Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

LHSimulations LHBP stuttering issue

I reported about his issue in LHSimulations forum back when I was running P3Dv2 and just noticed the problem is still the same in P3Dv3.

What happens is that whenever I get close to the airport I get rather severe stutters lasting for a split second every 10-15 seconds or so. This makes it quite hard to land when the simulator almost freezes every now on then on short final.

Last time I reported about this issue over in LHSim's forums I was told to move all land traffic sliders (cars on the roads) in P3D to 0% and doing this did fix the problem but I don't see this as a real solution since I do like to have some cars on the roads making the world feel a bit more alive under you.

Just wanted to ask any other owners of LHBP if you see the same thing and if anyone found a cure for this other than disabling all traffic?

I do hope there will be a fix eventually worth its name from the developer rather than this kind of work-around but I don't hold my breath considering the age of this product and with P3Dv4 around the corner. Too bad though considering how nice this scenery is in most other regards.

Richard Åsberg

I own this scenery and the reason of stutters is complex airport mixed with huge city of Budapest next to it. If you turn traffic on you will get stutters.

If you use vector turn off tertiary roads completely and traffic on secondary roads and check for result. Was much better in my case when kept traffic on 7%

Yeah this is a problem with ORBX Vector. I noticed this in P3D v2.5 the first time. In v3 however, I don't have Vector installed and the problem never appeared again.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Thanks for your response Tomasz but I already have rather moderate settings looking at FTX Vector with only highways and primary roads activated and I also disabled powerlines.

As already stated I know I can "solve" the problem at Budapest by adjusting the percentage of road traffic in P3D but again I personally don't consider that a solution because I like to have my traffic. I have no problem having it activated for any other destination but Budapest. Looking in the rear mirror I never adjusted my global settings for one single product and I won't do it this time either. If one single product only covering a certain geographical area is causing issues then that is the product that needs to go or have its issues addressed.

What you say about a complex airport and Budapest next to it, what would you then call London Heathrow just to come up with one example? I have currently 19 payware airports installed and the majority of them are rather big European airports of the same size or bigger than Budapest and with zero stuttering issues using the same settings looking both at FTX Vector and the P3D traffic sliders.

I don't intend to sound ungrateful for you trying to help me. I just say that this clearly is a problem specific to this particular product. Also that is has been known by the developer for several years, reported by several users/owners and still no fix.

It's a real shame looking at the overall beauty of this product and I honestly find it a bit strange I haven't seen more reports about this problem considering the popularity of the product.

Yeah this is a problem with ORBX Vector. I noticed this in P3D v2.5 the first time. In v3 however, I don't have Vector installed and the problem never appeared again.

Yep, I understand this is an issue that is related to FTX Vector but I wouldn't say it's caused by FTX Vector.

When you like me and as already mentioned in my reply to Tomasz have about 20 payware airports installed of various sizes but all of them big enough to serve a B738 and I don't have this problem with any single one of them except for Budapest...would you then still consider FTX Vector being the culprit?

Not a big deal though. I have lots of other great airports to enjoy and more on my list to buy :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Same problem too. Pretty sure I started a thread as well and LH told me the same thing. I thought they were updating the scenery... maybe they've found a fix? And how come no other developer has had this issue?

Same problem too. Pretty sure I started a thread as well and LH told me the same thing. I thought they were updating the scenery... maybe they've found a fix? And how come no other developer has had this issue?

I found several threads of various age over in their forums discussing the same problem and in most of them they said they were aware of the issue but still didn't find a solution. This however was a couple of years ago...

Just like you say since other developers don't have this issue with their products clearly this is an issue specific to this particular product and obviously the developer hasn't been able to find the same solution other developers already found.

Since FTX Vector is related I will ask about this over in Orbx forum as well but I don't think they will be very interested and I can't blame them since this again is specific to only this product while FTX Vector works just fine with all my other airports.

Richard Åsberg

Yep, I understand this is an issue that is related to FTX Vector but I wouldn't say it's caused by FTX Vector.

When you like me and as already mentioned in my reply to Tomasz have about 20 payware airports installed of various sizes but all of them big enough to serve a B738 and I don't have this problem with any single one of them except for Budapest...would you then still consider FTX Vector being the culprit?

Not a big deal though. I have lots of other great airports to enjoy and more on my list to buy :smile:

Yes I would and I have. This is the reason, why I don't have Vector installed at all! The developer of LHBP once stated that they don't have FTX Vector (I don't know, if this is still the case).. So why should they care about FTX Vector? On the other side it is the question, why Vector is causing such issues? Shouldn't be ORBX the one, fixing this problem, if they go into the simfiles very deep like Vector is doing?

Philipp Schwaegerl

Yes I would and I have. This is the reason, why I don't have Vector installed at all! The developer of LHBP once stated that they don't have FTX Vector (I don't know, if this is still the case).. So why should they care about FTX Vector? On the other side it is the question, why Vector is causing such issues? Shouldn't be ORBX the one, fixing this problem, if they go into the simfiles very deep like Vector is doing?

Obviously we're not on the same page in this matter but just to comment quickly.

IMO the reason for the developer of LHBP to look into this issue is because the huge amount of FTX Vector users out there that won't be able to fully use the scenery without first removing their traffic in P3D...ie reconfigure a global setting that will affect the whole sim experience regardless of where in the world you are flying. And this only to solve an issues with a single and local add-on. To me that doesn't make sense.

I also think if you are a serious developer you will make sure to use the same mix of add-ons as the majority of users (potential buyers of your product) to make sure your product doesn't have any compatibility issues with these other products. This should really be in your interest if you want to sell your product.

As for Orbx (and whether you like it or not) they are one of the biggest players in this arena and just like in most other cases in life it's more likely that the small players will have to adopt their product to fit into the big scheme rather than the other way around.

And again looking at all other airports I have that don't show this problem where the developers obviously found a way to make sure this issue doesn't happen...in what way do you think LHS is different from all those other developers by not having to make sure a product will work with other products out there?

And lastly Orbx indeed does try to help fix compatibility issues. I've seen lots of examples of that just by browsing through their forums and maybe just maybe they will be able to help out with this one as well if we're lucky. However the chance for this to happen might be rather slim considering the age of the LHS Budapest scenery but I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed!

Enjoy LHS Budapest without Orbx Vector or without road traffic :wink:

Richard Åsberg

I dont see any updated installer on simmarket.

How do you install?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I dont see any updated installer on simmarket.

How do you install?

Thanks Michael Moe

I bought the product directly from LHS and my installer is called Budapest_LHBP_v13_FSX_P3D_P3Dv2_Build9.exe and installs just fine into P3Dv3 despite only having P3Dv2 in its name.

Richard Åsberg

I bought the product directly from LHS and my installer is called Budapest_LHBP_v13_FSX_P3D_P3Dv2_Build9.exe and installs just fine into P3Dv3 despite only having P3Dv2 in its name.

Thanks,

Richard when you say you have stutters how bad is it because i have just installed it and tested it with the Realair Legacy and find it quite smooth actually. There is a small stutter here and there but overall it is very smooth on my system.

I can find places with alot more stutter for sure

I am using Vector and 10% road traffic . Only Highways and Primary but all checked.

OPENLCEU as well and AS2016+ASCA with light clouds this evening

I have tested dawn ,day and dusk

Pretty amazing scenery btw

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Hi there Michael,

Maybe stuttering is not the best word to use. Everything is very smooth in my case as well but what does happen is that every maybe 10-15 seconds the sim almost freezes for approx .5 sec and this of course is not fun regardless of where in the pattern you are but when you're on final and especially short final it's really frustrating to have the sim behave like that.

I'm not sure if the aircraft in use does any difference but I do all my flying in the NGX and I have my traffic sliders at 15% in P3D and in FTX Vector I only have highways and primary roads enabled.

What I find most annoying considering how nice this scenery is in all other regards is how the developer has been aware of this issue reported by lots of users even since 2014 and still hasn't been able to come up with a fix for it. Surely it can't be that hard considering this doesn't happen in other locations with other similar airports or even airports and locations much more dense and complex compared to Budapest and this particular airport.

Richard Åsberg

Hi there Michael,

Maybe stuttering is not the best word to use. Everything is very smooth in my case as well but what does happen is that every maybe 10-15 seconds the sim almost freezes for approx .5 sec and this of course is not fun regardless of where in the pattern you are but when you're on final and especially short final it's really frustrating to have the sim behave like that.

I'm not sure if the aircraft in use does any difference but I do all my flying in the NGX and I have my traffic sliders at 15% in P3D and in FTX Vector I only have highways and primary roads enabled.

What I find most annoying considering how nice this scenery is in all other regards is how the developer has been aware of this issue reported by lots of users even since 2014 and still hasn't been able to come up with a fix for it. Surely it can't be that hard considering this doesn't happen in other locations with other similar airports or even airports and locations much more dense and complex compared to Budapest and this particular airport.

Ahh i see,

I think i can replicate it just above treshold in both directions - otherwise butter smooth i must say even maxed out

Thanks

Michael moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

"Stuttering" is pretty accurate, Richard; don't sell yourself short.

I too admire the hell out of LHS' LHBP since they did such a great job with it. With the exception of this issue, it'd be a 5/5. I will give them the benefit of the doubt; if there was an easy fix, surely they'd have found it by now. I just wish they'd do the odd thing and ask another developer for help. Surely it's not simply a case of excluding a certain road or area outside of the airport.

Until then...

No happening here. Not sure if I am using build 8 or 9. One thing I did do was rename fx_skidmark.fx to OFF. in the P3D effects folder. Get a very minor micro stutter near the boundary of the airport. Apart from that, no pauses.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.