Sign in to follow this  

I'm planning on changing out my 22" monitors for 27". The existing are 1920x1080 and plan the same for the replacements. I've read that resolution higher than 1920x1080 is preferable but comes at a cost to performance. I don't want to compromise on frame rates in any way but feel my overall experience will be greater with the larger monitors. I just want to make sure I don't fall into a trap as I'm not expert on this subject?

Also wanted to check there was no issue in mixing monitor sizes? I currently use 3 x 22" in a pyramid configuration with the lower monitors being for VC and External Views and the upper monitor for Active Sky. Don't plan on changing the upper monitor, only the lower 2 but want to make sure there will be no issue with using 2 x 27" and 1 x 22"?

Many thanks in advance!

Gary

honestly im running 3 monitors, 2 24" @1080P , and one 4k 34" up above those two. the two below is used for charts, planning, and whatever goodies i decide to do during the inflight. The 34" is used on P3D V3.4 and i get 30+ FPS no matter how much traffic and how much addon scenery i am around. That in the NGX. If you have a high end computer, you shouldnt have to worry .

I'm planning on changing out my 22" monitors for 27". The existing are 1920x1080 and plan the same for the replacements. I've read that resolution higher than 1920x1080 is preferable but comes at a cost to performance. I don't want to compromise on frame rates in any way but feel my overall experience will be greater with the larger monitors. I just want to make sure I don't fall into a trap as I'm not expert on this subject?

Also wanted to check there was no issue in mixing monitor sizes? I currently use 3 x 22" in a pyramid configuration with the lower monitors being for VC and External Views and the upper monitor for Active Sky. Don't plan on changing the upper monitor, only the lower 2 but want to make sure there will be no issue with using 2 x 27" and 1 x 22"?

Many thanks in advance!

Gary

As long as they are all 1920x1080, your computer will not know the difference.

Bert

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your valued input, much appreciated!

Just a final question, would you say that based on maintaining the 1920x1080 resolution, will there will be a noticeable reduction in picture quality jumping from 22" to 27"?

Maybe very subjective?

Thanks,

Gary

Just a final question, would you say that based on maintaining the 1920x1080 resolution, will there will be a noticeable reduction in picture quality jumping from 22" to 27"?

Maybe very subjective?

Noticeable, definitely (look here for chapter and verse). Whether you can live with it will be somewhat subjective. Having tried a 40" TV and found it very wanting, I would think 27" would be acceptable for 1080p.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I must steal the thread. :) I also plan to move to 27". Currently using ASUS 22", 1680x1050, and so far best choice after the quick look in the shops is 27" FULL HD, also by ASUS (love the SPLENDID modes). Also salesman told me that ASUS have the best displays in that price category so...

Anyone have a better suggestion for 27" in that price range? I'm also using monitro for video editing, photography, movies, flight simming, simracing, etc, so I want to look for generally good calibrated monitor.

Thank you in advance!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.