Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ProATC X - New Version

Hi Jeroen, 

Glad you are finding the new 'stuff' useful. There's more to come very shortly in the next 'Hotfix'   :wink:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi Jeroen, 

Glad you are finding the new 'stuff' useful. There's more to come very shortly in the next 'Hotfix'   :wink:

Great news!

Additional question: during my last flight the flight info showed Vectors: CRDWF. And while I was flying perfectly 'on' the STAR, almost ready to turn left 'into' the localizer at the FAF, ATC told me to turn right more than 90 degrees. Obviously I did so, obedient as I am, and as soon as I was on the requested course, flying away from the airport, ATC told me to turn back again to the FAF... A bit odd, although all was fine in the end. Should I regard this as a realistic feature...? Maybe to make sure I wouldn't get too close to other traffic? But what does CRDWF stand for anyway?

flight info showed Vectors: CRDWF. And while I was flying perfectly 'on' the STAR, almost ready to turn left 'into' the localizer at the FAF, ATC told me to turn right more than 90 degrees

CRDWF is a vectoring waypoint. It's used to display the point where you are being vectored on the moving map. If you see this, just fly the headings that ATC gives you.

As for the over 90 degree turn. A log would be required but I'm willing to bet it's the same issue we discovered today. Has got to do with linking STAR and approach. More info on this issue can be found on the support forum.

CRDWF is a vectoring waypoint. It's used to display the point where you are being vectored on the moving map. If you see this, just fly the headings that ATC gives you.

One of the best features introduced by the latest version, in my view. I can finally fly from and to any airport, even the smallest, which was basically impossible with 1.7.2.0 whenever an airport had no SID/STAR. This is a game changer for those of us who use smaller aircraft and smaller airports and yet like to fly IFR with an active ATC. I can confirm that from such airports I am vectored to one or more CRDWF points, which now are perfectly integrated into the FMC and the sim flightplan. For example, at the take-off, you can fly the heading(s) provided by the ATC or simply follow your flight director if you have NAV active, as the heading instructions will reflect the CRDWF vectoring points you have to fly through before you get cleared to "continue as filed".

A very nice addition.

• Upvote 1

As for the over 90 degree turn. A log would be required but I'm willing to bet it's the same issue we discovered today. Has got to do with linking STAR and approach. More info available on this issue can be found on the support forum.

Ah, ok. I don't use the moving map, I have to say... I like to only use the flight displays, seems more real to me. I will have a look on the forum.

EDIT Found the topic (thanks, Jarkko) and posted my own situation in a seperate topic: curious if it is the same problem. (Can't figure it out myself because I can't read the log.txt.) I do think there isn't a similar problem in my case: the last point of the STAR is the first point of the approach: can't see any double points...

if you have NAV active, as the heading instructions will reflect the CRDWF vectoring points you have to fly through before you get cleeared to "continue as filed".

Hm, maybe I am misunderstanding you but the plan ProATC created and which I loaded into the Airbus didn't show that vector point. So I had to switch to manual control to comply to ATC's requests. Seems your plan did contain the vector points?

EDIT

I am going a bit off topic, I notice: this isn't a support topic. Sorry. As I said in my edit above I have posted about this on the official forum now.

Hm, maybe I am misunderstanding you but the plan ProATC created and which I loaded into the Airbus didn't show that vector point. So I had to switch to manual control to comply to ATC's requests. Seems your plan did contain the vector points?

EDIT

I am going a bit off topic, I notice: this isn't a support topic. Sorry. As I said in my edit above I have posted about this on the official forum now.

I am not using any liner at the moment, so unfortunately I can't confirm or dismiss the behavior you are having in the Aerosoft Airbus. But yes, I can confirm that Pro-ATC/X is now changing the basic flight plan you set in Pro-ATC/X by adding SIDs, STARs and/or vectoring points not only to his own flight plan but also to the flight plan in the sim. All this happens at the Clearance. In other words, once you get cleared by the ATC, if you are using an FMC or a default Garmin, you'll find the whole flight plan in it, including SIDs, STARs and vectoring point, even if your aircraft is not one of the officially supported aircraft (Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG Boeing, Majestic Dash, Wilco etc.). Exception is when you use (like me) a Flight1 GTN or GNS (in which case you have to put the flight plan manually). Requiement is activating those three check boxes when you clieck on Fly now before accessing your Moving map.

