Sign in to follow this  
sizziano

X-Plane 10.50 loading time

Hey guys so I updated to 10.50 last night and now the simulator takes an eternity (like 30-45 min) to load. Anyone else seen this? I deleted the prefs and have removed the plugins but the problem persists.

Hmmm, are you on Win 10 ?

If so, have you rebooted since the last Win 10 update issued one of these days ?

Also, is your X-Plane 10 folder excluded from DEFENDER ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hmmm, are you on Win 10 ?

If so, have you rebooted since the last Win 10 update issued one of these days ?

Also, is your X-Plane 10 folder excluded from DEFENDER ?

Neg check my sig, WIn 7. XP 10.45 was working perfectly. It was hanging on the joystick calibration promp so I disconnected everything. Let's see if that helps.

BTW Windows defender is OFF.

OOps, I seldom look at the Sigs unless they have nice shots :-)

Hope you get around it. Maybe the controllers yes, but I never experienced that here, not in win 7, and certainly not in win 10. Might it be some hidden dialogue window prompting for something ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I had the same problem, and deleting the prefs didn't help. I got it solved by doing a clean install from scratch instead of just an update.

I saw this on someone else's computer when doing a screen share. I noticed that X-Plane would appear to still be running in task manager even after it had been closed, so next time it was opened it would just sit for 20 minutes on the loading screen before getting to the airport selection screen. Rebooting the computer or force killing the X-Plane process made it start faster next time round. This might not be your issue but it's worth checking

I had the same problem, and deleting the prefs didn't help. I got it solved by doing a clean install from scratch instead of just an update.

This is what I was afraid of.

I saw this on someone else's computer when doing a screen share. I noticed that X-Plane would appear to still be running in task manager even after it had been closed, so next time it was opened it would just sit for 20 minutes on the loading screen before getting to the airport selection screen. Rebooting the computer or force killing the X-Plane process made it start faster next time round. This might not be your issue but it's worth checking

Ok will try that thanks.

Hey guys so I updated to 10.50 last night and now the simulator takes an eternity (like 30-45 min) to load. Anyone else seen this? I deleted the prefs and have removed the plugins but the problem persists.

This happen to me as well. I ended up having to do a reinstall. It wasn't to painful since you can save a copy of your scenery folder and AC folder and move it back into place.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

This happen to me as well. I ended up having to do a reinstall. It wasn't to painful since you can save a copy of your scenery folder and AC folder and move it back into place.

Ok so I did a fresh reinstall of 10.50 into the same location (M.2 SSD) as the old copy. I moved the old copy as a backup to my 1TB HDD. Seems like the problem is still present! I installed using the provided installer from XP.com and installed everything including the Global Scenery and updated to 10.50 once prompted. Anyone run into this? Really bizarre issue.

Edit: I just thought it might be something in my OS interfering? I recently updated all of my ASUS utilities like AI Suite etc. Could this be it?

Ok so I did a fresh reinstall of 10.50 into the same location (M.2 SSD) as the old copy. I moved the old copy as a backup to my 1TB HDD. Seems like the problem is still present! I installed using the provided installer from XP.com and installed everything including the Global Scenery and updated to 10.50 once prompted. Anyone run into this? Really bizarre issue.

Edit: I just thought it might be something in my OS interfering? I recently updated all of my ASUS utilities like AI Suite etc. Could this be it?

Is this a clean install with no ADDONS ? You might want to send a tech request to Laminar. Maybe there is some registry errors, you could try CCleaner for free.

Eric Escobar

Is this a clean install with no ADDONS ? You might want to send a tech request to Laminar. Maybe there is some registry errors, you could try CCleaner for free.

Yep clean install with no addons of any kind. Already have CC cleaner and have cleaned the registry several times. Nothing fishy. I rolled back to the previous NV driver and unistalled AI Suite just to be sure. A user over at the ORG suggested I install 10.51 and see of that helps.

Edit: Well I'll be damned. Updating to 10.51 worked!!!

Yep clean install with no addons of any kind. Already have CC cleaner and have cleaned the registry several times. Nothing fishy. I rolled back to the previous NV driver and unistalled AI Suite just to be sure. A user over at the ORG suggested I install 10.51 and see of that helps.

Edit: Well I'll be damned. Updating to 10.51 worked!!!

Glad you got it sorted out !

Eric Escobar

Hi, 

Just saw this thread ... maybe a bit late...

I had this issue some time ago... because of custom scenery order in Custom Sceneries. 

Next time try Xorganizer to automatically reorder the entries in the ini file.

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

Hi, 

Just saw this thread ... maybe a bit late...

I had this issue some time ago... because of custom scenery order in Custom Sceneries. 

Next time try Xorganizer to automatically reorder the entries in the ini file.

Thanks I already got it sorted, it wasn't the scenery. I do have Xorganizer, but how do you get it to automatically order your sceneries?

What was it then sizziano? Please share to add to my knowledge database :-)

Main Simulation Rig: