Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

If there ever is a Lear 35A - 2.8...

The Lear uses a custom landing light splash, which, for the sake of efficiency has been kept simple to only compensate for pitch. Making the splash fully adjustable, movable, etc... splash is a PITA beyond everything and will awfully increase model complexity as well as resource use.

I think the FSFX pack may cover the landing lights?

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/Lear35Immersion/

ITT uses the default FSX variable, which is fairly borked and no one really knows how its values are calculated. If "ITT rise" also describes the general engine, spooling, see the mod pack for a mild remedy.

Which "Mod Pack" are you referring to?

The manual Learjet AFM "Gates Learjet 35A/36A with FC-200 Autopilot FAA Approved Flight Manual", does provide a full set of graphs.  (There is a link somewhere on the forum)

We have a RW Lear pilot on this forum, he would be well placed to comment on the ITT. I recall he has said that they used to watch the ITT as a reference to best climb, far more than the N1 readouts?

Best Regards

David

I think the FSFX pack may cover the landing lights?

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/Lear35Immersion/

That's neither what Scott meant nor something the FSFX developer could immplement. 

Which "Mod Pack" are you referring to?

There's more than one?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/500316-mods-for-the-learjet-35a/

The manual Learjet AFM "Gates Learjet 35A/36A with FC-200 Autopilot FAA Approved Flight Manual", does provide a full set of graphs.  (There is a link somewhere on the forum)

Googling the title finds two sites with it, but one is behind one of those bloody-arse "log in to do anything" walls and the other freezes my browser because of Javascript.

We have a RW Lear pilot on this forum, he would be well placed to comment on the ITT. I recall he has said that they used to watch the ITT as a reference to best climb, far more than the N1 readouts?

I've heard of setting power by fuel flow, but ITT...?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

That's neither what Scott meant nor something the FSFX developer could immplement. There's more than one?http://www.avsim.com/topic/500316-mods-for-the-learjet-35a/Googling the title finds two sites with it, but one is behind one of those bloody-arse "log in to do anything" walls and the other freezes my browser because of Javascript.I've heard of setting power by fuel flow, but ITT...?

Your a veritable mine of information, thank you so very much.

Happy Holidays Captain.

David

...splash is a PITA beyond everything and will awfully increase model complexity as well as resource use.

Or it's reverting to the default landing light splashes.

Do it right or don't do it at all. If you can't do a custom splash properly due to it's complexity, use the default landing lights. No shame in that.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Do it right or don't do it at all. If you can't do a custom splash properly due to it's complexity, use the default landing lights. No shame in that.

Or, y'know, dial down your expectations?

Your a veritable mine of information, thank you so very much.

I know. :)

Or, y'know, dial down your expectations?

Oh. I Have! :-)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Bjoern, it was Gary in another thread who was discussing n1 settings but that he always referenced the ITT as well. Its something I do, since a good way to get the most out of the aircraft without melting something!:-)

Here.

"After takeoff you reference a "maximum continuous thrust N1" chart for a given altitude in the climb so you are not exceeding the limit, in reality I rarely referenced it, we observed the manufacturer recommended 795 ITT limit for prolonged engine life (hot section) as often as possible.Some times with anti ice on in the climb you may need to check the N1 as the ITT would be higher but generally staying around 795 in the climb would keep you under any N1 limit requirement."

Cheers,

David

*Bump*

Straight from the laboratories at FSDeveloper and a taste of 2.8 (will work on older versions though): Lear autopilot functions tied to the default G1000 events. All you need to do is assign keyboard or controller keys to these functions.

http://www.flysimware.com/website/help/LEARJET35A_AP_KEYS.zip

Straight from the laboratories at FSDeveloper and a taste of 2.8 (will work on older versions though): Lear autopilot functions tied to the default G1000 events. All you need to do is assign keyboard or controller keys to these functions.

http://www.flysimwar...35A_AP_KEYS.zip

A significant advantage of this approach over Lua scripts is a registered version of FSUIPC is NOT required.

One question: Is there an easy way to make these G1000 softkey assigments unique (specific) to the L35, or once assigned will these L35 key or controller button assignments apply by default to all a/c (unless changes are made in FSX Settings-Controls)?

I ask because one feature of FSUIPC that I happen to make good use of is a particular key or controller button can be 'reused' with different a/c, e.g., a particular key can be used for the Lear AP Nav function and also for the AP Nav (or other) function with default FSX aircraft.

Al

I just wanted to say thanks to David, Bjoern and all for the great information and scripts that have been shared Here in the LJ-35 threads. Please keep up the good work. I am becoming additcted to this great airplane and your contributions add greatly to the enjoyment of us somewhat computer challenged folks.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I just wanted to say thanks to David, Bjoern and all for the great information and scripts that have been shared Here in the LJ-35 threads. Please keep up the good work. I am becoming additcted to this great airplane and your contributions add greatly to the enjoyment of us somewhat computer challenged folks.

+1

"After takeoff you reference a "maximum continuous thrust N1" chart for a given altitude in the climb so you are not exceeding the limit, in reality I rarely referenced it, we observed the manufacturer recommended 795 ITT limit for prolonged engine life (hot section) as often as possible.Some times with anti ice on in the climb you may need to check the N1 as the ITT would be higher but generally staying around 795 in the climb would keep you under any N1 limit requirement."

Cheers,

Hi David, been doing a lot of test climbs and don't appear to get these high temperatures. not sure I approach it right.

tkxvZ1F.png

bob

One question: Is there an easy way to make these G1000 softkey assigments unique (specific) to the L35, or once assigned will these L35 key or controller button assignments apply by default to all a/c (unless changes are made in FSX Settings-Controls)?

In short: They are unique to the Learjet. Unless you deliberately install the gauge into another plane whose panel coincidentially uses the same variables for its autopilot controls.

The controller or keyboard assignments for the G1000 buttons have to be assigned in FSX though and will remain global.

I'm making good progress reworking the autopilot vertical modes, so you can look forward to more.

Hi David, been doing a lot of test climbs and don't appear to get these high temperatures. not sure I approach it right.

Compare your screen shot to these images of a climb and cruise condition in the actual aircraft.The simulation visual model is pretty good but recognize the limitations of an entertainment product. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ujxwinx2x83tuj/LR35%20Climb.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl4p390jl15q5qf/LR35%20Cruise.jpg?dl=0

Gary Stewart