Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Feedback Lear 35A Effects Package

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone uses that effects package addon for the Lear ? I watched the video and it seemed like a negligable improvement - really don't need disco lights in the back - so is this package still worthy of the $20 + they are asking ?

The one thing I noted is that the landing light on the Lear doesn't seem to illuminate the runway on approach - only after you set her down - which seems to be missing the point of a Landing Light - would this package improve that aspect ?

As always - thanks so much for your time and insights...

Regards,

Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Scott

I was wondering the same and did not get it. I am interested too for some feedback from somebody who got it  :wink:

cheers

Pascal

• Upvote 1

I don't fly the Lear a lot now but have to say reluctantly that when I bought the effects package I didn't actually notice any major difference.

Others may disagree and if you plan on flying the Lear a lot you may benefit.

The package is certainly not as 'big' compared to the airliner packages.

Personally I like it, the main argument for me were the realistic landing/ recog lights; no volumetric lighting in daylight or clear weather, but very very nice effects in fog and rain.

Contrails.. well, I don't see much improvement there. Some other minor effects like cold start, touchdown smoke, tiretracks during rain, engine blast during wet conditions, brakes effect during gear retraction.

If it's worth it- for me it is, for the landing light effects alone; it feels quite immersive when you see this rain effect cast in front of the recogs during approach. Depends on how you value such things. It's a great  addition, but after all, only eyecandy.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the additional feedback - I may just bite the bullet since I am enjoying this plane...

Regards,
Scott