Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

Extensive OOM's

@mikeymike guys here are saying that when you use a lot of addons with v 3.4.9 OOM happens, while using default stuff as you have stated, it is obvious that oom will not happen. :)

But i am using lots of addons

As16

Ftx global mesh

Orbx global

Vector

Rex 4

Soft clouds

And addon airports

Fsdt flytampa etc etc

But i refuse to use orbx open lc that is a vas killer 100%

@mikeymike oh then i must have missunderstood your post, sorry; yeah i have a ton of different addons, using latest p3d build, i didn't have an oom issue in past week or two, i started to turn off sceneries that i don't fly to, including open lc.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

One "solution" for quite a number of people has been staying/going back to previous versions of P3D such as 3.2 and 3.3 where the relation between FPS and VAS in many cases has been proven to be superior vs in the latest version of P3D (3.4x).

3D v3.4.14.18870 (Client only update)
PMDG737NG for P3D
Win7-64
FSDT KLAX V2 (KLAX and KSAN areas testing)
Orbs Global Base (FTX Central 3)

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0
No memory problems
No FPS problems
No VAS problems

Note: No problems with previous P3D versions (e.g. 3.2, 3.2, 3.4x)

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

But i am using lots of addons

As16

Ftx global mesh

Orbx global

Vector

Rex 4

Soft clouds

And addon airports

Fsdt flytampa etc etc

But i refuse to use orbx open lc that is a vas killer 100%

Just a thought here, but what if, in the current P3D ecosystem, WE should be managing our VAS instead of relying on the developers to do it for us?  What I mean is this, say we have a fresh copy of P3D, perhaps the latest version, and we start off by adding what is most important to the sim, which obviously would be a good aircraft.  After installation of the aircraft, perform a couple of flights to ensure stability, then if all goes well, start adding scenery based on the kind of flying you do.  If you are a tube flyer, obviously you won't need high detail scenery (primarily made for GA flying), so you stick with a good base, like FTX Global.  Then, STOP adding scenery, and move on to airports and then finally a good weather generator, and between each install, perform a flight to monitor how your system handles the new add-ons with the sim.

Maybe we tend to install everything all at once, because logic would dictate that sicne we bought all of the addons they need to get installed, but with consideration towards VAS limits in P3D, we may be hitting a peak that can't be managed effectively anymore by design, until 64-bit takes hold.

As I said, it's just a thought and since I moved from the P3D woes to X-Plane, I've given thought to tinkering around with P3D again to test this thought and see what the results are.  I do still like P3D and while I've had considerable investment into it, in the past, it wouldn't hurt to take another look but on a more careful and informed basis.  I am one of the cautious ones who always kept their previous installs of P3D, so I may go back to P3D 3.2 and try this out.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Just to add I do know some people haven't experienced any VAS issues in the latest version of P3D and that is excellent for anyone in that position.

Also of course you can start "managing" VAS on your own by lowering settings, removing add-ons etc.

What I've been pointing out is that for anyone who has lots of VAS issues in the latest version(s) of P3D who doesn't want to lower their settings and who would like to carry on using all of their add-ons they've already paid for and been able to use just fine with previous versions of P3D going back to one of those previous versions has proven to be a very good way getting rid of all those VAS issues and invest your time in having fun rather than spending your time troubleshooting and/or figure out what settings to decrease and what add-ons to stop use. Once again, settings and add-ons that haven't caused any issues what so ever in previous versions of P3Dv3.

To me it's very obvious something changed in P3Dv3.4 that wasn't very good from a VAS perspective looking at the number of people with VAS issues since that version was released. All you need to do is count the number of threads in here talking about VAS issues where this thread is only one of many.

I even noticed a moderator closing another thread the other day with the explanation he didn't want it to turn into yet another thread where people were discussing VAS issues so...when LM hasn't shown any interest addressing the VAS issues or even acknowledging there is one introduced in 3.4 where Avsim at the same time don't want people to carry on discussing this topic I personally find the "solution" going back to a version of P3D with zero VAS issues a very good one but hey...up to each and everyone what you would like to invest your time in and what sacrifices you're willing to make such as lowering your settings and/or stop using some of your add-ons. I know for sure I'm not willing to make any of those sacrifices.

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

Just to add I do know some people haven't experienced any VAS issues in the latest version of P3D and that is excellent for anyone in that position.

Also of course you can start "managing" VAS on your own by lowering settings, removing add-ons etc.

What I've been pointing out is that for anyone who has lots of VAS issues in the latest version(s) of P3D who doesn't want to lower their settings and who would like to carry on using all of their add-ons they've already paid for and been able to use just fine with previous versions of P3D going back to one of those previous versions has proven to be a very good way getting rid of all those VAS issues and invest your time in having fun rather than spending your time troubleshooting and/or figure out what settings to decrease and what add-ons to stop use. Once again, settings and add-ons that haven't caused any issues what so ever in previous versions of P3Dv3.

To me it's very obvious something changed in P3Dv3.4 that wasn't very good from a VAS perspective looking at the number of people with VAS issues since that version was released. All you need to do is count the number of threads in here talking about VAS issues where this thread is only one of many.

I even noticed a moderator closing another thread the other day with the explanation he didn't want it to turn into yet another thread where people were discussing VAS issues so...when LM hasn't shown any interest addressing the VAS issues or even acknowledging there is one introduced in 3.4 where Avsim at the same time don't want people to carry on discussing this topic I personally find the "solution" going back to a version of P3D with zero VAS issues a very good one but hey...up to each and everyone what you would like to invest your time in and what sacrifices you're willing to make such as lowering your settings and/or stop using some of your add-ons. I know for sure I'm not willing to make any of those sacrifices.

While your opinion is appreciated and your rite, is it also not the mantra of forums to provide an outlet for people to discuss issues and provide assistance by way of possible solutions?  I personally read your previous posting about going back to an older version, and I personally feel that may be a good solution, but I have also seen many people upset that the later versions of P3D are not doing better and that they had not kept the previous versions to fall back onto, coupled with the fact that LM does not archive the incremental versions for users.

I was not trying to sway the majority opinion here, just offering some insight into what I am discovering and offering my assessments.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

They reopened that thread.  It's good because folks need to work their way to a solution.  People discussing options that work, be it rolling back, disabling select add-ons, rolling back sliders helps the situation.  LM needs to either manage the VAS better or make it 64-bit...or both...preferably both.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

They reopened that thread.  It's good because folks need to work their way to a solution.  People discussing options that work, be it rolling back, disabling select add-ons, rolling back sliders helps the situation.  LM needs to either manage the VAS better or make it 64-bit...or both...preferably both.

Good to hear that.

While your opinion is appreciated and your rite, is it also not the mantra of forums to provide an outlet for people to discuss issues and provide assistance by way of possible solutions?  I personally read your previous posting about going back to an older version, and I personally feel that may be a good solution, but I have also seen many people upset that the later versions of P3D are not doing better and that they had not kept the previous versions to fall back onto, coupled with the fact that LM does not archive the incremental versions for users.

I was not trying to sway the majority opinion here, just offering some insight into what I am discovering and offering my assessments.

You are absolutely right. To me the main reason for spending time in here is and has always been to help and get help.

Richard Åsberg

LM needs to either manage the VAS better or make it 64-bit...or both...preferably both.

Has LM mentioned they see a VAS problem with P3D?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I'm quite sure the anwser is no :(

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I don't believe it is a matter of them not seeing it, but rather they investigate when multiple users report the problem.  For example, here is a thread I came across about VAS issues with P3D v3.3:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=119535&start=30

In response, Adam from P3D, mentions the hotfix to address the VAS "leak".  Users reported (and showed screenshots) of the memory usage between v3.2 and v3.3.  With regards to v3.4, there is this:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=120967&start=30

There is interaction between the LM team and the users, and it seems they are doing their part to address these issues and reaching out to developers.  In both threads, the commonality is dealing with third party add-ons.

Looking at this objectively, if no add-ons are used and a user flies "all stock", then no VAS issues should occur, right?  I think this was addressed before that as soon as you start adding anything to the sim, the variables change.

Not sure if there are any Rift users in this thread who can also chime in, but since I went to VR I don't think I've had any VAS issues.  I'd have to do a stare and compare between the FlyInside P3D config and the base config I was using to see if there was a difference.  I mostly fly in the NYC area which we all know is a horror show for VAS, especially with any addons.  I'll take a look when I get home from work and see what might be different.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I had OOM issues as well....but since I switched to Windows 10 and a complete new installation of P3D 3.4, I have no OOM´s at all....also the blurring of the scenery is much better now. I suppose I had one or more add ons installed which caused the VAS issues.