Sign in to follow this  
Coop1019

Mooney M20R | Advanced Flight Modeling Simulation

On 4/28/2017 at 11:47 PM, Pat Mussotte said:

What a beauty! 

Keep up this awesome work and thank you very much for sharing

Pat

Thank you!

I applied for beta testing couple weeks via adm testing page, but haven't received anything back. I flown couple models of Mooney and did my CFI J model. No that is a big deal, but it would be nice at least to hear simple "no thanks" instead of nothing. Just saying..

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 7/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, sd_flyer said:

I applied for beta testing couple weeks via adm testing page, but haven't received anything back. I flown couple models of Mooney and did my CFI J model. No that is a big deal, but it would be nice at least to hear simple "no thanks" instead of nothing. Just saying..

Sorry about that! I was away for a few weeks, and the notification emails fell through the cracks. Thanks for pointing this out! Emails will be sent out in the next hour or so. 

32 minutes ago, Coop1019 said:

Sorry about that! I was away for a few weeks, and the notification emails fell through the cracks. Thanks for pointing this out! Emails will be sent out in the next hour or so. 

Got it thanks

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

We have been working on perfecting our exterior model's PBR. Interior model to come next.

1ra1hdvlaadi.png

• Upvote 1

eqm9y84w80pz.jpg

Here is the latest from the cockpit:

You can see in here what has been completed. All of the standard six instruments have been finished. 

A few things to show in this image:

• Performance! You can see I am getting around 95fps while taking this screenshot; our aircraft runs significantly faster on my development rig than nearly all of my other planes.
  • Circuit Breakers! You can see over at the panel, the Com/Nav1 Circuit Breaker is pulled, causing a failed radio on the GNS 530, and the NAV flag to automatically display in the HSI.
  • Switches: Nearly all of the systems are complete that are simulator worthy: the switches work.

A few things that are not finished:

• Display drawing: you can see that the M800 Chronometer, EDM-700 Engine Monitor, the Autopilot, Transponder, and ADF have not been implemented. Logic is there for our custom systems; drawing is still a WIP.
  • Annunciator Panel: The actual annunciators need to be textured in.
  • Some more miscellaneous stuff here and there.

All in all, the aircraft is coming along nicely. Thank you all for your support.

• Upvote 2

The panel is looking really nice, @Coop1019 !  :)

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Very nice a buy from day 1.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The M20R Ovation 3 Alpha has been released!

Feature List:

• Ovation 3 Performance Updates including 130-gallon fuel tank and 310HP engine.
  • Laminar Research G1000 is fully integrated
  • Customized Engine and Trim overlays to represent the M20R*
  • A fully revamped electrical system including buses, circuit breakers, etc.
  • Custom Menu system using Laminar’s SDK allowing popout windows
  • Revamped Cabin*
  • Revamped FMOD sounds
  • Full VR Compatibility*
  • Ovation 3 Liveries! (All Ovation II liveries are also compatible with the Ovation III as well)
  • XP SDK 3.0 features integrated
  • Performance Improvements (I am getting ~20fps greater than the latest released Ovation II version. The M20R Ovation II will soon get these updates
  • And much, much more!

See more here: https://www.afmsimulation.com/announcments/m20r-ovation-iii-alpha-available/

I'm glad the plane is being updated frequently, but from what I have seen the graphical quality of the interior (panel in particular) is still lackluster for a current day add-on. It just seems extremely flat. I've been following the dev blogs but don't really see a lot of improvement in that area.

Has anyone flown it recently and is able to comment? I don't generally care for the most cutting edge graphics, but if what I'm looking at all flight doesn't appeal to me, it's a tough one to swallow (especially with a similar plane being available for XP11).