Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

PTA Is Amazing!

Brian,

I think you've got the brightness just about right compared to a lot of screen shots I've seen posted that look like an overcast day but with no clouds. The worlds a bright place and often does look a little washed out especially when there is some moisture in the air. I personally prefer the bright and maybe slightly washed out pics compared to the overly dark and saturated look that some simmers go for.

Great pics, now I just need to figure out and decide if I should try Reahade for FSX since I don't use P3D yet. It looks a little complicated and I'm scared to install something I don't understand and possibly mess my sim up.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Lowi looking real picturess with your PTA and reshade Settings !!!!!!

Really wanted to say a big  thanks for posting your settings !!!!!

Welcome.  Of course I changed all of them since this morning!  lol!   Just trying to find what looks right to my eyes!  I think I got it.  I actually just made my ReShade preset for NIGHT flights.  Little splash of Bloom, a bit of Gain tweaking and Wallah.  I am most pleased with my night settings in ReShade with PTA.

PTA-20.png

PTA-21.png

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I think you got that taxiway night shot  looking perfect  (  lit by the moon on a clear night )

Yep.  I think this is the final setting.   The Photoreal looks great now too instead of the whites being washed out.  We have a winner.. also.... That traffic jam at KDCA!  WOW!  I feel like I held up traffic while they waited for me to land!  XD

PTA-22.png

PTA-23.png

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

NEMO - 

Thx Brian

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Brian

Really like your settings. Any updated files to share?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Brian

Really like your settings. Any updated files to share?

Thanks Michael Moe

Yeah.  I was going to upload my final ReShader set.   I also screwed up and said the wrong thing about which ReShader I use.   I TRIED version 3.0 but could not get it to function in Prepar3D v3.4.9.   It would have been nice to have the UI embedded in the sim but alas.   I reverted to the last version of 2.   It works great you have have to load the seperate shader GUI to make changes but it still does it in real time.    Any and all presets go in the preset folder in the REShade directory.

If you installed ReShade 3.0 and it is not working for you either just disable it by removing it's install files from the P3D directory.    There is one DLL file it puts in the directory labelled DXDG.dll or something like that.   You'll know it when you see it.  Just remove that then install ReShade 2.0 into it's own folder and run the EXE in there.  Point your main profile at P3D's EXE file and you are good to go.  Make sure P3D is NOT RUNNING when you do this the first time or else it can't install the Shader packs.

I'll upload in the new version of my shaders once I land in Buffalo.  In the middle of a flight!  :)

PS:  In the middle of a flight with NORMAL autogen and 1024 graphics flying from Upgraded Freeware AFCAD of KBWI to FlyTampa's KBUF... 100 AI around me in the skies at the moment... 400 megs of VAS left.   :(   Come on LM!   Fix this stupidity!    This flight is only an hour and half long and I am out of VRAM with modest settings!  Utter BS...   I am going to have to save the flight just prioer to TOD because when KBUF tries to load into memory its going to be an OOM crapfest... *sigh*.....  You can't keep FIXING this then BREAKING that.   It's like playing with my emotions Smokey!  

100454.png

Brian Navy

I got your presets working  using the older version of reshade 2.0.3 with framwework 1.1   !!!!!

by manually applying each value from the 5 cfg files separitly into a default reshade 2.0.3 profile

only took 2-3  mins tops

in case anyone else wants to give this method a try !!!!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eweepsghvwflaw4/AABlQEbgCAgwVik8mjBN4F8Wa?dl=0

New settings used in my last few screen shots now available.   These were made using ReShade 2.0.3f1   (the link on the left on the Reshade.me downloads page.  I DO NOT use the other one with Sweet FX)    You will find another preset folder for my night shaders.   The .ini for PTA was updated with my slight tweaks too.   Enjoy!

100454.png

Brian Navy

In order to use PTA you need to also install reshade as well? I thought PTA was a standalone app and that it was all you need.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

In order to use PTA you need to also install reshade as well? I thought PTA was a standalone app and that it was all you need.

It is a stand alone but I choose to keep my reshape shakers and pta shakers separate because I can't see real time changes when editing pta settings. I can with reshape shaders.

100454.png

Brian Navy

One thing I noticed using others PTA ini files, the day time looks aweome (like the person intended) but sometimes it has consequences during Dusk and Dawn.  I am not sure whose I had downloaded and tried..... but that one made the day time look good but completely removed the dusk... or made the dusk so short... One of my fav time to fly is dusk with Night environment lights.... and the colorful sunset and sky....  

Just a suggestion.. make sure when you change the PTA settings that you check out dawn and dusk with the time preview as well.

Unless you are willing to change the PTA settings for each time slot, it would be prudent to check all times.. Day time, Dawn, Dusk and Night before deciding. Just a thought.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter