Sign in to follow this  
saed45

Flyinside coming to xplane

looks like finally xplane will get oculus and htc vive support soon. Flyinside has posted on reddit about it coming to xplane. if you dont know what it is watch this video 

anyways the developer posted on reddit and here is the post. i think you can sign up for beta by making a post there. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/56d1wj/have_xplane_riftvive_looking_for_flyinside_xp/

• Upvote 4

Nice. I have yet to try it.

Only thing I tried is the latest P3D which I updated to yesterday with it's VR support. Besides performance claims, etc., is the main difference with flyinside that you see tings as you do with the monitor? (meaning mouse pointer, etc.)

I think this will be tomorrows announcement. Either way, this is bigger than XP 11.

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Thats great news. Its happening even before I expected. I applied to be a beta tester. I was hoping that was one of the announcements for tomorrow but now I am happy

• Upvote 1

After receiving my Oculas Rift in June I'm truly addicted to the VR Environment,About the only thing I've been doing with XPlane since has been updating the betas.This is Great,Great News. :smile:

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Just bought a Rift this afternoon...

• Upvote 1

-

Nice. I have yet to try it.

Only thing I tried is the latest P3D which I updated to yesterday with it's VR support. Besides performance claims, etc., is the main difference with flyinside that you see tings as you do with the monitor? (meaning mouse pointer, etc.)

Hey Raven, I can't say on the X-Plane FlyInside branch since I haven't tried it, but in FSX/P3D you do see the mouse pointer. And you can also pull in desktop windows to display in your cockpit in VR. That gives you checklists, maintenance panels if the plane is so equipped, chat windows, etc. In FlyInside for FSX/P3D, you can also pull up your regular desktop in VR so you don't have to take off the headset to see your desktop if you need. In some ways it's a superset of the desktop.

LM's P3D VR support is supposed to be better in 3.4 but everything I've heard from those running 3.4 (I'm still on 2.5 but planning to upgrade) is that not only is FlyInside's performance better, but all the stuff like support for Leap Motion, using the Vive controllers in the airplane, pulling desktop windows in, etc, are simply features that P3D doesn't have natively.

I can only guess that Dan has made some deal to eventually surrender his soul to get the features and performance he has managed to build into FlyInside. Granted it is at slightly lower resolution, but we get two stereo (and therefore different) images rendered at 90 frames per second in VR with FlyInside. That's amazing. There are some tricks involved but still, that's 180 unique images every second out of FSX/P3D, and now X-Plane.

Flying in VR has totally changed everything for me. I had moved away from flight simulation until Dan started up DCOC for P3D and then FlyInside.

@FrontendRob - it'll blow you away. It's so different and amazing to find yourself in the cockpit of just about any airplane. I go for full realism now and tend to only fly the most realistically-modeled planes that are available. Scenery also got important. Flying in VR is huge fun.

• Upvote 1

I have to say that VR is quite an amazing experience and I am glad to hear that FlyInside is in the process of developing for use in XPX and likely XPXI.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Just bought a Rift this afternoon...

Jealous :smile:. I wish I had a computer that would run one 

@FrontendRob - it'll blow you away. It's so different and amazing to find yourself in the cockpit of just about any airplane. I go for full realism now and tend to only fly the most realistically-modeled planes that are available. Scenery also got important. Flying in VR is huge fun.

Any recommendation for a flight experience if I don't have FSX or P3D? Tried Outerra but it appears to be pretty rough around the edges. Won't even read my controller....

Oh and yes, it's absolutely groundbreaking.

• Upvote 1

-

Wow! Big news. Waiting in anticipation since I have it for P3D with all the constraints of a 32 bit platform there. Now 64 bit Xplane! Great stuff.

Any recommendation for a flight experience if I don't have FSX or P3D? Tried Outerra but it appears to be pretty rough around the edges. Won't even read my controller....

AeroFly 2. 64 bit and built-in VR support.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Hello Bob,Try DCS World,It's free to download and comes with two highly detailed aircraft.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/?end_pos=2314&scr=default〈=en

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Oh boy, this is great news as a helicopter pilot. Now X Plane just needs some more great scenery.