I am surprised this is not happening in the Aerosoft Airbus.

Well, it can happen in the Airbus but I disabled the addition of sids and stars in the plan because it is not realistic: I like to add them myself at the appropriate time. Maybe because of this any vectoring points are also not added...? It could also be that vector points are removed when you manually add the star... I do use the option to load the plan as a company route which IMHO is an awesome but also realistic option. As I said before, one of the greatest changes in the last version, simple as it may seem, is that you can enter the company route by typing the ICAO codes: I always hated having to type PROATCLR (or something like that) every single time. ;)

Well, it can happen in the Airbus but I disabled the addition of sids and stars in the plan because it is not realistic: I like to add them myself at the appropriate time. Maybe because of this any vectoring points are also not added...?

I find it highly possible, if not probable.

Anyway, I understand your point. I like to add SIDs and STARs myself as well and I do that anyway, because Flight1 GNS/GTN are not connected to the default navigations system, so you have to enter all waypoints and proceduers manually. Anyway, any other default navigation system will have SIDs, STARs and vectoring points automatically populated and this is a great help.

barrel_owl what GA planes are you using Pro-ATC with? I want to fly my RealAir Legacy with my F1 GTN's, will it work for flying IFR with that plane? I don't see a profile for it in Pro-ATC. And how would you make a flight plan for GA planes such as this? What app do you use? PFPX is aimed primarily at tubeliners isn't it? I would love to know because I want to use Pro-ATC with GA planes as well. Could you please explain your method.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

PFPX is aimed primarily at tubeliners isn't it?

It's primarily aimed at IFR, not really tube liners in particular.  So, as long as you fly IFR, PFPX should work just fine, I would think.  It will generate a standard FSX/P3D flight plan.  Your GA aircraft may be able to directly load that, maybe not.  But still, PFPX will happily generate one for you and doesn't care that you are not a tube liner.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

barrel_owl what GA planes are you using Pro-ATC with? I want to fly my RealAir Legacy with my F1 GTN's, will it work for flying IFR with that plane? I don't see a profile for it in Pro-ATC. And how would you make a flight plan for GA planes such as this? What app do you use? PFPX is aimed primarily at tubeliners isn't it? I would love to know because I want to use Pro-ATC with GA planes as well. Could you please explain your method.

Of course you can. You can add any aircraft you like to Pro-ATC/X through Data < Aircraft < New aircraft. I use Pro-ATC/X with all the GA aircraft I have. Fill in all the required fields and go. Based on my experience, the most important are Rwy lenght for take-off and landing, as this will affect the runways you'll be given by the ATC. If you leave them blank, the ATC might assign you even runways shorter than the minimum lenght required for your aircraft, which is not very realistic. Therefore, I strongly suggest you to set those fields. Also, if you set V1, VR and V2, you'll have the callouts at takeoff as well. :wink:

The reason why you can't find any profile for GA and turboprops is that the great majority of people use Pro-ATC/X with liners. So, GA users will have to create their own profile manually by adding Manufacturer and Model manually. Not a big deal, though.

Here is an example:

BNdpSQP.jpg

For you GA flyers, if you want ProATC to use your callsign:

1 - Make sure al_tail.wav is in EVERY subfolder of sound\controllers and EVERY subfolder of sound\pilots.  (The file is already in all the folders that come with ProATC by default; but you may need to copy it over if you're using any add-on voices)  It's just a blank .wav file, so the one file works universally.

2 - Open ProATC/X and go to Data>Airlines.  Click the New Airline Button.  Enter the following information:

Airline:  Tail
ICAO:  XXX
Callsign:  TAIL

<Save and Close>

3 - When opening/creating a flight plan, select Tail (XXX) for the airline and type the full registration (tail number) in the Flight ID.  ProATC will then only use the Flight ID for the callsign (N123AB, N45678, CFADW, etc.).  The only side-effect is that the callsign will show up as "XXX <Tail Number>" on the moving map (i.e. XXX N123AB); but the spoken callsign will be correct: "N123AB".

• Upvote 1