Sign in to follow this  

Anyone check nVidia 376.09 drivers work in SLI with P3D V3.x?

without flickering ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

thanks a lot, i will try

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

thanks a lot, i will try

Hi Jean,

Shane just reported (apparently on 375.33) a few posts back in #74 of this thread that the problem remains.

Have you tried it yet? Does the smoke/spray effect works well in P3D v 3.4x without flickering in SLI with 376.33?

Kind regards, :hi:

I have seen it on wakes and lights  and i deleted my shaders after install  havent seen the smoke spray yet

Sorry, my english is too light !

Do you mean you have still flickering with smoke and light ?

I have seen it on wakes and lights  and i deleted my shaders after install  havent seen the smoke spray yet

Just to be certain, you have seen the flashing on boat wakes and lights using 376.33? Which lights by the way? The boat spray and smoke effect is similar or the same I think.

Sorry, my english is too light !

Do you mean you have still flickering with smoke and light ?

Too bad that this problem remains after this length of time and multiple driver releases. It is a serious concern and renders SLI deficient for P3D v. 3.4x. This is strangely odd for a company in the GPU producing business, don't you think?

Kindest regards, and warm season's greetings, :hi: 

Hi,

My first impressions of the latest 376.33 driver set are favourable. Clean installed effortlessly via GeForce Experience. Seem very stable and no issues encountered outside P3D so far. Performance seems about the same, I would say, and monitoring SLI confirms that they are working well with equal distribution of load. My 980Ti's topped out at around 80-85% but, again, this was a somewhat limited test.

Sadly, nothing has been done...as yet...with regard to the annoying flickering affecting wakes and smoke stacks. I flew around Edinburgh and over the Forth Bridges - all three of them courtesy of a recent freebie from the excellent 'ScotFlight for Orbx' - and witnessed a number of flickering boat wakes on the Forth. On up to Grangemouth and, as with my previous drivers, the cooling towers are still belching flickering clouds of steam. Otherwise all was well and, I have to say, I believe I can live with a few flickers rather than have them persuade me to ditch this nice set of drivers.

Mike

Just to be certain, you have seen the flashing on boat wakes and lights using 376.33? Which lights by the way? The boat spray and smoke effect is similar or the same I think.

Too bad that this problem remains after this length of time and multiple driver releases. It is a serious concern and renders SLI deficient for P3D v. 3.4x. This is strangely odd for a company in the GPU producing business, don't you think?

Kindest regards, and warm season's greetings, :hi:

Hi Stephen,

Have you reported your concerns to NVIDIA via their GeForce Experience? It only takes a moment. If we want them to sit up and pay us some attention then we need to be jumping up and down. The more who do it the better chance we have of seeing some action. Never mind the fact that we represent a niche interest worthy of little attention. We need to be that metaphorical thorn in their side.

Regards,

Mike

I've been running the 373.06 drivers and all seems fine, I don't have an SLI set-up is there any benefit to move to the latest drivers?

I usually say "if it isn't broken, don't fix it"  I run a GTX 1070 G1 with a 4K Samsung TV at 30 Hz

and I do use a few Nvidia Inspector settings like Preferred Max Performance and 4x SGSSA

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hi Joe,

If I were you I would stick with what you have until NVIDIA get their act together. I am very happy with the 376.33 driver set but honestly would have preferred to see no flickering. Fortunately it's only really an issue for me when I get up close; from a distance it's hardly noticeable and, so far, I have only noticed it affecting boat wakes and chimney smoke. Like you, I am reluctant to be without 4xSGSSA (NI) along with MSAAx4 in-sim.

I would have tried going back to an earlier set like the 373.06 but feel a little wary of DDU. I am unable to get into SAFE MODE in the usual way - appears to be an idiosyncrasy with the UEFI BIOS. I am aware that I can select Safe boot under the Boot tab of MsConfig but, as yet, have never had to use it in anger, nor do I know whether it will boot the system into SAFE MODE, although I am assuming it will. My understanding is that DDU will restart the system in SAFE MODE automatically to allow removal of all driver components but, again, I'm not sure it will do so under the UEFI BIOS front end. Surprisingly there is very little info on the Internet. Up till now all my driver updating has been accomplished without incident via GeForce Experience. Never had a problem. However it does not allow you to go back to earlier driver sets so I have marched on relentlessly..LOL!

If anyone is interested, here are my current P3D specific driver settings which seem to work very well:

NVIDIA Control Panel

Antialiasing - Mode: Enhance the application setting

Antialiasing - Setting: Use global setting (Application-controlled) (entry greyed out)

Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1 (current entry was: Use the 3D application setting)

Monitor Technology: Fixed Refresh

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode

Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance

Preferred refresh rate (Ancor Communications Inc ROG PG278Q): Highest available

SLI rendering mode: NVIDIA recommended (SLI)

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp

Texture filtering - Quality: High Quality

Triple buffering: Use global setting (OFF) (N.B. ON in P3D with VSync)?

Vertical sync: Use the 3D application setting

NVIDIA INSPECTOR (v2.12)

SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11) - 0x080040F5 (Daylight, Evolve, Monster Hunter Online Benchmark, Ryse: Son of Rome...)

Frame Rate Limiter: Off (greyed out)

GSYNC-Application State: Fixed Refresh Rate

Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1 (current entry was: Use the 3D application setting)

Preferred Refreshrate: Highest available

Triple buffering: OFF (N.B. ON/OFF in P3D depending on VSync setting) (greyed out)

Vertical Sync: Use the 3D application setting

Antialiasing - Mode: Enhance the application setting

Antialiasing - Transparency Multisampling: Disabled (greyed out)

Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling: 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling (N.B. MSAA: 4x Samples in P3D)

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp

Texture filtering - Quality: High quality

Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance

I run with VSync=ON, No Triple buffering, Unlimited frame rate in P3D. Works well most of the time with very fluid screen updating and decent frame rates. As ever, it will depend on what and where you fly and my system is really no different in that regard, although I am able to wind up the eye candy to achieve a very nice experience.

I keep a record of such settings as many are wiped out/changed each time I perform a 'Clean' install of a new driver set. That allows me to reinstate a known good working setup with the least hassle.

Using ENVTEX, with Maxime's (one of the authors) PTA Preset, integrated with Active Sky 2016/ASCA and the visuals are frankly astonishing - best I've witnessed so far!

Regards,

Mike