Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Which one to buy...

I don't have the B400A but I'd guess the II would be the best because it was released later on and has more features

I have both, and my favorite is the Citation II, but it depends on your preferences. The Citation II uses analog gauges with a fairly sophisticated HSI, has a straight wing and is easy to fly and land at smaller airports. I find the panel easy to read and can manage most flight functions from the main panel.The Beech 400A has a glass cockpit, has a swept wing, cruises about 50 kias faster and is somewhat more demanding to land, usually needing a longer runway, 5000 ft or greater.Neither has a FMC, both have very good flight models, and there are repaints available for both. I'm not a good judge of sounds, all jet sound alike to me, but both seem to work well in this area. I seem to remember that I only paid about $19 for the Citation II, which is a bargain as payware goes.Eaglesoft has a support forum for all it's aircraft and provides very good documentation.Hope this helps,Dale

Dale

I only have the Citation II and fly it a lot because it is a sweet handling airplane. Don't have the B400A so can't comment on it. Jim

I think I read in the Eaglesoft forums (before the site crashed) that they will be making a newer version of the Beechjet after all the other projects are all caught up.Maybe one of the guys at Eaglesoft can say for certain if this is true.

I like the Beechjet. I haven't purchased the II because a freeware developer made one that is good enough for me. I still fly my Beechjet every week though. I like that it's harder to land and that it's faster than a Citation. I especially like the landing lights that pop out of the side of the nose. The VC still looks good with all that glass and it runs pretty well on my older system. Either way they're ESDG products so you can't lose there.