Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

If there ever is a Lear 35A - 2.8...

I'm kind of disappointed with the list. No FDE/performance work mentioned and my pet peeve, poor illumination with landing lights at night. :mad:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Hi Folks,

Agree - would like to see a little better at night - I did try the effects addon package as well - really no improvement in visibility...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

And for the second time: The light splashes are hardcoded and can not be varied in intensity or made to do other tricks.

And FDE work, should FSW ever decide to do it, will need an extreme amount of time as the aerodynamics will have to be rebuilt from the ground up to provide realistic behaviour. Try to walk a mile in their shoes before expressing disappointment.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

And for the second time: The light splashes are hardcoded and can not be varied in intensity or made to do other tricks.

I understand. As I said (also for the second time).. Add the default FSX landing lights FX to the model. It would be far better than the half-baked implementation they've got today.

And FDE work, should FSW ever decide to do it, will need an extreme amount of time as the aerodynamics will have to be rebuilt from the ground up to provide realistic behaviour. Try to walk a mile in their shoes before expressing disappointment.

Been there, done that! And at $40US, I think it's fair to expect better.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Hi Folks,

Agree - would like to see a little better at night - I did try the effects addon package as well - really no improvement in visibility...

Regards,

Scott

Scott, you more or less decided for me not to buy the FSFX pack. Pity, they did a great job with Precipit FX, the Dash 8 and the Aerosoft Bus. I look for mist and low cloud just to see those strobes!

As for the Lear "upgrade", at least Flysimware continue to be attentive to us simmers and develop their product. I bet there is more to come!

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Yeah - for the Lear the Effects Package doesn't do much that was noticed by me - the biggest thing is it removes the 3D light beams during daylight if they bother you... Disco lights - LOL - never even enabled by me... If it were less than $10.00 - maybe...

Hi Folks,

Following FSW's work on 2.8 over on FSDeveloper just shows you what a true labor of love this plane is to the developer - along with his other models - even on minute details such as getting the ammeter to function correctly on startup... Pretty incredible - Carenado should take a page from this guy... I'm a FSW fan for life...

Bjoern - while above my pay grade - I see you stepping up to help out with the work to make this model even better - much appreciated - sir...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

I understand. As I said (also for the second time).. Add the default FSX landing lights FX to the model. It would be far better than the half-baked implementation they've got today.

Been there, done that! And at $40US, I think it's fair to expect better.

Tell it straight to FSW if you want it that way.

FSW doesn't seem to be the most well staffed team and most FDE experts are already working for other teams, so how on earth are they supposed to fulfill your expectations?

Bjoern - while above my pay grade - I see you stepping up to help out with the work to make this model even better - much appreciated - sir...

Thanks. And I can see myself digging in even further with that stupid FDE. *Grr*

Hi Bjoern,

LOL - just when you thought you were out - they drag you right back in...

OBTW: I finally picked up that Metroliner you worked so hard on - I've done a few cursory flights but I just can't break myself away from this bird long enough to give it a fair shake... My actual sim time is pretty limited - LOL - but I talk about it a bunch... I have a buddy that flies them on some defense contracting gigs as well - SOCAL and Hawaii - might be Phoenix Air or someone similar - haven't spoken with him in a while though...

Regards,

Scott

Tell it straight to FSW if you want it that way.

FSW doesn't seem to be the most well staffed team and most FDE experts are already working for other teams, so how on earth are they supposed to fulfill your expectations?

Thanks. And I can see myself digging in even further with that stupid FDE. *Grr*

Bjoern,

Yes, I don't think there are a lot of FDE experts around. Anything you can find time to do --  just little by little -- I know will be well appreciated by all here.

Thx,

Al

OBTW: I finally picked up that Metroliner you worked so hard on - I've done a few cursory flights but I just can't break myself away from this bird long enough to give it a fair shake... My actual sim time is pretty limited - LOL - but I talk about it a bunch... I have a buddy that flies them on some defense contracting gigs as well - SOCAL and Hawaii - might be Phoenix Air or someone similar - haven't spoken with him in a while though...

The bird is real fun, but you really need to stay ahead on approach or it will bite you.

And as with the Learjet, be glad that its real quirks are not modeled. I've seen lots of complaints about the unreliable nose wheel staaring and the tendency to pick up ice on the belly when cruising nose high.

For "learning by observing" training, check out Davethepilot's videos on Youtube.

Yes, I don't think there are a lot of FDE experts around. Anything you can find time to do --  just little by little -- I know will be well appreciated by all here.

FDE work sadly can't be done piece by piece, at least not when it comes to the basic lift-drag-propulsion-gravity relationship.

I you haven't looked recently. The list of updated/fixed things have grown in the forthcoming update 2.8

http://flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A_UPDATES.html

Well spotted!

The pitch trim limited to +-10 degrees is interesting!

No more VAS Patch...they fixed the dimmer light VAS bleed?

Spoilers now on a g1000 key, standard / key not assigned?

Looks like a big list now, no wonder we will need to uninstall and reinstall!:-)

Nice!

Regards,

David

If you haven't looked recently. The list of updated/fixed things have grown in the forthcoming update 2.8

Yes, great support from Flysimware! 

One item listed under Bugs and Updates is:

Altitude lower deflection indicator now is for localizer only.

I don't understand what that update is referring to -- help?.

Thx,

Al

Altitude lower deflection indicator now is for localizer only.

I don't understand what that update is referring to -- help?.

That must be a typo? Perhaps they mean GS, Glide Slope lower deflection indicator?

Hope they get the files out soon!

Cheers

David