but a lot comes naturally now.

Remember to speak in a Brummie accent like the Harry Enfield character... "I don't believe you should have done that!" :lol:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Same here, Chris.

Nah, I suspect that Ray is a registered, fully paid up expert on the Concorde. I wouldn't even know where all those switches were (on the engineers panel - wasn't it a three seater ?)

I'll make it easier to find me - I'm the bald guy with the old 'Flight Adventures' & 'FSForum' (Compuserve) badge on my chest.

It'll be nice to see a few faces.

The only problem will be trying to get near the FSL & Just Flight stands - to chat re a few of my aircraft....

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay - I'd rather go by recommendation rather than a Google list.

Regards

Bill

0.9nm SW R03 EGOW

Bill

Hi Bill,

I haven't stayed in that area but searching for B&B in the town of Standeford (on the A449 between the M6 and M54) shows several possibilities a few miles away

http://www.bedbreakfast-hotels.co.uk/south_staffordshire/standeford_hotels.html

I've recently learned to manage the fuel transfer in Concorde. This was the job of the Flight Engineer so it makes for a full hands-on experience during flights. very unlike those Boeing and Airbus chaps who have everything done for them! :Big Grin:

CompuServe eh? Crikey, that brings back happy memories. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Going by train, for a more relaxed journey. Bringing my 11-year-old grandson, hoping to enthuse the next-generation-but-one.

Petraeus

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay - I'd rather go by recommendation rather than a Google list.

I am staying at the Newport/Telford Premier Travel Inn, which is just north of Telford. There are two more Premier Travel Inns at Telford (a small one not too far from mine, and the main one near the railway station).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I take it that those staying nearby are referring to the Friday night? Or is anyone staying Saturday night also?

I am driving down on Friday, and staying overnight. The price for a room at the Premier Travel Inn is OK for that night, but it gets ridiculous on Saturday.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Guys..

Thanks.

I managed to get a room for Friday night at the 'main one near the railway station'. Thanks Chris. (The Premier Inn, Euston Way, Telford). ..(plus a breakfast - I'll need the calories flying Concorde for a five minute trip - there's such a lot to do on that Flight Deck in five minutes) :P

Looking forward to seeing everybody. I'll redo my badge - I haven't got much room on it - shall I put 'AVSIM' on it, Compuserve, Flight Adventures, FSForum or just 'Bill EGOW ?'

Decisions, Decisions.

I was rather surprised when I dusted off my badge, and all those 'events' fell out...been going to these FS meetings for quite a while....haven't we, Ray ?

I think the first one at which I met you and Pete the Swordfish had just been certificated... :Whistle:

Regards
Bill

This will be my third visit to the Cosford FlightSim Show, and after this visit I will have stayed in all three Telford Premier Travel Inns!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Bill,

Glad you have your accommodation sorted. Premier Inn do great breakfasts so that will set you up for the day.

I've been going to FS shows since the days of the National Motorcycle Museum in the early 90s. Bought my first CH yoke there around 1993. Such a shame when it was destroyed by fire in the early 2000s.

Do you remember us having our photo taken outside NMM with Pete Dowson, Lee James, Paul Croft and one or two others I've forgotten? Hope to meet lots of AvSim people there on the 8th. And just to confirm Andrew Wilson of FS Labs will be there too. He designed the Concorde air file used in the sim at Brooklands as well as the current ConcordeX I'll be flying. Oslo to Heathrow in less than an hour anyone? :Big Grin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've been going to FS shows since the days of the National Motorcycle Museum in the early 90s. Bought my first CH yoke there around 1993. Such a shame when it was destroyed by fire in the early 2000s.

Do you remember us having our photo taken outside NMM with Pete Dowson, Lee James, Paul Croft and one or two others I've forgotten?

Certainly do.

The other names were Alan Parkinson, Dave Wild (Vulcan), John Davison and Andrew Luck.

I bought my Saitek & CH gear there from Bob Siddick & their daughter Mary.

I also recall us taking pics with Simon Hradecky, Guido Ostkamp, Graham "DOTCOM" Waterfield, Alex Ford, Mathijs Kok, & Enrico Schiratti. A virtual 'Who's Who' of Flight sims !

And just to confirm Andrew Wilson of FS Labs will be there too.

I probably won't get near Andrew. He's got some courage - what with a certain P3d release on the way, (hush hush) he'll be bombarded with questions, I'll bet. (shh... - I've got his FSX version).

Anyway, got my list of names here to say 'Hi' to.

Regards

Bill

0.9nm SW R03 EGOW